+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Clive being racist calling folk racist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is Clive being racist calling folk racist

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    With respect we are talking a whole magnitude of scale difference there. If someone suggests we move Parliament twelve times a year to Manchester to fit in with the Northern Powerhouse scenario then I may agree with you!

The whole expenses scandal would never have occurred if I had been in charge of approving MP's expenses. During my working life I worked for several large companies and travelled abroad a lot for business purposes. In all that time I could account for literally every penny I spent in the form of proper receipts, and expenses were limited strictly to travel costs and subsistence - that's it. I expected the people who worked for me to do the same and they knew it. There were no "daily allowances", clothing allowances, entertainment allowances, or duck house allowances.
    Common's and Lord's cost 600 million a year to run. EU parliament operates for not far off 10 times as many people. You can call that a whole new magnitude of scale if you like but I won't.

Rather than MPs move out of the 'palace of westminster' and away from the pomp and ceremony we will instead spend multiple billions renovating it.

Re: Is Clive being racist calling folk racist

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Common's and Lord's cost 600 million a year to run. EU parliament operates for not far off 10 times as many people. You can call that a whole new magnitude of scale if you like but I won't.

Rather than MPs move out of the 'palace of westminster' and away from the pomp and ceremony we will instead spend multiple billions renovating it.
    Sorry, I was only talking about the House of Commons. The House of Lords should be scrapped and replaced with an elected assembly but with proper control of the purse strings.