+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Clive being racist calling folk racist

Re: Is Clive being racist calling folk racist

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Do you deny climate change as well ?
    Not at all, it's been "bleedin obvious" for many years. I am doing my bit but I won't go into detail because I don't want to be dragged into a "I'm doing more than you" discussion along the lines of "who does more for charity" which you seem to favour.

I'm sorry you have turned down my offer of a chat. It would have been interesting but as you have closed your mind it would be pointless. The fact that you have accepted the notion that all the New Testament was written hundreds of years after the death of Jesus and therefore is a work of fiction, then yes, it would be pointless.

I wish you good luck with your Syrian refugee family. I don't know to what extent you will be involved but I have found with our Syrian family it has been quite a mix of emotions. It was hard work in the beginning but after the 18 months or so that they have been here they have become friends and to the children we are their surrogate grandparents! I know what we are doing is a drop in the ocean but we do what we can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    They would double their efforts to do what? They lost. End of story. Maybe come back in 20 years and test the waters again. Once in a lifetime vote and all that...!
    Double their efforts to leave the EU, obviously.

You think Farage would return under his rock? Johnson would let Cameron get on with being PM? The ERG Tories would give it up? The Mail and Express would change their tune?

60% of the country supporting them, and it would just be switched off like that. Sure.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Double their efforts to leave the EU, obviously.

You think Farage would return under his rock? Johnson would let Cameron get on with being PM? The ERG Tories would give it up? The Mail and Express would change their tune?

60% of the country supporting them, and it would just be switched off like that. Sure.
    Didn't Farage categorically say that he wouldn't accept 'remain' as an outcome if leave had lost the vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Didn't Farage categorically say that he wouldn't accept 'remain' as an outcome if leave had lost the vote?
    Yes he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Not at all, it's been "bleedin obvious" for many years. I am doing my bit but I won't go into detail because I don't want to be dragged into a "I'm doing more than you" discussion along the lines of "who does more for charity" which you seem to favour.

I'm sorry you have turned down my offer of a chat. It would have been interesting but as you have closed your mind it would be pointless. The fact that you have accepted the notion that all the New Testament was written hundreds of years after the death of Jesus and therefore is a work of fiction, then yes, it would be pointless.

I wish you good luck with your Syrian refugee family. I don't know to what extent you will be involved but I have found with our Syrian family it has been quite a mix of emotions. It was hard work in the beginning but after the 18 months or so that they have been here they have become friends and to the children we are their surrogate grandparents! I know what we are doing is a drop in the ocean but we do what we can do.
    My mind is very open but not to fantasy and fairy tales

Good luck with your charity work , keep it up and I will continue with mine

Take care of yourself

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    My mind is very open but not to fantasy and fairy tales

Good luck with your charity work , keep it up and I will continue with mine

Take care of yourself
    I‘m sorry you feel that way but there it is. I would have liked the opportunity to debate with you!

It would be good if you could update us from time to time on the progress of your Syrian refugee family. I don’t know how the private messaging system works but I would be really interested to know how it’s going if you wanted to use that. I trust you will find it to be a rewarding experience as I have done, despite lots of trials and tribulations along the way! There are several other groups in/around Cardiff I believe so there should be plenty of help/advice to be had.

Take care.

Gofer.