+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is Clive being racist calling folk racist

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Is Clive being racist calling folk racist

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    If less than 67% voted either way then the status quo would stand i.e. we would remain in the EU. That is whole point - there has to be a significant proportion of voters, hence strictly nlt 67%. That would be the rule and hence forget about any clamour either way with anything less.
    I agree it should have been set there, but had 60% voted to Leave but nothing was done, the last three years would have been even worse than it has been.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I agree it should have been set there, but had 60% voted to Leave but nothing was done, the last three years would have been even worse than it has been.
    Why? I voted leave but like everyone else I would have known about the 67% rule before I voted, so no argument surely. If the vote was 66.9% then I would ask for a recount!

Why? I voted leave but like everyone else I would have known about the 67% rule before I voted, so no argument surely. If the vote was 66.9% then I would ask for a recount!
    You think the likes of Farage and Johnson (who used the campaign as a springboard) would just shrug their shoulders? Would the Mail and Express back down?

Absolutely not, the rhetoric (which in June 2016 was very much aimed at immigration) would have increased. There would be outrage that 50% more people voted to leave than stay but the Political Elite are thwarting the Will Of The People.

You think the likes of Farage and Johnson (who used the campaign as a springboard) would just shrug their shoulders? Would the Mail and Express back down?

Absolutely not, the rhetoric (which in June 2016 was very much aimed at immigration) would have increased. There would be outrage that 50% more people voted to leave than stay but the Political Elite are thwarting the Will Of The People.
    Why should I care what Farage, Johnson, the Daily Mail or the Daily Express think/say? What is so difficult to understand - there are no shades of grey here, 67% means 67%, full stop.

Why should I care what Farage, Johnson, the Daily Mail or the Daily Express think/say? What is so difficult to understand - there are no shades of grey here, 67% means 67%, full stop.
    I haven't said you cared what they think. I don't care what they think. I'm asking what you think they would do.

The idea that they would say "oh well, we needed 67% but only got 60%" and lay down their arms is crazy. They'd double their efforts.

I haven't said you cared what they think. I don't care what they think. I'm asking what you think they would do.

The idea that they would say "oh well, we needed 67% but only got 60%" and lay down their arms is crazy. They'd double their efforts.
    They would double their efforts to do what? They lost. End of story. Maybe come back in 20 years and test the waters again. Once in a lifetime vote and all that...!

They would double their efforts to do what? They lost. End of story. Maybe come back in 20 years and test the waters again. Once in a lifetime vote and all that...!
    Double their efforts to leave the EU, obviously.

You think Farage would return under his rock? Johnson would let Cameron get on with being PM? The ERG Tories would give it up? The Mail and Express would change their tune?

60% of the country supporting them, and it would just be switched off like that. Sure.