+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FLYNN - ONE THAT GOT AWAY (not !)

FLYNN - ONE THAT GOT AWAY (not !)

Quite a few on here and the other board were keen for us to appoint Michael Flynn after NW left. I have to say that I was not one of them. Since when did managing a lower league side who were not ripping up their division at the time put him in the frame to manage us ? They've just had their first league win since October, so for us I think, it was a lucky escape. As for Harris, who knows? My gut feeling is not overly positive but he has to be given a fair crack of the whip.

What's happened to that other shining beacon of a manager, Eddie Howe ? He was the next England manager in waiting at one stage. I will be rather surprised if he gets Bournemouth out of their current predicament although being on the top manager's merry-go-round (a la Pardew, Hodgson, Bruce etc), expect him to find a plum job even if he gets the elbow by the cherries.......

Re: FLYNN - ONE THAT GOT AWAY (not !)

Newport were ripping it up and Flynn has clearly done a very good job. These things happen and they've had a mumps outbreak.

Also, Howe took Bournemouth from League 2 to the top half of the Premier League. I think he's overrated but he's done a brilliant job.

I saw nothing but negativity towards appointing Flynn apart from Ianto who wanted to appoint Flynn cause he’s welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Newport were ripping it up and Flynn has clearly done a very good job. These things happen and they've had a mumps outbreak.

Also, Howe took Bournemouth from League 2 to the top half of the Premier League. I think he's overrated but he's done a brilliant job.

Newport made a decent start to the season but ripping up the division they most certainly didn't.

Howe definitely got them playing fantastic football when they got promoted and they've had a few excellent seasons in the PL. However, you always get the feeling that small clubs who achieve a modicum of success are for some reason never able to sustain it. When their time is up, their fall from grace can be quite dramatic. I quite like the Cherries and Eddie Howe so I hope they will survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I saw nothing but negativity towards appointing Flynn apart from Ianto who wanted to appoint Flynn cause he’s welsh.

On both boards their were quite a few who wanted Flynn to get the job. Not the majority by any means. Personally I can never understand this leaning to get a Welsh manager or Welsh players. I don't care if they come from Outer Mongolia as long as they can do a good job.

Flynn was there today, up on level 4, watching the City. My friend , who is about 79, asked him if he fancied coming here! He replied "Not really", thank goodness for that.

Think we missed a great opportunity with Nigel Pearson would have suited us

Quote Originally Posted by walinoz View Post
    Think we missed a great opportunity with Nigel Pearson would have suited us
    Strangely, I said the same today to someone .