+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: West Ham bid for Etheridge - Updated. West Ham sign Randolph

Re: West Ham bid for Etheridge.

Take it, spend the money on our midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    We could use it to sign madine.
    Is he the guy that scored all the goals ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Brian Murphy, that is!
    He is 87 now .
    I think his best days are behind him

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    He is 87 now .
    I think his best days are behind him
    And he didn't fancy it much when he was "young".

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Take it, spend the money on our midfield
    Take it and pay off Bacuna, Vaulks and Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Murphy has apparently been released.
    Missed that. So yeah Etheridge out, money in, smithies 1 Day 2 and the young lad as the back up, let him play for Barry but train with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Is he the guy that scored all the goals ?
    Yes , but we could resign him now on a new contract and just pay enough to cover his boxing gym fee's , equipment ,minder and bandages .

Interesting quote :

Harris has since confirmed he will not be involved in Wednesday night's game at League Two Carlisle, adding: "I'm not saying he's not going to be involved from now until the end of the month, but at the moment being on the training pitch is what he needs."

that should go for the whole team. I'd field the under 23's

Some players seem happy to reach a certain point and earn their money.
    The best stay behind and work on their weaknesses.
    Would it be THAT much of an inconvenience for him to work on his kicking an hour a day after squad training!? Same as others that keep their head down while running and can't find a pass etc.
    Fans pay good money, you earn good money. Put the extra effort in.

Wales Online now saying West Ham have not bid for Etheridge - which is no surprise at all.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-17567675

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Would it be THAT much of an inconvenience for him to work on his kicking an hour a day after squad training!? Same as others that keep their head down while running and can't find a pass etc.
    In the same way some players can't lift their head up when they're running with the ball (NML) Etheridge may not have that ability on matchday to be able to get his body shape right and put his foot through the ball. You can always tell when it's going to be a bad one, he's so square on to the ball. It must be psychological, i bet he's great in training.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    In the same way some players can't lift their head up when they're running with the ball (NML) Etheridge may not have that ability on matchday to be able to get his body shape right and put his foot through the ball. You can always tell when it's going to be a bad one, he's so square on to the ball. It must be psychological, i bet he's great in training.
    Someone mentioned he was good pre match in shot practice.

I would just like to see some improvement on it, if he's ok in training with kicking then he's obviously not under any pressure, I don't know but it's not up to us fans to come up with a solution or a training method to help them, that's on him to ask for more help and the club to come up with a solution.

Maybe a brain training app to work on his sharpness or whackamole to help with his speed of decision making under pressure.

For a pro footballer Glatzel doesn’t seem to be able to strike a ball cleanly, a couple of his goals have appeared to be scuffed in. When he turned the two defenders on the edge of the box on Sunday ( did very well to do it I might add), I thought he should have took it on a yard or two, he was more or less one on one, but his shot was abysmal. A great shame after a decent bit of skill (if unwittingly )

West ham sign Randolph 3.5 year deal

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7VohwEg...d=e044u12smql9

Re: West Ham bid for Etheridge - Updated. West Ham sign Randolph

Old Etheridge will be disappointed .

I don't totally buy this club turned down bid stuff , it was the same for Zohore and that alleged 17 million bid , all I do know some players never seem the same again after transfer speculation, and not actually going, I wonder if they know deep down the club would release them at a price , and that's where the partnership between player , club and performance is effected ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Old Etheridge will be disappointed .

I don't totally buy this club turned down bid stuff , it was the same for Zohore and that alleged 17 million bid , all I do know some players never seem the same again after transfer speculation, and not actually going, I wonder if they know deep down the club would release them at a price , and that's where the partnership between player , club and performance is effected ??
    Probably just agents lying to generate interest like they all do, or the McKay lowlifes did anyway

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Do you have some inside knowledge about Etheridge's training regime? May be he does stay behind and work on his kicking

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Do you have some inside knowledge about Etheridge's training regime? May be he does stay behind and work on his kicking
    Yeah can tell each game he ats how much he's come on.

Even Harris said to him a few days back "coming on you are Neil"