+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: problems solved....

problems solved....

Sell Etheridge to West Ham....

Buy Kiefer Moore & Loan/Buy Camarasa

Re: problems solved....

Or keep Etheridge and don't sign Moore. But try and get Camarasa.

Sell Etheridge, use the money to buy out the contracts of the sh*te we have accumulated under Warnock, don't sign Moore and try and find someone on loan as capable as Camarasa but not quite as precious. I seem to remember that, last season, there was a difference of opinion over his fitness between his advisers and us which resulted in him not playing for a spell. Why don't Real Betis want him ? Crystal Palace don't want to play him. Is he trouble ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Sell Etheridge, use the money to buy out the contracts of the sh*te we have accumulated under Warnock, don't sign Moore and try and find someone on loan as capable as Camarasa but not quite as precious. I seem to remember that, last season, there was a difference of opinion over his fitness between his advisers and us which resulted in him not playing for a spell. Why don't Real Betis want him ? Crystal Palace don't want to play him. Is he trouble ?
    I tend to agree, although I think camarasa would do ok at this level the better teams manage with players like him.

I think Warnock may have a different idea of fitness to Harris and Harris may not have the same arguments with Betis, didn't Warnock trust his own judgement rather than that of people paid to look after that side of things?
    He doesn't start for palace because they are quite strong and seem to go for "working" all round players in the middle, so not sure why they got camarasa. That Max Mayer they signed doesn't get a great deal of time either (unless he's been injured)

I don't think for a second the lad is trouble.

Would camarasa and Tomlin work in the same side?

Not sure Moore is anything other than an average championship player at best, and we have several of those.

If we want better value we need to be looking outside of this country

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Or keep Etheridge and don't sign Moore. But try and get Camarasa.
    Yes we need more creative outlets to feed anyone up front

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Would camarasa and Tomlin work in the same side?
    One of them would have to play in an unfamiliar deeper role which neither would be too happy with.
    Similar conundrum to trying to accommodate Camarasa and Bobby Reid last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    He was the pick of our crop , and I think its best left there

At no point have we looked good enough to go up this season. If by some miracle we went up through the playoffs we would be in terrible shape for the premier League, with the players another year older.
    Let's cut our losses now and give plenty of playing time to youngsters. If one or two can make the grade at this level it gives us a platform to build on.
    We aren't likely to go down from here and we would at least have something positive from the season

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Camarase was never on Harris’s wish list and he’s today gone to another Spanish team on loan to the end of the season

At no point have we looked good enough to go up this season. If by some miracle we went up through the playoffs we would be in terrible shape for the premier League, with the players another year older.
    Let's cut our losses now and give plenty of playing time to youngsters. If one or two can make the grade at this level it gives us a platform to build on.
    We aren't likely to go down from here and we would at least have something positive from the season
    I've tried making this point, I do t see the point in trying with such a poor squad to go up when we could start laying foundations for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Camarase was never on Harris’s wish list and he’s today gone to another Spanish team on loan to the end of the season
    I'm not sure there were too many envisaging his return mate.

So this didn't go to plan.....
    West Ham have signed another GK.
    Camarasa has left palace and been signed on loan.

Moore to make it 1/3 ?

I quite agree. I quietly laughed to myself at the beginning of the season, when Warnock and his fan boys all blindly thought we had a team capable of challenging for the top.
    They couldn’t have been much further from the truth - it needs ripping up and starting again.

Moore is probably not even an average Championship player. He's scored twice this season. The bulk of his goals have come at League 1 or below. If he didn't play for Wales he wouldn't even get a mention on here. If he came free and signed a relatively modest contract, he might be worth a punt, but even then I wouldn't be too excited about it. I think for once, I'd be happier to see players going out during this window.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I quite agree. I quietly laughed to myself at the beginning of the season, when Warnock and his fan boys all blindly thought we had a team capable of challenging for the top.
    They couldn’t have been much further from the truth - it needs ripping up and starting again.
    Quietly laughed to yourself?

What you mean is, 5 months later you're trying to be a smart ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Quietly laughed to yourself?

What you mean is, 5 months later you're trying to be a smart ass.
    Not at all. It was plain to see that Warnock was putting together a workmanlike team that wasn’t going to be good enough at this level.
    We may be close to the play-offs, but so are all the teams above us.