+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales Air Ambulance

Wales Air Ambulance

This was mentioned on BBC Wales News tonight, how a little girl was treated in time to save her after a heart attack. However it was touch and go as the WAA had to use an ambulance car because the funds do not stretch to providing night time cover by helicopter. I live in west Wales and very often we see the red WAA helicopter flying over and around our part of the world, usually picking up tourists who have come to grief. Although the item said that the WAA needs to up its income to £8 million to provide 24 hour cover, it didn't say how much money it needed to reach that figure. I looked up their website and currently they raise £6.5 million p.a. so that means they only need a further £1.5 million to achieve their target.

Now I know it is frankly disgusting that a critical service such as this has to rely on charity in the first place (shame on you W.A.G.) but £1.5 million equates to about 50p p.a. per head of population in Wales. The BBC missed an opportunity there to give a plug for this charity.

If every CCFC and SCFC season ticket holder (20,000 folk?) gave £7 a month that would do it (and more, with Gift Aid). I realise that probably quite a few already donate (I do) but it would be great if even a fair proportion of the fan base did so, the publicity that that would generate would surely stimulate others in the community to do the same.

Re: Wales Air Ambulance

Its a great cause that I've contributed to for years.Busiest in the country by all accounts.

Like the OP says its disgusting that such a service has to rely on charitable donations.

It’s not just a WAG thing - the English ones are the same. It’s appalling.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    It’s not just a WAG thing - the English ones are the same. It’s appalling.
    Indeed , the tories dont give much money to the english air ambulances either

The lifeboats survive mainly on charity

And the poor bastards who have been injured in the middle east have to turn to combat stress as the NHS poorly fund post traumatic stress services

dear maggie...

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    dear maggie...
    I have got the horn

dear mrs thatcher...

..he was Welsh and tee total

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    dear mrs thatcher...
    I have got the horn and want to know what you as leader of the conservative party intend to do about it