+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hey Gringo

Hey Gringo

Re: Hey Gringo

I loved Setien at Betis and some of the football they played under him was from another planet. (Though he did lose his way a bit in his last season there where they tended to keep the ball for the sake of it)

I am torn with this one. I'd love to see him implement his ideas with players like Messi, De Jong, Puig, Arthur etc but I also dont want Bartomeu to get re-elected in the presidential elections next year.

Hopefully the Cules will remember how Bartomeu has done his best to take the club away from Cruyffs philosophy and giving opportunities to the kids that have come through La Masia.

Bartomeu aside it's an exciting appointment and I can't wait to see the football he can produce with top top players at his disposal.

I was curious how you'd feel about it as I know you like him as a manager and Barca as a club. I don't know anything about the politics of the club though so that's new to me.

Who would they bring in if he went?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I was curious how you'd feel about it as I know you like him as a manager and Barca as a club. I don't know anything about the politics of the club though so that's new to me.

Who would they bring in if he went?
    I know Victor Font is the favourite to win the election at the moment and Joan Laporte is running again.

Font would be good and he would definitely work with Setien as he's a big advocate of the Cruyff school of thought.

Part of his 'manifesto' has been to say that he wants to see Xavi as manager and that's probably why Xavi turned down Bartomeu as he doesn't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I know Victor Font is the favourite to win the election at the moment and Joan Laporte is running again.

Font would be good and he would definitely work with Setien as he's a big advocate of the Cruyff school of thought.

Part of his 'manifesto' has been to say that he wants to see Xavi as manager and that's probably why Xavi turned down Bartomeu as he doesn't like him.
    Yeah I've seen Xavi linked. You'd think he would need experience elsewhere,but Barca seems the one place you can go in relatively inexperienced if you know the club and it's values.