+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Now Swansea after Chelsea loanee Connor Gallagher...

Now Swansea after Chelsea loanee Connor Gallagher...

...just been recalled from a successful loan at Charlton and likely to go out on loan again:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51106139

...Cooper trying to reunite U-17 World Cup winners, already has Brewster and Guehi from Liverpool and Chelsea.

Re: Now Swansea after Chelsea loanee Connor Gallagher...

The top PL clubs develop talent by loaning to the most progressive clubs in terms of coaching and style of play basing their decisions on metrics which support this.

Christ knows what our metrics look like but I do know we are completely directionless at board level with no-one remotely capable of a long-term vision to enable us to develop a modern team of talented footballers.

F*cking hell the top film in Swansea is surely The Borrowers. Clayton Moore should be their manager.

They’ve already got 5 loanees there

Is he the one that ripped us to bits?

who the feck is going to loan a player to us in this league to develop....and i'm not having a go at this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    They’ve already got 5 loanees there
    What are the rules these days? I’m pretty sure there are no limits on the number of loan players an EFL side can sign, but a maximum of 5 can be named in a match day squad. Do you know if that’s right?

I wasn't impressed by their Liverpool loanee Brewster, so I don't know whether I should be with this lad? I was genuinely worried that Brewster was going to run our defence ragged but they effectively kept him quiet.

Gallagher has been outstanding for Charlton so far. Looks a real talent IMO.

Whoops just made a new thread. Didn’t see this

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I wasn't impressed by their Liverpool loanee Brewster, so I don't know whether I should be with this lad? I was genuinely worried that Brewster was going to run our defence ragged but they effectively kept him quiet.
    Thought he was really good in our game vs Charlton.

Warnock. It was great for about 18 months. It's been shit for about the same. How long will it continue?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    What are the rules these days? I’m pretty sure there are no limits on the number of loan players an EFL side can sign, but a maximum of 5 can be named in a match day squad. Do you know if that’s right?
    No limits and max 5 in a squad. International loans now count as loans, whereas they previously counted as a permanent transfer which Watford exploited with Udinese.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Warnock. It was great for about 18 months. It's been shit for about the same. How long will it continue?
    Why not shoehorn a whine about Warnock in this thread? Seems appropriate.

Also, how did you expect last season to play out? He signed some rubbish, and all told his transfer record is appalling but we gave a good fist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    who the feck is going to loan a player to us in this league to develop....and i'm not having a go at this league.
    The Cwnty

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Also, how did you expect last season to play out? He signed some rubbish, and all told his transfer record is appalling but we gave a good fist of it.
    We did not. We allowed anyone half-decent (including Watford) to take the piss. We also missed out on several opportunities to take points from those around us. We did well against Southampton. But they're still in the EPL.

Who's whining now?

Very good player

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    We did not. We allowed anyone half-decent (including Watford) to take the piss. We also missed out on several opportunities to take points from those around us. We did well against Southampton. But they're still in the EPL.
    So does everyone else in the bottom half. We were within 1 win of staying up. What did you expect? Everyone else had much better players and much more quality but we knew that going in, we couldn't rip up the promotion team completely as that never works; look at Villa or Fulham. Pull your head out of your arse. You spent the entire 2018 calendar year purring over Fulham, who we finished ahead of two seasons running.

So does everyone else in the bottom half. We were within 1 win of staying up. What did you expect? Everyone else had much better players and much more quality but we knew that going in, we couldn't rip up the promotion team completely as that never works; look at Villa or Fulham. Pull your head out of your arse. You spent the entire 2018 calendar year purring over Fulham, who we finished ahead of two seasons running.
    That Connor Gallagher eh..ripped us a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    First game with them, first time ever out on loan, 19 years old, playing away at their biggest rivals. Give him time to settle and he might be a great signing

Played well 1st half against us. Hardly ripped us a new one.

That's what you get when you employ a manager with good connections.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Played well 1st half against us. Hardly ripped us a new one.
    Welcome to opinions.

I expected relegation. And that's what I got. What I wanted, was another couple of decent players brought in so that we could at leasy have a chance. Also, I did not "purr over Fulham".