Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
Am I missing something here?
Whilst I agree about the dreaded cashless society, today’s decision is stopping people using credit cards to gamble. That’s what we all want isn’t it?
It will help with compulsive gambling and stop people chasing their losses by instantly getting their hands on cash they havent got.

But, if people really want to gamble they will find a way, even through a credit card, it will just take a couple of days online to get the money from the credit card into your bank. Or draw cash out on a credit card to gamble in the shop, or deposit into your bank manually but then your talking hundreds rather than thousands in one go.

Also, when your chasing online its all about the moment "One more spin, one more bet and ill get my money back", if you have to wait 24 / 48 hours then its going to help massively id say. Gives you a period of reflection.

Either way, I dont think by banning credit cards is going to be the definitive answer, but it will certainly go a long way to helping some compulsive gamblers.

I just wish theyd banned them 5-10 years ago