Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
I get ‘borrow off a mate’, that the scenario has been around for centuries, the other things I have no clue about but they seem like the type of things that we’ve alluded to in this thread, they’re stealthily putting people in debt rather than the cash method that’s also been around for centuries, ‘when you’re spent up, go home, don’t put yourself in deeper water’, especially when you had a few pints and caution is thrown to the wind.........until you check your balance!!!! Perhaps you, again, haven’t paid enough attention to what’s been posted i.e. cash as opposed to other means of paying, which is getting folk into deep shite on card only gambling sites, card only takeaway services, using your card on evenings out etc.
I read your original post yes, and like I've said its not (for everyone) that straightforward.
It doesn't really matter what ones you know or don't, they are all opinions that make the temptation of spending your limit and leaving all that much harder.
Wasn't the original post about helping irresponsible not gamble? The ideal scenario you paint is lovely, but unfortunately there are too many irresponsible people out there who have too much temptation in front of them.

Also, you get borrowing off a mate as it's been around yonks.. but don't seem to see it as a problem like the other things I mentioned..they all put you in debt.