Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
I know who is selling this. And how it was acquired form the club. It's not the club who is selling this stuff, two well know people connected with City acquired this stuff back in the 1980s, they state they were given it by the club at the time. One of the chaps is no longer with us.
That is interesting so the club are not selling the family silver, they sold it in the 1980s. I am somewhat staggered that the club could have disposed of its history just like that. Other clubs value and preserve their history. I know Jimmy Scoular’s granddaughter who told me that the family had the great man’s football archive including such things as his 1955 FA Cup Winners Medal, thé shirt he wore in that final and also the ball from that game. As soon as Newcastle United were aware that his memorabilia was being disposed of they beat a path to her door to ensure they acquired it for their museum. That’s the sort of attitude the City should have. If it was disposed of in the 1980s then we can’t blame Vincent Tan for it but he could go a long way to right past wrongs by getting it back.