+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Little easy quiz for the night - given that we've scored 4 away from home

Little easy quiz for the night - given that we've scored 4 away from home

Tonight was the first time we've netted 4 away from home since our last 3rd round replay at mighty Mansfield. Thought here's the opportunity to have an easy quiz

1 - Since 2010, we've scored 4 away from home at the same ground twice. Which ground?

2 - In league and English cup matches only - what is the most we've scored away from home in one game? Opposition and score please

3 - What is our biggest away win margin in the league and English cup? Opposition and score again please.

4 - There have been 53 occasions when we've scored 4 away from home in the league and cup. How many of those have we not won?

5 - How many times have we scored more than 4 goals away from home in league and cup?

Re: Little easy quiz for the night - given that we've scored 4 away from home

1 - Elland Rd

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    1 - Elland Rd
    Of course.

In addition, the 3 sides we've scored 4 or more against away from home the most are Derby, Fulham and Charlton (3 times)

1) elland road
    2) Oldham 7-1?
    3) Oldham 7-1?
    4) Charlton 5-4 and Peterboro 4-4 off the top of my head so I’ll go with 2
    5) I’ll have a guess at 6

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    1) elland road
    2) Oldham 7-1?
    3) Oldham 7-1?
    4) Charlton 5-4 and Peterboro 4-4 off the top of my head so I’ll go with 2
    5) I’ll have a guess at 6
    1,2,3 correct, though there's also a joint winner of the 3rd question, one arguably more satisfying.
    4 - 2 is a start!
    5 - not a bad guess.

3) 6-0 at Bristol City in 2010 (I think it was 2010).

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    1,2,3 correct, though there's also a joint winner of the 3rd question, one arguably more satisfying.
    4 - 2 is a start!
    5 - not a bad guess.
    Haha was thinking about 6-0s for a little while as didn’t think 2 and 3 would just be the same answer and no idea how I didn’t remember the 6-0 you’re referring too!

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    3) 6-0 at Bristol City in 2010 (I think it was 2010).
    Probably our finest ever away win, and to think we declared on 6 after an hour.

No 4. - Drew 4-4 at Plymouth in 1985/86 also lost 6-4 at Rotherham in 65/66.

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    No 4. - Drew 4-4 at Plymouth in 1985/86 also lost 6-4 at Rotherham in 65/66.
    Yep. There's another 2. One in 1976 and we drew 4-4 at Bournemouth in 1936.

Drew 4-4 at Peterborough in 2009. Jesus time flies!

) We won 4-1 at Mansfield in 76/77 . David Giles scored on his first appearance of the season.

We drew 4-4 at Bournemouth in 1935/36 (had to look it up).

Although it doesn't fit the criteria above I think it's worth mentioning we won 4-1 at Man U in 1952/53 which was the great Duncan Edwards' first game and 4-0 at Liverpool in 1959/60. Big clubs?!

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Although it doesn't fit the criteria above I think it's worth mentioning we won 4-1 at Man U in 1952/53 which was the great Duncan Edwards' first game and 4-0 at Liverpool in 1959/60. Big clubs?!
    That was Shankley's 1st game in charge of Liverpool.

Neil O'Halloran scored 3 possibly 4.

[QUOTE=Forest Green Bluebird;5039157]That was Shankley's 1st game in charge of Liverpool.

Neil O'Halloran scored 3 possibly 4.[/QUOTE
    I think his hat trick was (perhaps) his debut against Charlton a few years before this Liverpool game.

[QUOTE=splott parker;5039163][QUOTE=Forest Green Bluebird;5039157]That was Shankley's 1st game in charge of Liverpool.

Neil O'Halloran scored 3 possibly 4.[/QUOTE
    I think his hat trick was (perhaps) his debut against Charlton a few years before this Liverpool game.[/QUOTE
    Just checked, it was Tapscott 2, Watkins & Bonson in that Liverpool game, O’Halloran had gone to Newport 2 years earlier.