+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: FT: BIRMINGHAM CITY 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: BIRMINGHAM CITY 1 - 1 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    No, he looked at one then kept playing the other.

Paterson ran past a free ball earlier and ran away without it. The Whyte ball acrisd the front of goal needed a striker to attack it.. etc etc.

As an ex striker himself you'd think Harris would understand confidence, unless he's tired and was only going to be an impact player later in today, but otherwise, leaving a striker in the bench and bringing on a jack of all good at none player..stinks.

That ref don't like Tomlin because he knows he ****ed up the decision, I liked that sarcastic clap off him 😂
    You'd think mate - but as I said, he literally preferred Madine for weeks upon weeks. And then without sarcasm he cancelled his contract - rather than sell him for a high 6 or low 7 figure fee.

Release him - for real. The lack of transfer activity in this market is scary. We have worse than zero ambition.

What about Jordan Rhodes? Like shite now - but going for peanuts. Pick him up

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Shhh View Post
    Is it more ludicrous than putting a right back up front. Pretty sure Whyte played up front for Oxford a few times too and knows where the net is.
    He's a Right midfielder. You mean Whyte yea? RB is peltier

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    Did they sing shagged or touched? I got money on this.
    It's definitely touched

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    It's definitely touched
    I'm wrong - listened to it again. It's shagged

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    hoilett useless tbh
    He doesn't half ponder on the ball at times

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    No penalty...Tomlin tried to buy it. Ralls should be on.
    You need to stop watching games pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    WOL..about Pack..."His range of passing still a big asset "....ummm.....are they watching the same player???
    They just missed out the words ‘backwards and sideways’

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    They just missed out the words ‘backwards and sideways’
    You can only pass where your team mates are. I know you like to bang this drum, but it's safer to keep the ball (sideways and back) if your team mates aren't making useful runs or making themselves available for the ball, so why risk passing it forward just for the sake of going forward when we may lose the ball because the pass isn't really on (but a few blokes on the internet will be happy you passed forward)

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You can only pass where your team mates are. I know you like to bang this drum, but it's safer to keep the ball (sideways and back) if your team mates aren't making useful runs or making themselves available for the ball, so why risk passing it forward just for the sake of going forward when we may lose the ball because the pass isn't really on (but a few blokes on the internet will be happy you passed forward)
    Er, because you might create a chance and score a goal. It is called pass and move and hardly revolutionary.

It really isn’t that hard to understand. Lots of team do it quite successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Er, because you might create a chance and score a goal. It is called pass and move and hardly revolutionary.

It really isn’t that hard to understand. Lots of team do it quite successfully.
    Read what I posted. Then come back with a cocky remark zzz

Well, from someone who was there, I'd say Hoillet and Bacuna did nothing all game long. We looked much livelier with Paterson on the pitch - he just seemed more up for it. Ralls gave us a bit more bite when he came on, and I'd say him and Pack will make a good pairing. Defence was okay (except for the stupid goal), midfield was pretty absent most of the time, and we desperately need someone who scares the sh*t out the opposition defenders. Oh, and we need to be able to pass to each other successfully on a regular basis.

Agree with post above, think we have found our best back 4, I know everyone slags Patterson off, but we are a much better team with him on the pitch, the fights, chases and wins headers, and we all know he can grab a goal or two.

Pack is a waste of space for me, does not help the back 4 out like Gunnarson used to, has no creativity or forward pass, and not particularly assured on the ball. we need a proper hard tackling defensive midfielder would be good and then give ralls and tomlin more freedom ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Agree with post above, think we have found our best back 4, I know everyone slags Patterson off, but we are a much better team with him on the pitch, the fights, chases and wins headers, and we all know he can grab a goal or two.

Pack is a waste of space for me, does not help the back 4 out like Gunnarson used to, has no creativity or forward pass, and not particularly assured on the ball. we need a proper hard tackling defensive midfielder would be good and then give ralls and tomlin more freedom ahead of them.
    In that we have found out Ashley Richards is garbage, and Peltier is the best RB we have to offer alongside the other three defenders today?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Well, from someone who was there, I'd say Hoillet and Bacuna did nothing all game long. We looked much livelier with Paterson on the pitch - he just seemed more up for it. Ralls gave us a bit more bite when he came on, and I'd say him and Pack will make a good pairing. Defence was okay (except for the stupid goal), midfield was pretty absent most of the time, and we desperately need someone who scares the sh*t out the opposition defenders. Oh, and we need to be able to pass to each other successfully on a regular basis.
    How can you compliment Pack and Ralls whilst saying that the midfield was pretty absent most of the time?

“ What do you put it down to? That's the Ł64million question," Harris said of the slow starts.

Is that a dig at how much(ish) Warnock doesn’t on this team?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    How can you compliment Pack and Ralls whilst saying that the midfield was pretty absent most of the time?
    Easy - Ralls was only on the pitch for six minutes.
    The rest of the time it was just Pack, trying to cover for both Bacuna and Hoilett, who were running round like headless chickens. I know a lot of people slate Pack, but I think a Pack/Ralls central pairing will look a whole lot better than the various combinations we've had over the last couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBluebird View Post
    He's a Right midfielder. You mean Whyte yea? RB is peltier
    Paterson was bought as a right back.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Easy - Ralls was only on the pitch for six minutes.
    The rest of the time it was just Pack, trying to cover for both Bacuna and Hoilett, who were running round like headless chickens. I know a lot of people slate Pack, but I think a Pack/Ralls central pairing will look a whole lot better than the various combinations we've had over the last couple of months.
    Yeah like He OnLy paSsES sIdeWayS and BacKwArDs.. forgetting some of the passes he's played forward have been brilliant..you can only pass where there is someone to pass to! Agree about the covering too and the Ralls partnership

i thought Pack was ok yesterday.Its bacuna and hoilett that i have a problem with along with bennett whyte and ward

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    i thought Pack was ok yesterday.Its bacuna and hoilett that i have a problem with along with bennett whyte and ward
    Once you're a target for the boo boys that's it, Pack could play a blinder and he's still get groans from sections of the fans.

Agreed, although I think Whyte played in some good balls yesterday.