+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heading Ban

Re: Heading Ban

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    there isn't now, less then 4% of corners result in a goal.
    That’s a surprising stat. Thought there would have been more 👍

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    That’s a surprising stat. Thought there would have been more ��
    There are different variables of what constitutes 'a goal from a corner' but its really low. Higher if you included 2nd and 3rd phase play, maybe up to 15%. I can't remember now but the piece I read had the break-away goal from a corner around 2%, but that could be wildly misquoted from my memory (in fact it all could!)

Was it Nat Lofthouse who reckoned Matthews could be so pinpoint with his crosses that the lace was facing the opposite side to Nat’s forehead.

another piece of cast iron evidence where kids should only play in door 5 a side or futsal . safer and much more fun for kids at that age

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    another piece of cast iron evidence where kids should only play in door 5 a side or futsal . safer and much more fun for kids at that age
    My daughter plays in a netball league in the House of Sport on a Thursday night. Bored with the netball I often go and watch whoever is playing on the indoor 3G at the front of the building. I watched one game, Under 13s? maybe, and the technical level was impressive. I didnt see one long ball played in the air, it was all pass to feet and move. Defenders bringing it out from the back and stepping into midfield.

I was always better at 5 a side than 11 a side as I was more about technique than getting stuck in. Watching those lads I regretted being born 30 years too early.

Closer to home we have Keith Pontin who sadly developed dementia recently.

John Hartson was on breakfast TV, fair play to the guy, he made some very good points, the WAG ( of some footballer ) as talking some shite though, John came across very well

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    John Hartson was on breakfast TV, fair play to the guy, he made some very good points, the WAG ( of some footballer ) as talking some shite though, John came across very well
    She came across as a complete air head.Not like Jeff Astle's family.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    My daughter plays in a netball league in the House of Sport on a Thursday night. Bored with the netball I often go and watch whoever is playing on the indoor 3G at the front of the building. I watched one game, Under 13s? maybe, and the technical level was impressive. I didnt see one long ball played in the air, it was all pass to feet and move. Defenders bringing it out from the back and stepping into midfield.

I was always better at 5 a side than 11 a side as I was more about technique than getting stuck in. Watching those lads I regretted being born 30 years too early.
    agree would love to have played futsal at that age but born in the wrong era -lol

don't usually read the guardian as there hate for Morrissey is too much for me but always read the sports section and they do alot to promote futsal and yet again they have done another article to promote the game

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-hurt-the-head

Another very good player from my youth a victim of a condition "most likely" brought on by head injuries and repeated heading of the ball.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...rative-disease