+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derby in trouble!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Derby in trouble!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51142719

A points deduction would be very nice, and a fine to go with the Rooney megabucks deal!

Snowgate.... hah!

Re: Derby in trouble!

"The Rams have leased back the ground, which was said to have been independently valued at £80m despite it being on the club's books as an asset worth £41m, from a company owned by Morris"

Cheating *****.

Was going to say it'd be nice to have their deduction while they were near the play offs.. but relegation will do

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    "The Rams have leased back the ground, which was said to have been independently valued at £80m despite it being on the club's books as an asset worth £41m, from a company owned by Morris"

Cheating *****.

Was going to say it'd be nice to have their deduction while they were near the play offs.. but relegation will do
    I don't think that the fact that the ground was in their books at £41m and then sold for for £80m is an issue. Many businesses have assets in their financial accounts at "under value" and there is nothing wrong with that.

The real issue is the valuation figure and on what basis this was undertaken. I think that "fair value" will be very difficult to disprove for beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder. I may believe that something is worth £10 and someone else might say £15 and buy it for that.

I think that Derby will get away with this particularly as they kept the EFL informed at all stages of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    I don't think that the fact that the ground was in their books at £41m and then sold for for £80m is an issue. Many businesses have assets in their financial accounts at "under value" and there is nothing wrong with that.

The real issue is the valuation figure and on what basis this was undertaken. I think that "fair value" will be very difficult to disprove for beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder. I may believe that something is worth £10 and someone else might say £15 and buy it for that.

I think that Derby will get away with this particularly as they kept the EFL informed at all stages of the process.
    A valuation of a company asset, especially property, is not ‘beauty in the eye of the beholder’ as you put it. It is a professional opinion, supposed to be carried out by a suitably qualified person, based on current market values and if challenged would have to be proved to be provided diligently, not a figure plucked out of thin air. The fact that the stadium was valued at £41m in the company accounts, means that was what it was actually worth, unless the valuer acted negligently for which he would be liable. Its the £80m that appears to be the contentious figure here - Morris was apparently selling the property to himself for a much inflated figure.

What a shame, it must be tough for them....and with all that snow to contend with.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    What a shame, it must be tough for them....and with all that snow to contend with.
    With all that money they can afford a snow plough and a gritter!

[QUOTE=jon1959;5039139]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51142719

A points deduction would be very nice, and a fine to go with the Rooney megabucks deal!

Snowgate.... hah! [/QUOT

Indeed and the irritating falseness of the Rooney story wanting to play back in the UK for Derby ,whilst wearing of the No 32 shirt number, only being a 'crafty' tie-in with club sponsor , I'm shocked football ignores the impact betting has on folk and its core support .

Steve Gibson Boro owner wasn’t happy that Derby seemed to be getting away with bending the financial rules and felt they should have had points deducted last season.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post

😂

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    ��
    I wouldn't normally take the trouble to go back in time but since my suggestion that I thought that Derby would get away with it caused you so much mirth, I wondered what your current reaction might be?

A 12 point deduction would leave them 23rd on 22 points

A 21 point deduction would leave them bottom of the league on 13 points and pretty much confirm relegation, not that I'd want that to happen...

FINALLY

Derby's failure to reach the Premier League despite spending a fortune then bending the rules, then putting the dodgy Rooney deal together, then sacking their long term injured captain while retaining the services of two players who were fit to play is one of the redeeming features of this season - I'd love to see them deducted points, but can't see it happening.

Derby might have got away with it, but the EFL is still after them for fiddling above and beyond the call of duty!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54062306

got away with the valuation of Pride Park now face the rapid depreciation of players i'm sure they will beat it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54076563

'Derby County say they will "vigorously resist" the English Football League's appeal against a decision to clear the Championship club of spending breaches.'

very well supported club considering its a small city

Far smaller than nearby Nottingham and Sheffield

I have a lot of time for Derby and some of the smaller clubs in that area like Chesterfield, Mansfield, Barnsley etc

As usual its Derbys loyal support that will get shafted after a big points deduction , if it happens

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    very well supported club considering its a small city

Far smaller than nearby Nottingham and Sheffield

I have a lot of time for Derby and some of the smaller clubs in that area like Chesterfield, Mansfield, Barnsley etc

As usual its Derbys loyal support that will get shafted after a big points deduction , if it happens
    Ah that's alright then! They've got good fans, we'll let them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Ah that's alright then! They've got good fans, we'll let them off.
    you are a troll , admit it

Derby County Football Club may be guilty of being naughty but instead of shoving those guilty in the clink , the team will be deducted points and probably be relegated

So it will be the fans who suffer

If Vincent tan was up to illegal activity do you think he should be punished or us lot by being relegated ?

I would want him to face the music myself

Derby County Football Club may be guilty of being naughty but instead of shoving those guilty in the clink , the team will be deducted points and probably be relegated

If Vincent tan was up to illegal activity do you think he should be punished or us lot by being relegated ?

Not sure calling someone who challenges your continued verbiage about 'proper' and 'loyal' fanbases a troll is fair. It's hard not to challenge your posts, seeing as yours are taking up 99% of the board at the moment, and a lot of it is open to debate and some of it borders on the fanatic.

You are right, the owners should be punished, but that's not how things do or will ever work and you know it, so posting about how hard done by they will be is completely redundant. If they are that hardcore and impressive i'm sure they'll stick about, otherwise you can point and call them all part timers if they don't fancy watching Derby in league one or two.

So if a goalie is sent off, he shouldn't be suspended for the next game as it will punish the fans because the team is weaker?

In fact, maybe we shouldn't punish fans at all by sending any players off.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So if a goalie is sent off, he shouldn't be suspended for the next game as it will punish the fans because the team is weaker?

In fact, maybe we shouldn't punish fans at all by sending any players off.
    we should do away with giving points to teams at all so no one finishes higher or lower than anyone else. That way, fans can't be disappointed if their teams are relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    we should do away with giving points to teams at all so no one finishes higher or lower than anyone else. That way, fans can't be disappointed if their teams are relegated.
    I am absolutely against this suggestion. It's not fair for those lower in the alphabet. Why should fans be punished just because they live in a town beginning with W rather than B?

Maybe all clubs should be given an emoji instead of a name so that there isn't a way to put them in an order which might be upsetting.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I am absolutely against this suggestion. It's not fair for those lower in the alphabet. Why should fans be punished just because they live in a town beginning with W rather than B?

Maybe all clubs should be given an emoji instead of a name so that there isn't a way to put them in an order which might be upsetting.
    I think you might be on to something here

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    Maybe we should just award points based on how good the fans are?

Teams with good local labour supporting lads +3 points