+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derby in trouble!

Re: Derby in trouble!

Does anyone have an idea about the EFL's track record on appeals against independent disciplinary tribunals?

My reading of the Derby case (the two main elements that led to charges) is that they were very lucky to be cleared.

But it feels as if the EFL are probably just going through the motions with an appeal. Who hears the appeal?

Derby have been taking the piss for years. Although this year they will have money in the bank from selling their best young talent to Sheffield United.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    So if a goalie is sent off, he shouldn't be suspended for the next game as it will punish the fans because the team is weaker?

In fact, maybe we shouldn't punish fans at all by sending any players off.
    Big difference between gross financial mismanagement and a goalkeeper getting sent off

Paying wages that the club cannot afford ?

Guess who has been guilty of that ?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Not sure calling someone who challenges your continued verbiage about 'proper' and 'loyal' fanbases a troll is fair. It's hard not to challenge your posts, seeing as yours are taking up 99% of the board at the moment, and a lot of it is open to debate and some of it borders on the fanatic.

You are right, the owners should be punished, but that's not how things do or will ever work and you know it, so posting about how hard done by they will be is completely redundant. If they are that hardcore and impressive i'm sure they'll stick about, otherwise you can point and call them all part timers if they don't fancy watching Derby in league one or two.
    Well its about time the owners were punished

Because we now have the absurd situation of fans of clubs being punished and fans of other clubs relishing in possible points deduction so that's one less relegation place to worry about

For many years under hammam and Ridsdale we were paying wages that were above our turnover

It may have been us in the Dock

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Well its about time the owners were punished

Because we now have the absurd situation of fans of clubs being punished and fans of other clubs relishing in possible points deduction so that's one less relegation place to worry about

For many years under hammam and Ridsdale we were paying wages that were above our turnover

It may have been us in the Dock
    What about the fans of other clubs who missed out on promotion because of another club's financial cheating? They're getting punished, and moreso.

The only effective way to stop clubs cheating is by punishing them in the league. Everything else is just collateral damage.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    I don't think that the fact that the ground was in their books at £41m and then sold for for £80m is an issue. Many businesses have assets in their financial accounts at "under value" and there is nothing wrong with that.

The real issue is the valuation figure and on what basis this was undertaken. I think that "fair value" will be very difficult to disprove for beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder. I may believe that something is worth £10 and someone else might say £15 and buy it for that.

I think that Derby will get away with this particularly as they kept the EFL informed at all stages of the process.
    A valuation of a company asset, especially property, is not ‘beauty in the eye of the beholder’ as you put it. It is a professional opinion, supposed to be carried out by a suitably qualified person, based on current market values and if challenged would have to be proved to be provided diligently, not a figure plucked out of thin air. The fact that the stadium was valued at £41m in the company accounts, means that was what it was actually worth, unless the valuer acted negligently for which he would be liable. Its the £80m that appears to be the contentious figure here - Morris was apparently selling the property to himself for a much inflated figure.