It’s amazing how the thoughts of an OP can become twisted by others as a thread progresses. Also it is noticeable that people who reply often ignore certain posts by the OP because they do not fit with their ideology.

The title of this thread is: Hounding of Meghan Markel by British tabloid press is racist apparently.

Let us recap:
There was a lady in the QT audience last night who made the statement to this effect, not me. It turns out she is a university lecturer and a race and ethnicity researcher according to the BBC news website. This was her opinion, which obviously differed from the actor guy on the panel.

What no-one has mentioned yet in this thread is that there was a black lady in the audience and she said in her opinion, the treatment of Meghan Markel was not racist.
Is this a classic case of someone being offended on behalf of someone else?

Let me repeat my statements:

Whatever my feelings about Meghan Markel are, they have nothing whatsoever to do with her colour. So if I make only positive comments about her that's fine? But if I criticise her for anything then it must be because she is of mixed race?
This thread is specifically about Meghan Markel not people of colour in general. So compared to her, am I privileged, yes or no?
I have no opinion one way or the other about Harry and Meghan. I have no problem with whatever colour she is. All we can do as outsiders is simply look at her character and behaviour. If I say Meghan is behaving like a petulant teenager, is that ok or is that racist then? If I say good luck to her, let her make her own life with Harry, is that ok or is that racist?