+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hounding of Meghan Markel by British tabloid press is racist apparently

Re: Hounding of Meghan Markel by British tabloid press is racist apparently

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yeah, or course you do.

Well known because it says so in the media. So its ok for you to believe what you read but not others when its something that you dont believe? Thats just typical of you.

The media is awash with goodies and baddies regardless of skin colour. Katie Price gets loads of abuse and shes white. Plenty of white "celebs" get abuse / love depending whos in favour / out of favour.
    I do, seriously. Shagged her after a party they were at about 8 years ago.

How many of them get on the front page? It's exactly the same as sterling, the media knows that anyone who's not British and not white generates a lot more outrage amongst readers. It's not out and out racism but people have a subconcious bias to people who are different and the media play with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I do, seriously. Shagged her after a party they were at about 8 years ago.

How many of them get on the front page? It's exactly the same as sterling, the media knows that anyone who's not British and not white generates a lot more outrage amongst readers. It's not out and out racism but people have a subconcious bias to people who are different and the media play with this.
    Did she tell you that?

Its easy to use that as an excuse when the target isnt white / British but theres plenty of white examples. Paul Gascoigne is white and he suffered far, far worse than Sterling ever has. He finished playing 15+ years ago and they still wont leave him alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Did anyone watch Question Time last night? I wonder is anyone else getting tired of hearing people using the race card when they disagree with someone. Here is the clip from last night:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-511...sh-over-meghan

Like the actor guy,
    I am a white male although I would not classify myself as particularly priviliged
    other than being so grateful for good health in my advanced years! Whatever my feelings about Meghan Markel are, they have nothing whatsoever to do with her colour. I guess if I make only positive comments about her that's fine, but if I criticise her for anything then it must be because she is of mixed race. PC gone mad again.
    You are more privileged than black folk in all areas of health, employment, police harassment, life expectancy, education, prison, crime and all round living standards in the UK. You are in comparison privileged.

Did she tell you that?

Its easy to use that as an excuse when the target isnt white / British but theres plenty of white examples. Paul Gascoigne is white and he suffered far, far worse than Sterling ever has. He finished playing 15+ years ago and they still wont leave him alone.
    Working class people who are above their station are also loved by the media for stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    You are more privileged than black folk in all areas of health, employment, police harassment, life expectancy, education, prison, crime and all round living standards in the UK. You are in comparison privileged.
    Yep a white person with the exact same qualifications as a black person is still two thirds more likely to get a job in the uk.

Its all manufactured to take the heat off Prince Noncealot.

Harry and Meghan are just taking one for the team.

Its all manufactured to take the heat off Prince Noncealot.

Harry and Meghan are just taking one for the team.
    I think that’s why this whole “leaving” has come about.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think that’s why this whole “leaving” has come about.
    I was saying it tongue in cheek, but it wouldnt surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Didn't you read his post? He doesn't classify himself as privileged so all those facts you mentioned that he has no knowledge of because he's not from that racial group, are irrelevant. Also he said it's PC gone mad, which automatically wins him the argument and doesn't make him sounds like a parrot repeating a tired, meaningless, frothing at the mouth old line at all

Heisenberg

I wonder is anyone else getting tired of hearing people using the race card when they disagree with someone.
    I'm getting tired of hearing people using the "is anyone else getting tired of hearing people using the race card when they disagree with someone" card.

Did anyone watch Question Time last night? I wonder is anyone else getting tired of hearing people using the race card when they disagree with someone. Here is the clip from last night:

Like the actor guy, I am a white male although I would not classify myself as particularly priviliged other than being so grateful for good health in my advanced years! Whatever my feelings about Meghan Markel are, they have nothing whatsoever to do with her colour. I guess if I make only positive comments about her that's fine, but if I criticise her for anything then it must be because she is of mixed race. PC gone mad again.
    Just because you don't think are particularly privileged doesn't mean you haven't benefitted from white privilege. YOu don't have to be rich or racist to have advantages from it. FOr example, you are always surrounded by people who look just like you. You see yourself represented fairly in the media, TV, films, cartoons etc. You've probably never been turned down for a job just because of your name. It's easy to find toys, dolls, clothes etc that match your skin color. You've never been racially abused or had your ethnicity questioned. You also have the ability to dismiss racism as a non-factor.

Why not? As Lardy said its a lot do with personality. Besides, to look at Meghan you couldn't even tell she has black heritage.
    Yet it still gets an awful lot of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Yet it still gets an awful lot of attention.
    Mainly from people playing the race card.

Just because you don't think are particularly privileged doesn't mean you haven't benefitted from white privilege. YOu don't have to be rich or racist to have advantages from it. FOr example, you are always surrounded by people who look just like you. You see yourself represented fairly in the media, TV, films, cartoons etc. You've probably never been turned down for a job just because of your name. It's easy to find toys, dolls, clothes etc that match your skin color. You've never been racially abused or had your ethnicity questioned. You also have the ability to dismiss racism as a non-factor.
    Its not 1955 FFS. You can get transgender dolls these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm getting tired of hearing people using the "is anyone else getting tired of hearing people using the race card when they disagree with someone" card.
    They are generally just daft old racists

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    They are generally just daft old racists
    Perhaps it’s not all down to racism but it is a hugely significant factor with the right wing press and their vile readers.

Like the actor guy, I am a white male although I would not classify myself as particularly priviliged other than being so grateful for good health in my advanced years! Whatever my feelings about Meghan Markel are, they have nothing whatsoever to do with her colour. I guess if I make only positive comments about her that's fine, but if I criticise her for anything then it must be because she is of mixed race. PC gone mad again.
    That actor is a posh privileged white boy who doesn't even allow the mixed race woman to finish her question

He hasn't suffered racism from the police , media , jobs market etc that black and mixed race people have and for him to say , as a white man , that britain is one of the least racist and most welcoming countries in europe is laughable along with the white people clapping him in the audience ......how the feck would he and they know about racism or wether britain is welcoming ? It doesn't affect them for christ sake

As for pritti patel , the ultimate uncle tom , happy that her parents have made the uk their home and shes done ok , but now wants to shut the borders

Stupid tart

The main reason people dismiss racism as a non factor is the fact they are white and rarely are on the receiving end of it

Cringeworthy stuff

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The main reason people dismiss racism as a non factor is the fact they are white and rarely are on the receiving end of it

Cringeworthy stuff
    Unless they are fat or ginger, or plug ugly, or have a deformity. Then they are ridiculed in their own way.
    Is there anyone your not offended on behalf of?
    Has it come to the point where a white person living in the UK has got to be embarrassed and apologetic for just being who they are, and can’t be seen to have opinions on certain topics.?

Its not 1955 FFS. You can get transgender dolls these days.
    So no white privilege?

So no white privilege?
    Know him personally do you? How do you know what life hes had regardless of skin colour?

Know him personally do you? How do you know what life hes had regardless of skin colour?
    I know that if he's white, it's likely none of the things I mentioned have happened to him.

Before we get started, please just answer one question: Are you denying that there is such a thing as white privilege?

I know that if he's white, it's likely none of the things I mentioned have happened to him.

Before we get started, please just answer one question: Are you denying that there is such a thing as white privilege?
    The latest “Buzz” term.

"Before we get started" Its not Question Time ffs!!!!

You mention about TV, films, toys.etc its 2020. Ethnic minorities are well represented.

As for clothes to match the colour of their skin? WTF does that even mean?!?!?

Do people really think there is no prejudice in society and someone who isn't white doesn't have a lot more issues for an "equivalent" person who is white?