+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reading Away FA Cup

Re: Reading Away FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Are there other, unofficial car parks near the stadium worth considering if not doing the park and ride?
    You could try the old Greyhound Stadium RG2 6GP which will cost you a tenner. It’s just off Bennett Road Roundabout.

Okay thanks

Anyone know how this one is selling?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Anyone know how this one is selling?
    Only about 100 tickets showing on the website as still available - if correct, means about 3400 sold.

What is the best way to get tickets for non members? I want to come to the match but live in the Midlands and dont have membership[/QUOTE]

I got mine off the Reading website and it’s print at home. Only bummer is sat with home fans so will have to keep quiet. No restriction on numbers either and cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    I got mine off the Reading website and it’s print at home. Only bummer is sat with home fans so will have to keep quiet. No restriction on numbers either and cheaper.
    The ticket prices are the same for home or away fans, whether you get them from Reading or Cardiff !

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Only about 100 tickets showing on the website as still available - if correct, means about 3400 sold.
    Just over 2,000 sold last night according to Vince Alm. And he knows.

The ticket prices are the same for home or away fans, whether you get them from Reading or Cardiff !
    What has this got to do with what he said? He bought one in the home end because he doesn't have membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What has this got to do with what he said? He bought one in the home end because he doesn't have membership.
    If you actually read his post you would see that he also said that he had got them cheaper from Reading than he would have done off Cardiff !! The ticket prices are exactly the same whoever you get them from.

If you actually read his post you would see that he also said that he had got them cheaper from Reading than he would have done off Cardiff !! The ticket prices are exactly the same whoever you get them from.
    My mistake, I assume because you save in the booking fee if you print at home.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    What's the parking like near the stadium?
    I did "park your car" last game . pulled up to where I had paid for and decided I wasnt leaving my car there. It didnt look a particularly salubrious area.
    I drove down the road 5 minutes and parked somewhere that was little safer looking . It was only 5 minute walk to the stadium .

Are there any food places to sit in to eat or fish n chip shops by the stadium?

Other than the food stalls the nearest options are about a 20 minute walk away. There is the Deep Blue fish and chip shop near Lidl on the Basingstoke Rd to the south of the ground. There is also a Holiday Inn there where you can get food and drink. The World Turned Upside Down Pub is the nearest NE of the stadium which also does food. The Victoria Cross pub further back towards Reading is the next nearest but a 25 min walk.

In fairness there are now a good number of food stalls around the ground offering a lot more than your standard burger and chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    In fairness there are now a good number of food stalls around the ground offering a lot more than your standard burger and chips.
    Like what? Taking the kids with me so just looking for anything like fish n chips , pizzas etc

Like what? Taking the kids with me so just looking for anything like fish n chips , pizzas etc
    Loaded chips with different toppings, chicken wings, hot dog stand with foot long sausages, alternative burger company, veggie and vegan, steak wraps and chicken burgers, Korean chile chicken etc etc. It’s a bit better than those burger bars at the CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    My mistake, I assume because you save in the booking fee if you print at home.
    correct there was no booking fee and I got them immediately