+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reading Away FA Cup

Reading Away FA Cup

Granted it's short notice, the prices are really good for this game, and we've taken the full 15% allocation, hopefully we can take a big following.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...s-cardiff-city

Re: Reading Away FA Cup

Brilliant prices

3500 City. Should be a decent crowd. Might be on the telly.

Fair play to them Royals on the prices. The way it should be bringing the game back to the fans.

I just hope they don't change the time for the telly, always liked the Reading trips.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Fair play to them Royals on the prices. The way it should be bringing the game back to the fans.

I just hope they don't change the time for the telly, always liked the Reading trips.
    It's fixed at 3pm next Saturday. ko won't change

Our pricing structure is superb. Would expect both teams to put out reserve teams. Of the 18 man squad that knocked out Blackpool 13 were from our Academy. Both teams then play twice including against each other in the six days after this game.

I like reading

We used to behave appallingly down there in the past

Tempted to take my boy to his first away at those prices. How easy is it to get to the ground from the train station?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Tempted to take my boy to his first away at those prices. How easy is it to get to the ground from the train station?
    Shuttle bus

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Shuttle bus
    Fab. Think I'll be on the blower Monday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I like reading

We used to behave appallingly down there in the past
    And no one did anything about it. When they played at Elm Park, I can't remember the coppers ever taking any sort of preventative measures. They never had any clue how many were bringing or how we were getting there. There would be a lame response after it had already started kicking off and at least one pub had been done over. What were they thinking?

What's the parking like near the stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    And no one did anything about it. When they played at Elm Park, I can't remember the coppers ever taking any sort of preventative measures. They never had any clue how many were bringing or how we were getting there. There would be a lame response after it had already started kicking off and at least one pub had been done over. What were they thinking?
    Bedlam mate , the fa cup game at helm park was a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    If you are going Eastbound on the M4 towards Reading I would recommend Mereoak Park and Ride which takes five minutes to get to off the motorway. Just head for Basingstoke off the motorway for a mile or so. It means you avoid the traffic and get back onto the motorway after the game very quickly. If you use this the car park is free and you just pay for the bus to and from the ground. If you are travelling on your own just ask the bus driver for a return ticket to the Madejski. It will cost you £4.50. If you are coming with friends or family just ask for a family return to the Madejski and it costs a fiver which is pretty good.
    It takes around15 minutes for the bus to get from the car park to the stadium

The only downside is there will be queues to get the bus back after the game of around twenty minutes. I use the service every other week and can’t fault it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    If you are going Eastbound on the M4 towards Reading I would recommend Mereoak Park and Ride which takes five minutes to get to off the motorway. Just head for Basingstoke off the motorway for a mile or so. It means you avoid the traffic and get back onto the motorway after the game very quickly. If you use this the car park is free and you just pay for the bus to and from the ground. If you are travelling on your own just ask the bus driver for a return ticket to the Madejski. It will cost you £4.50. If you are coming with friends or family just ask for a family return to the Madejski and it costs a fiver which is pretty good.
    It takes around15 minutes for the bus to get from the car park to the stadium

The only downside is there will be queues to get the bus back after the game of around twenty minutes. I use the service every other week and can’t fault it.
    If you get out quick at the final whistle you can get straight on the Mereoak shuttle bus. Some people walk it back...so long as you know the route.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Fab. Think I'll be on the blower Monday morning.
    F1 shuttle bus from outside the train station or Mereoak park and ride by the M4 if coming by car. The latter is best for a quick getaway.

Mereoak park and ride is your best bet and cheaper than parking near the stadium. Easy access from/to the M4.

More expensive than the ticket (honest)

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Granted it's short notice, the prices are really good for this game, and we've taken the full 15% allocation, hopefully we can take a big following.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...s-cardiff-city
    Fair play.

I can’t go but my boys are thinking about it at those prices.

Well done 👍

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    If you get out quick at the final whistle you can get straight on the Mereoak shuttle bus. Some people walk it back...so long as you know the route.
    I walked it back a couple of years ago and got back after the bus but yep if you leave before the final whistle you can avoid the queues and get on the shuttle bus quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    More expensive than the ticket (honest)

Parking at the stadium was £15 a couple of years ago. I think it’s now £10 if you book in advance. I just use Mereoak park and ride as it’s so easy to access from the M4.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Mereoak park and ride is your best bet and cheaper than parking near the stadium. Easy access from/to the M4.

Yep. It takes the stress out of having to drive in match day traffic. It’s very easy to use.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...s-cardiff-city[/QUOTE]

What is the best way to get tickets for non members? I want to come to the match but live in the Midlands and dont have membership

What is the best way to get tickets for non members? I want to come to the match but live in the Midlands and dont have membership[/QUOTE]

One of the bus operators may be able to sort you out

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I walked it back a couple of years ago and got back after the bus but yep if you leave before the final whistle you can avoid the queues and get on the shuttle bus quickly
    Are there other, unofficial car parks near the stadium worth considering if not doing the park and ride?