+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Painkiller addiction programme on beeb two last night

Painkiller addiction programme on beeb two last night

Christ that brought back come memories

A few years ago I had a wrist injury ......dont ask .....and went to my gp for some pain relief

He gave me 2 weeks supply of co codomol 30 ........which is basically a mixture of paracetamol and codeine

I was totally off my face

Stopped cold turkey after 2 weeks ......that's 8 tablets a day and was having flashbacks , night sweating , panic attacks , vomiting , horrible withdrawal reaction

Apparently loads of people are on the stuff and when the doctors say no more people just go from pharmacy to pharmacy getting supplies of the weaker stuff to top up

In America opioid addiction is out of control

Re: Painkiller addiction programme on beeb two last night

My mum was on fentanyl after a major operation. She was hallucinating and thought the nurses were stealing her money she even rang the police on her mobile it was so bad my sister stayed with her for 3 nights to stop her trying to get out of the window on the 4 th floor. This lasted for days they didn't give any prior warnings we'd thought she'd lost he marbles. She told me she had seen death and didn't want to go.
    Bloody scary I can tell you. She now has absolutely any recollections of the events

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    My mum was on fentanyl after a major operation. She was hallucinating and thought the nurses were stealing her money she even rang the police on her mobile it was so bad my sister stayed with her for 3 nights to stop her trying to get out of the window on the 4 th floor. This lasted for days they didn't give any prior warnings we'd thought she'd lost he marbles. She told me she had seen death and didn't want to go.
    Bloody scary I can tell you. She now has absolutely any recollections of the events
    Those are the patches

Elastoplast heroin

She was having it intravenously

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    She was having it intravenously
    I had an OP a few years ago , it's the second time I have been put under , it's a lovely feeling , no wonder people get hooked on heavy drugs

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Christ that brought back come memories

A few years ago I had a wrist injury ......dont ask .....and went to my gp for some pain relief

He gave me 2 weeks supply of co codomol 30 ........which is basically a mixture of paracetamol and codeine

I was totally off my face

Stopped cold turkey after 2 weeks ......that's 8 tablets a day and was having flashbacks , night sweating , panic attacks , vomiting , horrible withdrawal reaction

Apparently loads of people are on the stuff and when the doctors say no more people just go from pharmacy to pharmacy getting supplies of the weaker stuff to top up

In America opioid addiction is out of control
    My mum gets co co 30mls, she doesn’t even need them and can make you constipated so she often gives them to me. My wife loves them, don’t seem to work that well on me though. Think I overdid it between 1992 and 2002 and now nothing works.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    My mum gets co co 30mls, she doesn’t even need them and can make you constipated so she often gives them to me. My wife loves them, don’t seem to work that well on me though. Think I overdid it between 1992 and 2002 and now nothing works.
    I know what you mean

I'm on co-codamol 30, have been for about 10 years. They don't do anything, I just think they're giving me placebos.

A doctor said the other day that people in pain should do a good dead - the good felling you get negates the need for painkillers!!! Load of b*ll*cks - f*ck*ng GP's are useless.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_corneli View Post
    I'm on co-codamol 30, have been for about 10 years. They don't do anything, I just think they're giving me placebos.

A doctor said the other day that people in pain should do a good deed - the good felling you get negates the need for painkillers!!! Load of b*ll*cks - f*ck*ng GP's are useless.
    Couldn't edit my post - bit of a typo.