+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So it's another game 'selected for international broadcast' that most ex-pats won't get to see....

So it's another game 'selected for international broadcast' that most ex-pats won't get to see....

...does anyone have either a record of the number of games that have NOT been broadcast live by Cardiff City TV and/ or the terms and conditions we signed up to.

I recall there being small print about some games that would not be available but it certainly wasn't spelled out that many games would not be shown except to a list of countries from which the club must receive tuppence ha'penny in revenues. See the list of countries here: https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-live-coverage

And who, please, selects which games will be broadcast internationally? It must be a City fan in Kiribati, the Marshall Islands or somewhere else just as obscure!

One thing's for sure, the club have pulled a fast one asking for GBP125 for a season pass for this scam.

Re: So it's another game 'selected for international broadcast' that most ex-pats won't get to see....

How much is an IPTV service compared to the cost of this?

Re: So it's another game 'selected for international broadcast' that most ex-pats won't get to see....

Here's the terms and conditions referred to in the previous post: https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/site...ty%20TV%20.pdf

I guess para 2.3 governs what is offered but it's hardly representative, for the customer, what exactly he is buying. And don't forget it isn't just the 'games selected for international broadcast' that cannot be accessed with Club TV, it's also those selected for live broadcast by SKY. So I reckon at least 50% of CCFC games so far this season haven't been available under this package.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How much is an IPTV service compared to the cost of this?
    Excuse my ignorance but what's an IPTV service, Warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but what's an IPTV service, Warrior?
    It is a cheap way to get all channels/ppv events/3pm kick offs.

Quite straightforward to get with a firestick/android box.

I know you live abroad do you may be better off with a service from there rather than one aimed at people in the UK, but we also get US and Canadian sports on ours.

Not missed a city game all season with it. Paid 40 quid. Lasts a year, and you get your value if you don't even use the TV service (I don't use it to watch live TV apart from sky sports/BT games)

Here in Singapore, all league games that are not on Cardiff City TV are shown on normal TV. I thought that was the case everywhere. Providing you subscribe to whichever provider has the EPL rights (here it's Starhub). I did miss 15 mins of a game once because the badminton overran.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    ...does anyone have either a record of the number of games that have NOT been broadcast live by Cardiff City TV and/ or the terms and conditions we signed up to.

I recall there being small print about some games that would not be available but it certainly wasn't spelled out that many games would not be shown except to a list of countries from which the club must receive tuppence ha'penny in revenues. See the list of countries here: https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-live-coverage

And who, please, selects which games will be broadcast internationally? It must be a City fan in Kiribati, the Marshall Islands or somewhere else just as obscure!

One thing's for sure, the club have pulled a fast one asking for GBP125 for a season pass for this scam.
    It’s on ESPN+ in the morning.
    I didn’t bother with the season pass for Cardiff City TV, just pay per game which is $5 or £5.

Thanks Guys, I'm on to it

I have paid £140 for the past few seasons for club TV....originally I think it was just the games on SKY and cup games that were not broadcast - and one or two clubs that had not signed up to EFL. Now, at least 50% is not shown BUT can usually be viewed somewhere around the world on free streaming. When not, it is more economical to just pay the matchday cost .

As for today...just set your VPN for the Netherlands and you CAN still watch via Club TV.

ex pats