+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Anyone Tell Me What Harris Is Doing?

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me What Harris Is Doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I was wondering that.

Did the conditions change dramatically during the course of the game or did he mean ‘situation’? ��*♂️
    I think that he means his own situation and his own ambitions and philosophy. We got the goal from a set piece so that's ok. We need to start being more creative at the right times in order to create chances from open play. As you can tell i've had a **** full of crap football and managers who have no inclination to try and change our style, even with the players we have-Perish the thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    The conditions? Was it windy or was the pitch boggy? I could understand this statement if it was 15-20 years ago, most pitches are fantastic now. He could get the players playing quicker in my opinion, it's down to him that players aren't allowed to carry the ball from midfield or allow the opposition to worry about them rather than the other way round. He's very conservative, another manager who believes in playing in the final third, although sometimes we do try and play for small parts of the game and the movement isn't there. He obviously thinks that the players aren't up to it, i disagree, i think that he could try and implement a more progressive style. He just isn't about that.
    I was wondering that.

Did the conditions change dramatically during the course of the game or did he mean ‘situation’? 🤷*♂️

""I said, 'Boys, we're a little bit caught in between what we're doing. We've got some fantastic footballers in the team, but we've got players who can play direct, and have been successful playing that way over a period of time, so we are going to go direct.'
    I was prepared to give Harris time...but what the hell is this nonsense?? Why does he not just come out and say we were f**cking awful I will get rid of most of these??

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    ""I said, 'Boys, we're a little bit caught in between what we're doing. We've got some fantastic footballers in the team, but we've got players who can play direct, and have been successful playing that way over a period of time, so we are going to go direct.'
    I was prepared to give Harris time...but what the hell is this nonsense?? Why does he not just come out and say we were f**cking awful I will get rid of most of these??
    That statement is bullshit. The players are caught between what they're doing because he's not implementing it hard enough. That statement is more about him than the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    And lose the dressing room. Yeah great idea.

I think that we could start by rolling the ball into midfield occasionally and trying to build quickly, it doesn't have to be a polar transition, i think that the players we have could cope with that from time to time. The biggest problem we have is options for players who are on the ball, there aren't any. Harris has to be brave on occasion and allow players a bit of freedom to create space in order to play through the lines. He doesn't want to know, and i can't see that changind even when he has had a couple of windows. I don't think he's up to it, time will tell, but if he was looking at a different style and approach then he'd be experimenting with it now a little.

The way we talk sometimes is like the players we have don't possess enough ability to hold onto the ball, Harris is pushing that line in order to suit his own footballing beliefs in my opinion.
    He’s got Tomlin in the hole and I think Harris wants to play through him but unfortunately behind him we just haven’t got the players to play passes quickly and accurately between the lines. That’s not Harris fault. He’s not a miracle worker. He can’t make Pack quicker, he can’t make Bacuna get the ball out of his feet any quicker. Players have to take responsibility as well.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s got Tomlin in the hole and I think Harris wants to play through him but unfortunately behind him we just haven’t got the players to play passes quickly and accurately between the lines. That’s not Harris fault. He’s not a miracle worker. He can’t make Pack quicker, he can’t make Bacuna get the ball out of his feet any quicker. Players have to take responsibility as well.
    Players do have to take responsibility for their performance and decision making. I can't believe that we have a midfield that can't keep possession or move the ball quicker at times, they must've played that way at some point in their careers. I agree with you about the limitations, but i also believe that Harris is hiding behind them and using it in a way to suit his own footballing style. I suppose we'll have to disagree. It'll be interesting to see if anything changes when he does have the chance to bring in his own players.

Players do have to take responsibility for their performance and decision making. I can't believe that we have a midfield that can't keep possession or move the ball quicker at times, they must've played that way at some point in their careers. I agree with you about the limitations, but i also believe that Harris is hiding behind them and using it in a way to suit his own footballing style. I suppose we'll have to disagree. It'll be interesting to see if anything changes when he does have the chance to bring in his own players.
    As far as I can see he’s tried it and it’s just not happening. It’s been evident in some games we are trying to play through midfield, he wants Tomlin on the ball more, but we just cannot do it quick enough. Unfortunately, as he seems to have admitted today, we have players who are better going direct and that’s why we’ve seen Paterson brought back into the fray last couple of games.

I’m as frustrated as anyone but also realistic enough to know the limitations of this team. Warnock has built this squad in his mould and it’s not going to be a quick fix, no matter how much we are desperate for it to be,

I think it's pretty clear that, compared with how we set up under Warnock earlier in the season, Harris is trying to get us to play more possession football with the fullbacks higher up the pitch. The problem is that most of our players aren't comfortable enough on the ball to play this way and the lack of pace in midfield and central defence leaves us vulnerable to the counterattack. We're hugely reliant on Tomlin to create and score goals.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that, compared with how we set up under Warnock earlier in the season, Harris is trying to get us to play more possession football with the fullbacks higher up the pitch. The problem is that most of our players aren't comfortable enough on the ball to play this way and the lack of pace in midfield and central defence leaves us vulnerable to the counterattack. We're hugely reliant on Tomlin to create and score goals.
    Absolutely spot on

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm just hoping that with a preseason he can have them playing to a recognizable style
    Keep dreaming! in two years time we'll all realise we've wasted two years, meanwhile we'll all be two years older. A cheapskate appointment that gives the owners all they deserve.