Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
Is that on a contract hire Nick?
The residuals on electric cars are high at the moment , that will change as they become more main stream.

We are starting to see electric cars become available to the hire market . That will force residuals down.

Funnily enough, just had a mailshot on the Audi etron . Was thinking maybe change my C63 for one . Maybe next year ..
Yeah but through company car scheme - I get a deduction from taxable pay for hte lease cost, but the BiK is currently nil. It goes up to 1% next year, and 2% after that.

There is a "latest news" section in our company car scheme website where they announce new cars. Of the last 10: 8 have been EVs; the other 2 have been PEHVs.

There are some amazing cars out there and on the way. I actually think the etron is overpriced for what it is now, but it's a bit like buying a computer: something far better is always on the way, and if you wait for the best deal you will never jump on in the first place. At the top end the Lucid Air looks incredible, and the Porsche Taycan has supercar performance for a fraction of the normal price. The BMW iX3 is orderable now and is considerably cheaper than the etron and the BMW iX looks fantastic. But it is the more mainstream cars that I think will change it. I'd almost rather have the Skoda Enyaq than the etron but they won't be available until the summer and the Hyundai ioniq 5 looks amazing, and they are going to comparable in price to normal ICE cars. I think the switchover is going to come very quickly now that ranges are generally well over 200 miles and many far more than that.