+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How did we play today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How did we play today?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It was a day that the cliche "a game of two halves" was never more true.

Pathetic first half. We didn't have a meaningful presence in their box until the last minute. Ponderous in possession and lethargic in trying to win it back. Ward was awful before he went off with concussion. Rightly booed off.

Second half, as Harris alluded, we went more direct but also moved the ball more quickly. Loads of Patterson long throws and poor defending led to several corners, the fans getting behind the team and Birmingham now penned in their own half.

The only meaningful time Brum got in our box was a diagonal cross a bit like QPR's first goal which went over Morrison's head but Smithies made a splendid save. He was sound all game.

In terms of performances. Hoillett was truly awful. Whyte dreadful in first half but a bit better second. The midfield three unimposing with Tomlin anonymous for most of the game but still scoring and hitting the outside of the post. Nelson and Bennett ok and Richards improved after a shaky start and lazy marking for the goal. Ralls looked athletic in the short time he was on.
    Thanks to everyone who replied. I appreciate it.

Sounded a bit grim from most of the replies.

Why do I keep thinking: Russell Slade?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Thanks to everyone who replied. I appreciate it.

Sounded a bit grim from most of the replies.

Why do I keep thinking: Russell Slade?
    Why doesn’t Trollope receive this constant vitriol? Life under Trollope was without any hope. In fairness to Slade he did a good job in very difficult circumstances but he seems to be the go to scapegoat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Why doesn’t Trollope receive this constant vitriol? Life under Trollope was without any hope. In fairness to Slade he did a good job in very difficult circumstances but he seems to be the go to scapegoat.
    You may have a point but wasn’t Troll only charge for a 12 games or something by which time I think that we were all paralysed by the boredom of Slade’s tenure.

That is why Warnock’s arrival was so refreshing.

But I feel that we are back in Slade territory now. And it isn’t any fun :-(