+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: If you were allowed to bring in only one player in January

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: If you were allowed to bring in only one player in January

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    A Barry Bannan type player to pick the ball up off our centre half’s and control the tempo of the game

He’s got the passing range to find Tomlin, to find our wingers. With Joe Ralls energy alongside that type of player and Tomlin in front that’s a massive improvement on Bacuna and Pack!!
    Isn't this how Pack tries to play? The problem is that our movement off the ball is so poor that he has very few options in front of him when he tries to pick a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Isn't this how Pack tries to play? The problem is that our movement off the ball is so poor that he has very few options in front of him when he tries to pick a pass.
    Tries too but as Llandaff says he doesnt recycle the ball quick enough for me and he hasnt got a great passing range. Give the ball away cheaply quite a lot. I acknowledge your point about movement, that is an issue as well, but for me Bacuna and Pack slow us down massively. The amount of touches Bacuna needs to get the ball out of his feet is alarming for a former Premier League footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Tries too but as Llandaff says he doesnt recycle the ball quick enough for me and he hasnt got a great passing range. Give the ball away cheaply quite a lot. I acknowledge your point about movement, that is an issue as well, but for me Bacuna and Pack slow us down massively. The amount of touches Bacuna needs to get the ball out of his feet is alarming for a former Premier League footballer.
    Our entire midfield needs an overhaul. We have to find a partner for Ralls and a someone that could control the game, alongside his legs. This makes Ralls look like Roy Keane but he's so far ahead of our other centre midfield options it's untrue. If we can replace Vaulks with someone that can knit things together like Allen does for Wales, I'll be pleased. That, a striker, a winger and a left back. Not asking for much .

Alternatively, get to 50 points and play some young lads. We might as well use the season to either build for next season or see what we've got, which I suppose is building for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Our entire midfield needs an overhaul. We have to find a partner for Ralls and a someone that could control the game, alongside his legs. This makes Ralls look like Roy Keane but he's so far ahead of our other centre midfield options it's untrue. If we can replace Vaulks with someone that can knit things together like Allen does for Wales, I'll be pleased. That, a striker, a winger and a left back. Not asking for much .

Alternatively, get to 50 points and play some young lads. We might as well use the season to either build for next season or see what we've got, which I suppose is building for next season.
    Agreed.