+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jack Grealish

Jack Grealish

He’s not popular on here, but he’s turning into a very good premiership midfielder.

Re: Jack Grealish

Yes, when he's upright.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    Yes, when he's upright.
    That’s a bit unfair now. He doesn’t go down anywhere near as much as he did when he was younger. He really can make his mark on a game now, and does get fouled a lot when he goes on a mazy run.

He's very good. Mason Mount will do well to retain his England place over Grealish and more so Maddison. Both far superior CAM's at the moment.

More so, I'll be interested to see where he goes in the summer should Villa go down (hopefully). Arsenal could do no worse given their current state.

He's a good footballer. Can't see him at a top club though.

He's one insecure young man. If he gets offered a big money move, he'll put in a rider to take house, friends & family with him. Prefers a move to Leicester over Spurs as he can "stay at home"

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    He's one insecure young man.
    He got decked during a match and got up to score the winner, I think it's fair to say he's got a certain amount of self belief in him

this must be his dad

Could see ManUre offering him an opportunity he's better than anything they have currently.

He’s class. Top 4 player for me. I think he’s better than Ox and he starts most games for Liverpool when fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    He's one insecure young man. If he gets offered a big money move, he'll put in a rider to take house, friends & family with him. Prefers a move to Leicester over Spurs as he can "stay at home"
    Is the suggestion that he would rather stay at home an indication of insecurity? I may have misunderstood and they may be separate comments but I can’t see the issue with him wanting to stay at home. Many people do. Plus Leicester are better than spurs, and moving in the right direction

Top player. Hes carrying Villa at the moment.

He’ll end up at Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Is the suggestion that he would rather stay at home an indication of insecurity? I may have misunderstood and they may be separate comments but I can’t see the issue with him wanting to stay at home. Many people do. Plus Leicester are better than spurs, and moving in the right direction
    When Spurs allegedly showed an interest in the summer, he had no intent of moving (to London). He did go to Leicester to meet with them, as he felt that he could train & play with them without the need to move home. He's very embedded with family & friends and needs them around him.

If he moves (anywhere) he'll need his entourage around him.

He's no Lee Tomlin.

Unbelievable player managed to get championship minnows aston villa to a 5th place finish.

Adding 100m of signing plus him in the team and trail blazing the Premier League currently sat in 18th position.

He is a decent player but you can see why if he is your main player you are going to struggle.

Football is about being effective and he isnt effective enough to be anywhere near the top standard. You have seen much better players look great at smaller clubs then look completely out of place when go onto big clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Unbelievable player managed to get championship minnows aston villa to a 5th place finish.

Adding 100m of signing plus him in the team and trail blazing the Premier League currently sat in 18th position.

He is a decent player but you can see why if he is your main player you are going to struggle.

Football is about being effective and he isnt effective enough to be anywhere near the top standard. You have seen much better players look great at smaller clubs then look completely out of place when go onto big clubs.
    How is he not effective? He gets goals and assists. More in total than James Maddison who is also, quite rightly, getting a load of plaudits this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    How is he not effective? He gets goals and assists. More in total than James Maddison who is also, quite rightly, getting a load of plaudits this season.
    He isnt effective enough . The results show that. Everything goes through him he gets to see a huge amount of the ball. The team is built on being offensive so hes going to get a good load of goals.

Villa have spent a fortune with this superstar but are still in the relegation zone. As lovely as all these lovely players are you wont see them in the really succesful teams for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    He isnt effective enough . The results show that. Everything goes through him he gets to see a huge amount of the ball. The team is built on being offensive so hes going to get a good load of goals.

Villa have spent a fortune with this superstar but are still in the relegation zone. As lovely as all these lovely players are you wont see them in the really succesful teams for a reason.
    The results show that? He can’t play in all 11 positions. He’s 1 man in a team off 11. God help where they would be without his contributions this year.

He’ll be playing for a top side next year and with more quality players around him then I would expect him to be even more effective than he has been this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    The results show that? He can’t play in all 11 positions. He’s 1 man in a team off 11. God help where they would be without his contributions this year.

He’ll be playing for a top side next year and with more quality players around him then I would expect him to be even more effective than he has been this season.
    I know, bizarre comment to make by mazadona10. He's scored 7 goals and got 5 assists in a struggling team, he can't do everything