+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: El Plastico

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: El Plastico

Wankers all of them , loads in south wales , we were at home at ninian park a few years back , went for a pre match drink in the corp , it was showing a united game , bunch of wankers with cardiff accents were watching the game in united shirts as we left to watch city , ****ing hate twats like that

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Wankers all of them , loads in south wales , we were at home at ninian park a few years back , went for a pre match drink in the corp , it was showing a united game , bunch of wankers with cardiff accents were watching the game in united shirts as we left to watch city , ****ing hate twats like that
    A mate of mine is at the game with his brother today. Got hospitality. Looks good. He supports Liverpool, his brother supports Utd. Both were born and brought up in Sussex. There has been plenty of chat between him and the others in our group who support liverpool (Born on the south coast, Oxfordshire and one from London; now resident in Brazil, Las Vegas and London respectively).

I've been to a few big prem games recently. It's a global event really. There are scores of people in high vis jackets outside anfield, giving out info on where to go, where your ticket is for, how to get home etc. Why? because it's a tourist event now, not just a game for locals. People come to these games from all over the world, it's a different thing to most football matches. It's neither good nor bad, its just different.

I'd like to say that they don't really get it and they are missing out on what football is all about, and I do still believe that. But less so than I did. What makes CCFC "Cardiff" any more?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    A mate of mine is at the game with his brother today. Got hospitality. Looks good. He supports Liverpool, his brother supports Utd. Both were born and brought up in Sussex. There has been plenty of chat between him and the others in our group who support liverpool (Born on the south coast, Oxfordshire and one from London; now resident in Brazil, Las Vegas and London respectively).

I've been to a few big prem games recently. It's a global event really. There are scores of people in high vis jackets outside anfield, giving out info on where to go, where your ticket is for, how to get home etc. Why? because it's a tourist event now, not just a game for locals. People come to these games from all over the world, it's a different thing to most football matches. It's neither good nor bad, its just different.

I'd like to say that they don't really get it and they are missing out on what football is all about, and I do still believe that. But less so than I did. What makes CCFC "Cardiff" any more?
    The fanbase. The vast majority of our fans come from Cardiff and the surrounding areas, the same can't said of Liverpool, Manchester United etc