+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can Anyone Recommend me A Good Printer

Can Anyone Recommend me A Good Printer

My current printer has just about had it. I'm looking to replace with something that is:

Not too big
    Wireless
    Good Value
    Reasonably cheap to run (ink)

Any recommendations........

Thanks

Re: Can Anyone Recommend me A Good Printer

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    My current printer has just about had it. I'm looking to replace with something that is:

Not too big
    Wireless
    Good Value

Thanks
    Size may be a problem if space is an issue. But go laser printer every time. The ink doesn't dry out and if you are a medium to heay user (think kids doing homework) then they are worth every penny. I have got two Dell ones - C1760 series to be precise as the generic cartridges are really chaep off Amazon. Do a bit of working out and see if the original outlay is worth it for what you are printing. I have chucked loads of inkjets in the bin in the past as they dried out or stopped working.

Was going to recommend my good friend Dai Coleman who runs the printers in canton next to where the snooker/pool club is/was opposite Tesco. Then I seen the rest of the message. I hear people are paying you now to advertise they're businesses which is mental. My mate dai who runs The Print Hub on 2A Leckwith Rd, Cardiff CF11 8HJ. Said he'd never pay to advertise his business as it doesn't need to as its word of mouth. ������

" Then I seen the rest of the message. I hear people are paying you now to advertise they're businesses which is mental. My mate dai who runs The Print Hub on 2A Leckwith Rd, Cardiff CF11 8HJ. Said he'd never pay to advertise his business as it doesn't need to as its word of mouth. ������ "

You've completely lost me here mate, what do you mean?

What are you printing?

Hogarth.

Not big documents or large volumes. Maybe used once/twice a week, 20 A4 Max.

Warhol.

Donald Judd.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Syd Judd

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post

Not too big
    Wireless
    Good Value

Thanks
    You need colour?

I don't, i bought a B+W laser wireless printer off Amazon, had it 12 months and am still using the starter toner that came with it.

Amazing piece of kit for next to nothing. Wireless, prints off laptop and mobile devices. I bought a brand new toner in November as i was told toner was low and have not installed it yet.

Family can all print as well as it's wireless.

Similar size to a 12 box of 330ml beers

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pantum-P220...ct_top?ie=UTF8

i Got this one about 2 week ago

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Colour-L...H01P35EP0TPKXW

works well enough, my youngest daughter appears to print 50 sheets a week for various stuff, so i went with a laser

downside to lasers is that the toner set's are maybe 100 quid for a set

Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    i Got this one about 2 week ago

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-Colour-L...H01P35EP0TPKXW

works well enough, my youngest daughter appears to print 50 sheets a week for various stuff, so i went with a laser

downside to lasers is that the toner set's are maybe 100 quid for a set
    I have found the compatible toners work very well.

And if I was looking to buy a printer now I would look at the compatible toners and how much they cost and see if that is a deciding factor in which printer you buy. That's what I did before buying the Dell one I bought as a full set of toners is anything from £15 to £20 and they last ages. For example the last set I got was these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Do-Compatib...s%2C151&sr=1-3

I manage with my John Bull Junior��

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    I have found the compatible toners work very well.

And if I was looking to buy a printer now I would look at the compatible toners and how much they cost and see if that is a deciding factor in which printer you buy. That's what I did before buying the Dell one I bought as a full set of toners is anything from £15 to £20 and they last ages. For example the last set I got was these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Do-Compatib...s%2C151&sr=1-3
    I do a fair bit of printing and was finding the cost of replacement cartridges a nightmare.

Got myself an Epson Ecotank printer. You just pour the ink into the reservoirs in the printer - cheap as chips. May not be cost effective for low volume work, but I really don't miss buying new cartridges

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    I do a fair bit of printing and was finding the cost of replacement cartridges a nightmare.

Got myself an Epson Ecotank printer. You just pour the ink into the reservoirs in the printer - cheap as chips. May not be cost effective for low volume work, but I really don't miss buying new cartridges
    I’ve got one of these and I have a lot of problems with the drivers - the printer just drops off when it feels like and frequently just decides not to print.
    The quality is good, though and we haven’t had to buy any new refills yet.

Caxton.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    I’ve got one of these and I have a lot of problems with the drivers - the printer just drops off when it feels like and frequently just decides not to print.
    The quality is good, though and we haven’t had to buy any new refills yet.
    That is odd, I have had mine for over a year now and it is very solid connected to my PC, but also works well with laptops over wifi.

Maybe give them a tinkle

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post

Used to have refillable ink reservoirs on a old printer ( used to use it to print CD's and DVD's many years ago ) made ink really cheap and worked well, it was a after market type of add-on though and i mourned the loss of the printer, didnt know they still did them

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Used to have refillable ink reservoirs on a old printer ( used to use it to print CD's and DVD's many years ago ) made ink really cheap and worked well, it was a after market type of add-on though and i mourned the loss of the printer, didnt know they still did them
    Really happy with mine.

Whether it works for you financially depends on how much you print I guess.

https://www.epson.co.uk/for-home/eco...Fc6BhQod3J4Lng