+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will Vaulks

Will Vaulks

Linked with move to Sunderland. Be good for the boy. Hasn't flitted in here. Yet another Warnock failure.

Re: Will Vaulks

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Linked with move to Sunderland. Be good for the boy. Hasn't flitted in here. Yet another Warnock failure.
    Agree.

His time here has been unproductive. Thank you Warnock.

Similar to that Emyr huws was it that went to Ipswich after us.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    He has disappointed so far.

I’d prefer to see him go out on loan as I haven’t seen enough of him yet (but what I have, hasn’t been great) and there might be a decent player in there. 🤷*♂️

If Vaulks leaves, even if it's just on loan, we'll need to get a replacement in. We can't play the rest of the season with only 3 midfielders in the squad.

Another one Id be delighted to see the back of. Only 17 or 18 more to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    This.

Start from scratch.

Just hasnt happened for him here. Thought he was harshly treated by Warnock but Harris doesnt seem to rate him either.

His signing is yet another Warnock mistake. He is 26, he has experience of over 200 games of football behind him so I doubt if there is better to come. Get rid and upgrade. Should we be confident that the transfer committee can do that ? Not really but at least Warnock and the Chief Scout have gone.

Sorry it should be obvious that this kid is not good enough for Cardiff City. Lightweight and ineffective. Well never make it here. Move on.

Does any other industry have such a large proportion of very expensive failures and which are a significant drain on finances?

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Sorry it should be obvious that this kid is not good enough for Cardiff City. Lightweight and ineffective. Well never make it here. Move on.
    Are you one of those people that say "Can I get a..." in a coffee shop?

it's always a shame when players don't make a success of their time. We'll be light in the midfield if he goes though.

Unless we have a replacement then there is no doubt in my mind we should keep hold of him.

Okay he may not have set the world alight since we brought him in but it isn't that simple, particularly as we are in transition.

We aren't blessed with a squad of decent midfielders and an injury will see us having to play people out of position.

He was a Welsh international before coming here so he must have something.

And people reckon his replacement would be any better?

What's the point? We all know the replacement will be worse

I have some sympathy for him as he probably hasn't had a fair run to show his worth but I get the impression he thinks he should be first choice which I don't think will ever be the case. I read an interview with him online where he was moaning about game time and his main gripe was that he would be top of the running charts in training regularly.... sign up for a running club then. We need a bit of quality in midfield not just headless chickens.
    Last edited by PhyllisStant; 20-01-20 at 12:57. Reason: typo

Can we release Isaac Vassell? Is that an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Can we release Isaac Vassell? Is that an option?
    He’s been injured all his career, who in their right mind would sign him, oh hang on, we did

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Hasn’t been given a chance.

Says a lot when our most attacking central mid is beibg shifted

Here's a novel thought, we could give one of Sam Bowen, Keenan Patten and Harry Pinchard, who were all good in a successful Welsh Under 19s in November a squad place - there's also Aaron Bolger and one or two others I can think of who could come into the squad, especially if the season fizzles out in the same way as 14/15 did.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    He’s been injured all his career, who in their right mind would sign him, oh hang on, we did
    It's not unreasonable to say at this point there's a serious amount of people supporting this club who could manage ins and outs better than those who are in charge have done.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    What's the point? We all know the replacement will be worse
    I think we’d be hard pressed to find worse than Vaulks. Bacuna and Pack aren’t up to much and Vaulks doesn’t even get a sniff. When he does play the game completely passes him bht and he’s technically poor. Another Warnock masterstroke. If we can sell him, then we should. He’s probably better than he’s shown here so it’s in everyone’s interests that we part ways

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    It's not unreasonable to say at this point there's a serious amount of people supporting this club who could manage ins and outs better than those who are in charge have done.
    Anyone with a passing interest in Championship football could have done a better job than the last 18 months

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Here's a novel thought, we could give one of Sam Bowen, Keenan Patten and Harry Pinchard, who were all good in a successful Welsh Under 19s in November a squad place - there's also Aaron Bolger and one or two others I can think of who could come into the squad, especially if the season fizzles out in the same way as 14/15 did.
    Are any of them even remotely ready to play Championship football?