+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mehmet Dalman on "appalling" lack of action over Emiliano Sala tragedy.

Mehmet Dalman on "appalling" lack of action over Emiliano Sala tragedy.

Re: Mehmet Dalman on "appalling" lack of action over Emiliano Sala tragedy.

You’d think this day might pass with a bit of respect but the usual shit on social media.

Even BBC Wales have ran an article on how Sala was feeling “forced out” by Nantes just before he left. What relevance that has a year on from his death I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    You’d think this day might pass with a bit of respect but the usual shit on social media.

Even BBC Wales have ran an article on how Sala was feeling “forced out” by Nantes just before he left. What relevance that has a year on from his death I don’t know.
    From the BBC website: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51180331

I don't get these headlines, why do we need the chairman moaning? Pay your respects and be quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I don't get these headlines, why do we need the chairman moaning? Pay your respects and be quiet.
    I agree. The right thing to do is to let the day pass quietly, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    I only skimmed through so I'm not sure when the quotes are from, they may be a few weeks old, either way either he shouldn't be saying it at this time or the paper shouldn't be reporting it.

It’s concerning that Dalman is quoted as saying that the club faces bankruptcy if the fee has to be paid, raising numerous questions, including:
    - does this mean that the club has no insurance?
    - have they not set aside the money in case this is what happened?
    - why did the club spend in the summer if its finances are that precarious?
    - what’s happened to all the Premier League money, given that the transfer and wages spend last year was very small in comparison to other clubs?
    Crikey.

The human side of the story:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51133964

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    The club have tried to stop this happening again and nothing has happened. They asked the Premier League to stop using bandits like the McKays and to get proper travel. Importantly, he didn't make these statements today, they were made to a reporter a while ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The club have tried to stop this happening again and nothing has happened. They asked the Premier League to stop using bandits like the McKays and to get proper travel.
    The same bandit whose two sons were on the books at Cardiff City at the time.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The same bandit whose two sons were on the books at Cardiff City at the time.....
    I'm surprised this hasn't been looked into, surely Warnock didn't have carte blanche and someone at the club had to sign off these two being on the books? It's the most obvious bit of corruption you could get.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Absolutely, it was appalling but at least they've learnt some lessons. The whole thing stinks.

Re Croesy, I think it's extremely likely Warnock could do whatever the hell he wanted. He gave Bacuna a 4 and a half year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The club have tried to stop this happening again and nothing has happened. They asked the Premier League to stop using bandits like the McKays and to get proper travel. Importantly, he didn't make these statements today, they were made to a reporter a while ago.
    The report says the comments were made yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The report says the comments were made yesterday.
    Ah, I thought they were from the book. Still, Dalman has a point and I'd like to hope that football learns from this but Willie McKay is trying to sell French players still and there's no laws around travel.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Like that will happen. I was on the bus with Dai Hunt that hit town at 09.15. No prizes for where he was headed.

Not sure I get why people get so upset over us not paying, I largely think our unwillingness to pay is dictated by whoever our insurers are. That being said, why are people so thick that they cannot separate the business issue away from the human issue, which is so desperately sad. Business is business, and the business aspect has nothing to do with Sala.

RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    It’s concerning that Dalman is quoted as saying that the club faces bankruptcy if the fee has to be paid, raising numerous questions, including:
    - does this mean that the club has no insurance?
    - have they not set aside the money in case this is what happened?
    - why did the club spend in the summer if its finances are that precarious?
    - what’s happened to all the Premier League money, given that the transfer and wages spend last year was very small in comparison to other clubs?
    Crikey.
    Have you a link to that quote?

Have you a link to that quote?
    Isn't it from Harry Harris' book?

"After failing to convince Fifa to do that, they are determined to exhaust their legal options before paying a fee Dalman said in the recently released book The Killing of Emiliano Sala would put them at risk of “bankruptcy” following relegation from the Premier League"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...ity-call-lack/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

"After failing to convince Fifa to do that, they are determined to exhaust their legal options before paying a fee Dalman said in the recently released book The Killing of Emiliano Sala would put them at risk of “bankruptcy” following relegation from the Premier League"

Stupid me, I didn't realise the article went on as long as that - thanks .

Stupid me, I didn't realise the article went on as long as that - thanks .
    I was just about to post it - thanks, Cyclops!

If and it’s a big if, as I’d imagine that it was a bit of bluster from Dalman, we would be facing bankruptcy for having to pay the Sala fee, then you there has to be an appalling financial mismanagement! They must have accrued for the fee knowing that there was a potential that the insurance wouldn’t pay out and it would have to come from the club if they didn’t win a FIFA case. That on the back of having the lowest wage bill in the championship - so where has the premier league income plus parachute payments gone?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavross1927 View Post
    If and it’s a big if, as I’d imagine that it was a bit of bluster from Dalman, we would be facing bankruptcy for having to pay the Sala fee, then you there has to be an appalling financial mismanagement! They must have accrued for the fee knowing that there was a potential that the insurance wouldn’t pay out and it would have to come from the club if they didn’t win a FIFA case. That on the back of having the lowest wage bill in the championship - so where has the premier league income plus parachute payments gone?
    Lowest wage bill in the Championship? What are you smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

That's a ludicrous statement to make - if indeed Dalman actually said it. If it were Coventry City, or any number of clubs in the bottom 2 divisions, fair enough, but no-one would find that credible from a Championship club who received £42.5 million in parachute payments this season..

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Lowest wage bill in the Championship? What are you smoking?
    Sorry I meant premier league, last season.

Surely has to be bluster to suggest paying part of the Sala fee puts Cardiff at risk of bankruptcy.

After all this is a football club that bought two players in the last summer transfer window for the same amount that FIFA agreed Cardiff should pay to Nantes for Sala. Why do that if you're that close to being at risk of bankruptcy?

And on top of that they also bought Madine for £6m 2 years ago, couple that with 2 years of wages (minus his time at the Blades I assume) and the fact they barely received any return on their investment on and off the pitch, it certainly suggested Cardiff had some money to spend and that was before the Premier League windfall.

So if it isn't bluster then it brings to question how well the finances of the club are being handled. And should messrs Dalman etc... still remain part of the board.