+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Emiliano Sala

Emiliano Sala

There’s a service at St David’s Cathedral in his memory tomorrow according to WalesOnline. Doesn’t say what time.

Re: Emiliano Sala

It was on the Tuesday morning virtually at the same time that I type this that I first heard news that a plane flying from Nantes to Cardiff had gone missing overnight on BBC Wales. I had a fleeting thought that Emiliano Sala had been over in Nantes yesterday, but no more than that. However, it didn't take long at all for the realisation to dawn that our new player could have been on the plane and that "could" had quickly developed into a "was" hours before it was officially confirmed.

Everyone offered their RIPs and condolences a year ago, but with no "closure" for his family and friends as the whole things drags on with no end in sight, they feel just as appropriate a year later - especially when you consider the death of Emiliano's father a few months later.

RIP.

Sums up his agents....

Emiliano Sala: Claims footballer treated like a 'toy' https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-51184151

RIP

Such a sad period in CCFCs long history.
    I can't even face clicking on any links :-(

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It was on the Tuesday morning virtually at the same time that I type this that I first heard news that a plane flying from Nantes to Cardiff had gone missing overnight on BBC Wales. I had a fleeting thought that Emiliano Sala had been over in Nantes yesterday, but no more than that. However, it didn't take long at all for the realisation to dawn that our new player could have been on the plane and that "could" had quickly developed into a "was" hours before it was officially confirmed.

Everyone offered their RIPs and condolences a year ago, but with no "closure" for his family and friends as the whole things drags on with no end in sight, they feel just as appropriate a year later - especially when you consider the death of Emiliano's father a few months later.

RIP.
    It was a Monday last year Paul, I woke up in my Newcastle hotel room to the speculation, I’d had it confirmed at the game at St James Park two days earlier that he was definitely signing. Sala will always come to my mind on the anniversary of the plane disappearance as it’s my birthday. Newcastle this day last year, Tenerife today, very different places but Sala came to mind first thing this morning. No matter that he never played for us it’s still a seismic date in Cardiff City’s history.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It was a Monday last year Paul, I woke up in my Newcastle hotel room to the speculation, I’d had it confirmed at the game at St James Park two days earlier that he was definitely signing. Sala will always come to my mind on the anniversary of the plane disappearance as it’s my birthday. Newcastle this day last year, Tenerife today, very different places but Sala came to mind first thing this morning. No matter that he never played for us it’s still a seismic date in Cardiff City’s history.
    It happened on the Monday, but I was talking about waking up on the Tuesday morning to hear the first news of it.

It happened on the Monday, but I was talking about waking up on the Tuesday morning to hear the first news of it.
    Uncle Bob posted on here early on the Monday morning re. The missing plane, me & the missus went to the Metro Centre for the day and through checking my phone the news was emerging that Sala was on the flight. We flew back home on the Tuesday.

Uncle Bob posted on here early on the Monday morning re. The missing plane, me & the missus went to the Metro Centre for the day and through checking my phone the news was emerging that Sala was on the flight. We flew back home on the Tuesday.
    Yes,that's the first I heard of it, from Uncle Bob's post. Like others my initial reaction was 'surely not?' but it didn't take long for reality to kick in.
    Awful awful day. Not sure the club and supporters have got over it, dread to think how the families must be feeling.

City played at Newcastle on Saturday 19 January;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46847680

Emiliano Sala,s plane took off at 19.15 GMT on 21 January;-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019...er_PA-46_crash

Uncle Bob's message must have been posted either late on the Monday or early on the Tuesday.

City played at Newcastle on Saturday 19 January;-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46847680

Emiliano Sala,s plane took off at 19.15 GMT on 21 January;-

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019...er_PA-46_crash

Uncle Bob's message must have been posted either late on the Monday or early on the Tuesday.
    Well remembered Paul you’re spot on, my memory has deteriorated significantly between my 64th & 65th birthdays

CardiffCitySince1927

Well remembered Paul you’re spot on, my memory has deteriorated significantly between my 64th & 65th birthdays
    There were definitely posts about it at 8:40. Iirc it was around 6:00 we spotted it.

I do wish we could on, its very sad, but its becoming a heavy and very sad weight around the club's neck