Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Simon Haworth
    Blake?

Jerome?

Re: Strikers from the Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Allez Allez View Post
    Blake?

Jerome?
    Blake came from Chelsea to complete his second year YTS with City, Jerome was bombed from somewhere i think and then teamed up with Paul Wilkinson? Earnie was one of the last Apprentices taken on for his year. None of them came through our system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Blake came from Chelsea to complete his second year YTS with City, Jerome was bombed from somewhere i think and then teamed up with Paul Wilkinson? Earnie was one of the last Apprentices taken on for his year. None of them came through our system.
    Thats just semantics re Blake and Earnie. They still played youth football at Cardiff City.

Before the days of academys picking kids up when they are 7 and 8 a lot of boys went straight from playing under 14/16 for their boys club into a YTS.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Thats just semantics re Blake and Earnie. They still played youth football at Cardiff City.

Before the days of academys picking kids up when they are 7 and 8 a lot of boys went straight from playing under 14/16 for their boys club into a YTS.
    OK and I'll accept Blake and Earnie but it still seems a poor show. Nathan joined us 30 years ago and Earnie 23 years ago. Maybe I exaggerated a little by saying nothing since Toshack but you have to agree it's not a good record. And the keepers record is worse.

Someone mentioned Cameron Jerome. We got him from Middlesbrough at 18 so I would say he couldn't be classed as part of a youth development programme.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I think Jerome came in from Boro.