+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Leicester City

Leicester City

Watching them on BT Sport totally outplaying (an admittedly poor)West Ham with some excellent football. Have seen them several times this season and have really enjoyed their football. I spent 3 years working in Leicester and always considered them to be a club on a par with us given the size of the City and crowd potential etc. Not any more regrettably. They are now on a different planet. Fair play to Brenda, he is doing a great job there. Just 10 years ago we beat them in the play-offs.

Re: Leicester City

When he was at Swansea I thought Rogers was a tit who was piggybacking off excellent predecessors but he’s the real deal isn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueToujours View Post
    Watching them on BT Sport totally outplaying (an admittedly poor)West Ham with some excellent football. Have seen them several times this season and have really enjoyed their football. I spent 3 years working in Leicester and always considered them to be a club on a par with us given the size of the City and crowd potential etc. Not any more regrettably. They are now on a different planet. Fair play to Brenda, he is doing a great job there. Just 10 years ago we beat them in the play-offs.
    Didn’t we win there less than 12 months ago?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Didn’t we win there less than 12 months ago?
    Indeed we did. Last gasp winner wasn't it? Regrettably I don't think that particular result is any reflection of where both clubs are now. They have so much quality and pace in the side and in Maddison they have one of the most outstanding players in the country.

Indeed we did. Last gasp winner wasn't it? Regrettably I don't think that particular result is any reflection of where both clubs are now. They have so much quality and pace in the side and in Maddison they have one of the most outstanding players in the country.
    I agree, shows how quickly things can change......

Indeed we did. Last gasp winner wasn't it?
    With a last minute worldie from Camarassa.

Seems that way. He also seems like a decent chap.

Just 10 years ago we beat them in the play-offs.
    One of my favourite ever City games that

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    One of my favourite ever City games that
    Yes
    Always reminded of that night every time I hear the black eyed peas "I've got a feeling..."
    Was singing it for days!

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    When he was at Swansea I thought Rogers was a tit who was piggybacking off excellent predecessors but he’s the real deal isn’t he?
    I think he's a good manager, but he can't take the credit for everything that's happened at Leicester, he inherited a team packed full of young very talented players.
    Their recruitment staff have been very good over the last few years.
    People like Macia and others deserve credit.
    Although a lot of the backroom staff and recruitment people have been replaced in the last few months, so it'll be interesting to see if they do as well