+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ole's gonna walk

Ole's gonna walk

Surely his time is up.

Re: Ole's gonna walk

No chance, he is a hero .

Injuries and rebuilding ... Well said Ollie ...contact extension on the cards I feel...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Injuries and rebuilding ... Well said Ollie ...contact extension on the cards I feel...
    Probably. What a comedian.

The scousers must be absolutely loving this! 😂😂

Heisenberg

Where's his CCMB Norwegian cheerleader these days? The one that abused anyone who dared question OGS' managerial abilities.

He is Father Dougal, dead ringer!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Surely his time is up.
    His time was up before he started. They'll probably give him until the end of the season though. Be interesting to see if he can get another EPL job. I somehow doubt it. I can't think of a single club I think he could help.

Whoever decided to make him perminant , after what was supposed to be a loan management period from Molde , is the one who should be sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Whoever decided to make him perminant , after what was supposed to be a loan management period from Molde , is the one who should be sacked.
    This.

He did have a really good run for a few months when he was temporary manager so can’t really slate the board for giving him a crack at it.
    However does seem the club is in turmoil and they are nowhere near the glory days they used to have. Could go on for another decade to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    He did have a really good run for a few months when he was temporary manager so can’t really slate the board for giving him a crack at it.
    However does seem the club is in turmoil and they are nowhere near the glory days they used to have. Could go on for another decade to be honest.
    If you look at the stats from that run it always pointed to it going tits up. He’s a nice guy but he is clueless when it comes to any tactical decision.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ed Woodward is the issue apparently

They made progress against Liverpool apparently.

He won"t walk he will wait to be sacked & have the remainder of his contract paid off.

Only Solksjaer could take Manchester United to within 4 points of, um, 14th. You really would have to be as clueless as Ole to employ him at your football club.

They want to buy players to build for the future and want instant success now. Doesn’t work both ways.

They need to give him or the next manager an open chequebook now or understand that promoting youth you’re not always going to get it right.

Has he done enough with what he’s had? No. He looks an awful manager Tactically but does have the right Man Utd mindset.

I do feel that Sir Alex doesn’t get enough stick for leaving a squad on its last legs.

I think that was mainly down to him "not being Jose" - the players suddenly got their wish to get Jose out and decided to start playing.

They didn't have to give him the job permanently in March though. They could easily have waited until the end of the season. No other club was going to jump in and make him a better offer.

Ed Woodward took responsibility for United's transfer dealings in the summer of 2013, following the retirement of Alex Ferguson and the resignation of David Gill. The team had finished as Premier League champions in 2012/13.

Since Woodward took up his current position, United's finishing positions in the Premier League are as follows:

2013/14 - 7th
    2014/15 - 4th
    2015/16 - 5th
    2016/17 - 6th
    2017/18 - 2nd
    2018/19 - 6th

When they finished as runners-up in 2017/18, United were 19 points behind champions Manchester City.

The way people are talking about Solskjaer's reign, it's as if the club was in a decent position before he was brought in. It certainly wasn't. Manchester United have been in a mess for more than six years. During that time, Moyes, Giggs, van Gaal and Mourinho have all failed to turn them around. Now it appears almost certain that Solskjaer will also fail.

There's a common denominator here and it isn't Ole.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    They didn't have to give him the job permanently in March though. They could easily have waited until the end of the season. No other club was going to jump in and make him a better offer.
    Probably not but it did seem to be the perfect fix back then. The players and fans all wanted him to stay, even ex players and media alike we're saying well why not, give him the job.
    And as it is its all gone backwards even more since then.
    Harry Maguire £80mil? Farcical.

Football goes through cycles and with Man city's rise and investment to the top and now Liverpool up there both will dominate for the next 5 years at least. It'll take Utd an incredible challenge to get close to both clubs now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Ed Woodward took responsibility for United's transfer dealings in the summer of 2013, following the retirement of Alex Ferguson and the resignation of David Gill. The team had finished as Premier League champions in 2012/13.

Since Woodward took up his current position, United's finishing positions in the Premier League are as follows:

2013/14 - 7th
    2014/15 - 4th
    2015/16 - 5th
    2016/17 - 6th
    2017/18 - 2nd
    2018/19 - 6th

When they finished as runners-up in 2017/18, United were 19 points behind champions Manchester City.

The way people are talking about Solskjaer's reign, it's as if the club was in a decent position before he was brought in. It certainly wasn't. Manchester United have been in a mess for more than six years. During that time, Moyes, Giggs, van Gaal and Mourinho have all failed to turn them around. Now it appears almost certain that Solskjaer will also fail.

There's a common denominator here and it isn't Ole.
    Agree that Woodwood deserves most of the stick but they are worse under Ole than they were under the previous two managers. I don't even think it would be a stretch to say he's doing worse than Moyes.

If you watch them they look clueless.

It's a challenge but the size of the club and the income it has it won't take too long unfortunately. I'd love to see them become somewhat irrelevant to the plastics but I suppose they would only be replaced by man City and more Liverpool.

Has been funny to see my united supporting mates chat less and less about football.

When they get the right manager and staff in they will be fine. The fees spent on mostly average players has been a laugh but someone will get it right eventually, won't be ole.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Agree that Woodwood deserves most of the stick but they are worse under Ole than they were under the previous two managers. I don't even think it would be a stretch to say he's doing worse than Moyes.

If you watch them they look clueless.
    Quite possibly. I watched them against Liverpool on Sunday and they looked pretty decent at times, but I haven't seen them much this season. However, what I will say is it's obvious that the club is currently rotten. The transfer policy since Ferguson left has been a disaster with some very high profile failures. Ole is almost certainly not the man to turn things around, but it's notable that a couple of the biggest names in the game also failed to do that.

If they do get rid of Solskjaer, who could they bring in? It's not going to be a simple fix by any means. But, to me at least, it seems obvious that Woodward's reign has been a disaster. If I was a high-profile manager who was in the running for the United job, I wouldn't even consider it until Woodward has been moved on.

This has Pochettino written all over it...