+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ole's gonna walk

Re: Ole's gonna walk

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    This has Pochettino written all over it...
    Massimo Allegri maybe. Despite their current situation it is still one of the biggest jobs in football and I don't think that they would be short of high quality candidates.Agree that I Woodward's days are numbered.

The job is too big for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Probably not but it did seem to be the perfect fix back then. The players and fans all wanted him to stay, even ex players and media alike we're saying well why not, give him the job.
    And as it is its all gone backwards even more since then.
    Harry Maguire £80mil? Farcical.

Football goes through cycles and with Man city's rise and investment to the top and now Liverpool up there both will dominate for the next 5 years at least. It'll take Utd an incredible challenge to get close to both clubs now.
    One of the biggest mistakes they made was not buying van dyke before Liverpool, Maguire cost more didn’t he?

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Probably not but it did seem to be the perfect fix back then. The players and fans all wanted him to stay, even ex players and media alike we're saying well why not, give him the job.
    And as it is its all gone backwards even more since then.
    Harry Maguire £80mil? Farcical.

Football goes through cycles and with Man city's rise and investment to the top and now Liverpool up there both will dominate for the next 5 years at least. It'll take Utd an incredible challenge to get close to both clubs now.
    I think Liverpool's grasp on greatness is tenuous. If they lost 1 or 2 players they could easily slip back into a "top 4 team".

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    One of the biggest mistakes they made was not buying van dyke before Liverpool, Maguire cost more didn’t he?
    Is not a mistake if the player wanted to go to Liverpool. He had options and choose Liverpool.

I thought the most damning thing about last night is teams like Burnley are no long fearful of going to old Trafford.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    His time was up before he started. They'll probably give him until the end of the season though. Be interesting to see if he can get another EPL job. I somehow doubt it. I can't think of a single club I think he could help.
    And conversely another club that he could help - the only reason that he is still at United at all is because he was a 'legend'.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Whoever decided to make him perminant , after what was supposed to be a loan management period from Molde , is the one who should be sacked.
    Sacked as well.

I agree with that. A shocking lapse in judgement. A little bit like Ferdinand's comedy performance after the PSG game

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Is not a mistake if the player wanted to go to Liverpool. He had options and choose Liverpool.
    Which I thought was quite surprising or refreshing if you look at the respective trophy cabinets over the last 20 years before he joined.

Wouldn't it be boring if one club dominated the PL forever (unless it was Cardiff City of course!). Success tends to go in cycles. I don't know why but it does. Wolves, Spurs, Leeds, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City have all enjoyed their moment in the sun since the late 50's but nothing lasts forever.

Man Utd enjoyed perhaps the longest period of dominance but for the time being that's over and regardless of which manager they employ, they can kiss goodbye to sustained success for many years. Yes in my opinion they have the wrong man at the top and he'll be gone soon enough but no amount of chopping and changing will resurrect their fortunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Wouldn't it be boring if one club dominated the PL forever (unless it was Cardiff City of course!). Success tends to go in cycles. I don't know why but it does. Wolves, Spurs, Leeds, Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd and Man City have all enjoyed their moment in the sun since the late 50's but nothing lasts forever.

Man Utd enjoyed perhaps the longest period of dominance but for the time being that's over and regardless of which manager they employ, they can kiss goodbye to sustained success for many years. Yes in my opinion they have the wrong man at the top and he'll be gone soon enough but no amount of chopping and changing will resurrect their fortunes.
    Agreed. There not winning the league for another 10 years. Will lose a whole generation of impressionable plastics.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I think that was mainly down to him "not being Jose" - the players suddenly got their wish to get Jose out and decided to start playing.
    Exactly. Then he signed a permanent contract and the players almost instantly took their foot off the gas.

Added to that, I think that his caretaker period coincided with a strange run of fixtures culminating in what has to be one of the luckiest ever wins at PSG. Watch it back....

Instead of standing back and having a closer look at the facts, United just appointed him. Bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    Agreed. There not winning the league for another 10 years. Will lose a whole generation of impressionable plastics.
    It doesnt really work like that. Liverpool havent won the league for 30 years but still have as many plastics as ever. They are usually third or fourth generation plastic.

United went 26 years without winning a league before Fergie but loads of kids still supported them in the 70s and 80s because their dads were fans of Georgie Best, Bobby Charlton.etc

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Sacked as well.

I agree with that. A shocking lapse in judgement. A little bit like Ferdinand's comedy performance after the PSG game
    I dunno what Ferdinand said at that time .

He was quite scathing of the whole set up last night.

Ollie has brought Man U much closer to my heart . They were brilliant last night.

"Ed Woodward, is gonna die.

"How we kill him I don't know.

"Chop him up from head to toe.

"All I know is Woodward's gonna die."

Charming little ditty . Fans not happy I fear.

I can't understand how Ole got the job in the first place.
    Best thing Man Utd can do is sack Ole asap.

And, i've got to agree with wj99mobile's statement:
    I do feel that Sir Alex doesn’t get enough stick for leaving a squad on its last legs.

Quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    I can't understand how Ole got the job in the first place.
    Best thing Man Utd can do is sack Ole asap.

And, i've got to agree with wj99mobile's statement:
    I do feel that Sir Alex doesn’t get enough stick for leaving a squad on its last legs.

Whilst I don't particularly like Sir Alex, I can't agree with yours and wj99's sentiments regarding him "leaving a squad on their last legs"

Think about it logically. If he had tinkered with his his squad/team in his final season, there would have been a very good chance that United would have missed out on the title. As it was, he accomplished his mission before handing over the reins to his successor. Do you really think he should have dismantled a successful side, building for possible future success, knowing that he would not be part of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    And create another generation of scouse plastics

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Whilst I don't particularly like Sir Alex, I can't agree with yours and wj99's sentiments regarding him "leaving a squad on their last legs"

Think about it logically. If he had tinkered with his his squad/team in his final season, there would have been a very good chance that United would have missed out on the title. As it was, he accomplished his mission before handing over the reins to his successor. Do you really think he should have dismantled a successful side, building for possible future success, knowing that he would not be part of it?
    I think the impact of losing David Gill was as big as Fergie going , plus their dreadful owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    I dunno what Ferdinand said at that time .

He was quite scathing of the whole set up last night.

Ollie has brought Man U much closer to my heart . They were brilliant last night.
    He said:

"Get the contract out. Put it on the table. Let him sign it, let him put whatever number he likes, for what he’s done since he’s come in. Let him sign the contract Ole’s at the wheel man, he’s doing it, he’s doing his thing. Man United are back."

There is a genuinely hilarious clip (all over Twitter) of Ferdinand making a right fool of himself on BT Sport whilst coming out with the rubbish above.

It is on a par with Steve McLaren commentating on the Eng vs Iceland game, when Iceland score.

It is that funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    He said:

"Get the contract out. Put it on the table. Let him sign it, let him put whatever number he likes, for what he’s done since he’s come in. Let him sign the contract Ole’s at the wheel man, he’s doing it, he’s doing his thing. Man United are back."

There is a genuinely hilarious clip (all over Twitter) of Ferdinand making a right fool of himself on BT Sport whilst coming out with the rubbish above.

It is on a par with Steve McLaren commentating on the Eng vs Iceland game, when Iceland score.

It is that funny.
    And the other thing I noticed last night was that Ferdinand was very careful in his criticism of the club and didn’t directly slag off OGS which is laughable.

Neville is the same: easily the best pundit on TV by a mile but refuses to make any negative comments about OGS. Shocking hypocrisy.