+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rio Ferdinand comment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Rio Ferdinand comment

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    THIS is still Ferdinand’s best ever comment, which is even better with the accompanying footage:

"Get the contract out. Put it on the table. Let him sign it, let him put whatever number he likes, for what he’s done since he’s come in. Let him sign the contract Ole’s at the wheel man, he’s doing it, he’s doing his thing. Man United are back."

����������
    Fantastic!!

I might have mentioned the story, but many years ago, I met Rio Ferdinand in a chinese restaurant in Wetherby. He was playing for Leeds at the time. He turned up for a take away with a woman that turned up not to have been his wife at the time.

A few guys from the group I was with asked him for photos, autographs etc while he was waiting, so we got £20 together and got him a bottle of wine to go with his food. At the time we'd just won promotion to Division 2 (as it was then) and so I approached him to say I look forward to seeing him playing some time at Cardiff City (taking the piss a bit). He laughed and said "you never know".

3rd round draw and we were home to Leeds......

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Fantastic!!

I might have mentioned the story, but many years ago, I met Rio Ferdinand in a chinese restaurant in Wetherby. He was playing for Leeds at the time. He turned up for a take away with a woman that turned up not to have been his wife at the time.

A few guys from the group I was with asked him for photos, autographs etc while he was waiting, so we got £20 together and got him a bottle of wine to go with his food. At the time we'd just won promotion to Division 2 (as it was then) and so I approached him to say I look forward to seeing him playing some time at Cardiff City (taking the piss a bit). He laughed and said "you never know".

You bought a footballer who earnt more whilst taking a piss than you would for an entire year working a bottle of wine. No wonder he was laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    You bought a footballer who earnt more whilst taking a piss than you would for an entire year working a bottle of wine. No wonder he was laughing.
    Yeah it struck me as weird too.

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    I think that it was the jesture, rather than the value of the wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I think that it was the jesture, rather than the value of the wine.
    You're joking, shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You're joking, shirley.

lol. My misteak

Fantastic!!

Fantastic!!

Cringe

If its not man united will be someone else.

Was listening to man united fan going on about their demise like it was a tradgedy.
    They spent 150 mill on players and are 6 points from cl spaces.

Its a shame the others have been so bad as they would be miles behind

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    If its not man united will be someone else.

Was listening to man united fan going on about their demise like it was a tradgedy.
    They spent 150 mill on players and are 6 points from cl spaces.

Its a shame the others have been so bad as they would be miles behind
    In the last 10 years, their transfer balance is £830m which ranks at number 3 worldwide.

In comparison Liverpool (31 wins in the last 32 PL games) is £300m.

No wonder the man united fans are depressed.