+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harris.....

Harris.....

....just a Poundland Neil Warnock.

A beyond shocking appointment.

Regardless what many may have said about Hughes, Pulis, Hughton, Jokanovic, they were all proven at this level and would have attracted decent players who’d have believed in them, to take the team up.

Harris has no such standing, he’ll attract even poorer quality than we have now. We’ll ultimately become a bottom third/fighting relegation team, under him.

Those who say he deserves a few transfer windows, rubbish. There are some very decent players in the squad.

Rowatt walked in to Millwall on the cusp of the relegation places, and has transformed them to shoot above us and in touching distance of the Playoffs. And he has a terrible squad, but the difference is, he’s clearly a decent coach.

Harris was a shocking appointment and done nothing to deserve a job of this magnitude.

The club will haemorrhage thousands of season tickets next season by keeping him, including mine.

HARRIS OUT!

Re: Harris.....

Why the **** would Jokanovic leave his cushy job in the Middle East to manage our group of cloggers 😂

You have literally no idea if any of those managers would have taken the job, or if they were even offered it. Hasn’t Hughton already rejected a few championship jobs this season?

Rowett has been at millwall five minutes, since when was being 9th in January an achievement? It’s Harris squad too btw, a squad that were comfortable in the championship for 4 years under him, hardly terrible.

Sadly the only thing you’re right about is the season tickets dwindling next year. Because fans have zero patience and think a club that was managed by Neil Warnock for 3 years is capable of playing like 1970s Brazil within the space of 2 months with zero money spent. I’m sure you’ll be straight back on the bandwagon if we’re doing well in 5 years

The real Neil Warnock had us 14th in the league when the plug was pulled. If you did a league table starting the day after his departure we would be 10th with two points more than Swansea and Bristol managed in the same period. The team is the same and the football is broadly the same.

Harris hasn't ripped up trees and some of the performances in that period have been poor but heaping all the ills of the club that have been stored up over the last few years on a manager in charge for 12 league games with an ageing, slow, formulaic, poorly recruited and imbalanced squad of players is a bit over the top based on results in the time he has been with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    ....just a Poundland Neil Warnock.

A beyond shocking appointment.

Regardless what many may have said about Hughes, Pulis, Hughton, Jokanovic, they were all proven at this level and would have attracted decent players who’d have believed in them, to take the team up.

Harris has no such standing, he’ll attract even poorer quality than we have now. We’ll ultimately become a bottom third/fighting relegation team, under him.

Those who say he deserves a few transfer windows, rubbish. There are some very decent players in the squad.

Rowatt walked in to Millwall on the cusp of the relegation places, and has transformed them to shoot above us and in touching distance of the Playoffs. And he has a terrible squad, but the difference is, he’s clearly a decent coach.

Harris was a shocking appointment and done nothing to deserve a job of this magnitude.

The club will haemorrhage thousands of season tickets next season by keeping him, including mine.

HARRIS OUT!
    Nothing better to do on a dull, dreary Friday morning in January than slag off the club and manager then eh ? Perhaps you want a big name manager like Solskjaer here instead. Oh sorry already tried that one haven't we and see where that got us. Harris is young, British, experienced at this level, played for the club, believes in developing the academy and bringing young players through or in other words just the type of manager everyone was crying out for previously. Perhaps you should speak to people at Derby and Stoke to see what they think about Rowetts coaching abilities as well, before you big him up too much. Don't forget, the players that are at Millwall were mostly brought in and developed by Harris, on a very small budget. To even think of not renewing your season ticket indicates to me that you are a ‘fair weather’ part time fan anyway. I would rather have only ten thousand people that love the club and support the team in the ground every week, than twenty five thousand people like you who continually moan. Christ, you even have the cheek to put forward people like Pulis for manager - after criticising Warnock and Harris’s style of play !! Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Nothing better to do on a dull, dreary Friday morning in January than slag off the club and manager then eh ? Perhaps you want a big name manager like Solskjaer here instead. Oh sorry already tried that one haven't we and see where that got us. Harris is young, British, experienced at this level, played for the club, believes in developing the academy and bringing young players through or in other words just the type of manager everyone was crying out for previously. Perhaps you should speak to people at Derby and Stoke to see what they think about Rowetts coaching abilities as well, before you big him up too much. Don't forget, the players that are at Millwall were mostly brought in and developed by Harris, on a very small budget. To even think of not renewing your season ticket indicates to me that you are a ‘fair weather’ part time fan anyway. I would rather have only ten thousand people that love the club and support the team in the ground every week, than twenty five thousand people like you who continually moan. Christ, you even have the cheek to put forward people like Pulis for manager - after criticising Warnock and Harris’s style of play !! Priceless.
    Whilst the Op's late night Thursday rather than early morning Friday opinion might have been over the top it doesn't mean that Harris has been faultless in his tactics or team selections with the available resources. When you witness first hand the first half performance against Birmingham and the dismantling at QPR then many may think that boos and chants of "Harris sort it out" are the right response rather than slavish devotion regardless of what you are seeing with your own eyes.

I think lots of fans are disillusioned with what the team had become under Warnock and feel that teams with lesser resources are passing us by in the type of football they are playing. Harris, I think unfairly, gets the backlash from people who want to spend their hard earned money on something that quickens the pulses rather than a slightly more refined version of the same. He gets stick for what he was not, a manager with a major change of style to the previous one, rather than for what he is or isn't achieving.

If they trudge down the ground expecting to be bored and finding it happening time after time then I don't begrudge them finding other things to do with their time and money and I certainly wouldn't badge them wholesale as part-timers in the way you just have.

Harris is young, British, experienced at this level, played for the club, believes in developing the academy and bringing young players through or in other words just the type of manager everyone was crying out for previously.
    Does that include you? Were you crying out for a manager like Harris previously, or were you continually defending the dinosaur he eventually replaced?

Also, why are you highlighting the fact that Harris is British? Is that a plus-point?

No one here is a part timer. It's a pathetic insult to throw at anyone who says they're a Cardiff City fan. Let's face it. It is easy enough to join the thousands of plastics in our city and none of us would dream of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bald Barry Bastad View Post
    No one here is a part timer. It's a pathetic insult to throw at anyone who says they're a Cardiff City fan. Let's face it. It is easy enough to join the thousands of plastics in our city and none of us would dream of that.
    Someone who says they support Cardiff City but then threatens to not renew their season ticket and not go because they don't like the manager or the way the team plays is either not a fan at all or someone who only goes when the team is doing well i.e a part time fan. Its simple really. Just because someone says they are a City fan on here, doesn't mean its true. There are a number of posters who obviously don't like the club or anything it stands for but continually post. Until the team starts winning of course and then they disappear for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Does that include you? Were you crying out for a manager like Harris previously, or were you continually defending the dinosaur he eventually replaced?

Also, why are you highlighting the fact that Harris is British? Is that a plus-point?
    I would always support British managers getting jobs in our leagues over someone from abroad. With regard to the rest of what you say, I would refer you to my reply above to BBB, you are a golden example of what I was referring to.

Someone who says they support Cardiff City but then threatens to not renew their season ticket and not go because they don't like the manager or the way the team plays is either not a fan at all or someone who only goes when the team is doing well i.e a part time fan. Its simple really. Just because someone says they are a City fan on here, doesn't mean its true. There are a number of posters who obviously don't like the club or anything it stands for but continually post. Until the team starts winning of course and then they disappear for a while.
    Ok superfan, you shoot your keyboard off at every opportunity because you're of course a cast iron, guilt edge fan.

To reinforce your case, please state 10 reasons why you think that you're more of a fan than my 27 year old son who has only been to see City play 3 times this season, who is obviously a part time fan. Or for that matter any of the other 8 members of my family who've I've introduced to City who by definition must be part time fans, especially as not a single one think Harris is a good appointment.

Stop sitting in judgement of other people just because you have a different opinion to them

So does that mean you were slagging Ole off while he was employed by us?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

I would always support British managers getting jobs in our leagues over someone from abroad. With regard to the rest of what you say, I would refer you to my reply above to BBB, you are a golden example of what I was referring to.
    Ah, so you're a xenophobe. Bit weird for someone who supports a club based in Wales but owned and controlled by Malaysians, but there we go.

Your reply to BBB has no relevance whatsoever to the question I asked.

You said: "Harris is young, British, experienced at this level, played for the club, believes in developing the academy and bringing young players through or in other words just the type of manager everyone was crying out for previously."

I asked: Does that include you? Were you crying out for a manager like Harris previously, or were you continually defending the dinosaur he eventually replaced?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Whilst the Op's late night Thursday rather than early morning Friday opinion might have been over the top it doesn't mean that Harris has been faultless in his tactics or team selections with the available resources. When you witness first hand the first half performance against Birmingham and the dismantling at QPR then many may think that boos and chants of "Harris sort it out" are the right response rather than slavish devotion regardless of what you are seeing with your own eyes.

I think lots of fans are disillusioned with what the team had become under Warnock and feel that teams with lesser resources are passing us by in the type of football they are playing. Harris, I think unfairly, gets the backlash from people who want to spend their hard earned money on something that quickens the pulses rather than a slightly more refined version of the same. He gets stick for what he was not, a manager with a major change of style to the previous one, rather than for what he is or isn't achieving.

If they trudge down the ground expecting to be bored and finding it happening time after time then I don't begrudge them finding other things to do with their time and money and I certainly wouldn't badge them wholesale as part-timers in the way you just have.
    I agree with some of what you say in the first two paragraphs but what is needed here is a degree of balance but it is unfortunately sadly lacking in some peoples posts. A few days before we were heavily beaten by QPR, we went to Sheffield Wednesday, played well and won at a team in the play off places, who shortly after beat Leeds but that has been totally forgotten in the furore over the next game and a poor first half at Birmingham. Harris’s record since he has been here isn't bad and I will give any manager time to put his stamp on the team and get it sorted. I don't understand people who stop going when things get tough and believe me over the last fifty years I have seen some rubbish but isn't that all part of being a fan ? - you go with the hope of seeing something better and achieving some success. Bearing that in mind, over the last fifteen years we have absolutely nothing to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes.

Yes.
    Hypocrite

Yes.
    Your a disgusting, part-time, fair-weather fan. You should be ashamed of yourself.

. Bearing that in mind, over the last fifteen years we have absolutely nothing to complain about.
    Rebrand, Russell Slade football and Neil Warnock hoofball are 3 reasons to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Ah, so you're a xenophobe. Bit weird for someone who supports a club based in Wales but owned and controlled by Malaysians, but there we go.

Your reply to BBB has no relevance whatsoever to the question I asked.

You said: "Harris is young, British, experienced at this level, played for the club, believes in developing the academy and bringing young players through or in other words just the type of manager everyone was crying out for previously."

I asked: Does that include you? Were you crying out for a manager like Harris previously, or were you continually defending the dinosaur he eventually replaced?
    Well, you have made it quite clear over the last 7 or 8 years that you don't like our Malaysian owners, so using your logic that makes you a Xenophobe. I wasn't ‘crying out’ for anyone to replace Neil Warnock at all but now he has gone I will support Harris whilst he is trying to reshape the team. I support British managers not because I am a Xenophobe but because far too often young talented British managers or ex players are over looked in favour of bigger name people from abroad, who don't know our league system or players well and subsequently fail spectacularly as a result e.g Solskjaer here. The same argument can be used about foreign players that come here stopping young British players from developing properly but I dare say you think everybody who raises that is a Xenophobe as well. PS. My reply to BBB is totally relevant because it describes you to a tee.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Rebrand, Russell Slade football and Neil Warnock hoofball are 3 reasons to complain.
    Plus we have been in the Championship continually, Premier League twice, League Cup Final, FA Cup final, two other Wembley appearances, various play offs, played in front of 30000 crowds in a new stadium and never come close to being relegated to League One. It really is all bad isn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Ok superfan, you shoot your keyboard off at every opportunity because you're of course a cast iron, guilt edge fan.

To reinforce your case, please state 10 reasons why you think that you're more of a fan than my 27 year old son who has only been to see City play 3 times this season, who is obviously a part time fan. Or for that matter any of the other 8 members of my family who've I've introduced to City who by definition must be part time fans, especially as not a single one think Harris is a good appointment.

Stop sitting in judgement of other people just because you have a different opinion to them
    Posts like this are the reason he does what he does. Don't add any fuel the fire can't burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Hypocrite
    Don't think so. Contrary to popular opinion on here, I don't just blindly support any manager we have. I do blindly support Cardiff City however and am proud of that. I wasn't posting on here when OGS was in charge anyway, so how would anybody know what I thought about his management abilities.

Well, you have made it quite clear over the last 7 or 8 years that you don't like our Malaysian owners, so using your logic that makes you a Xenophobe. I wasn't ‘crying out’ for anyone to replace Neil Warnock at all but now he has gone I will support Harris whilst he is trying to reshape the team. I support British managers not because I am a Xenophobe but because far too often young talented British managers or ex players are over looked in favour of bigger name people from abroad, who don't know our league system or players well and subsequently fail spectacularly as a result e.g Solskjaer here. The same argument can be used about foreign players that come here stopping young British players from developing properly but I dare say you think everybody who raises that is a Xenophobe as well. PS. My reply to BBB is totally relevant because it describes you to a tee.
    There are many reasons I dislike the owner, but his nationality is not one of them.

Of course you weren't crying out for anyone to replace Warnock. Therefore, your claim that everyone was crying out for a manager like Harris is clearly nonsense, like pretty much everything else you post on here.

For instance, your notion that Solskjaer doesn't know the British league system or players is completely idiotic considering that the man spent eleven years as a player at Manchester United and three years as their reserve team manager.

Don't think so. Contrary to popular opinion on here, I don't just blindly support any manager we have. I do blindly support Cardiff City however and am proud of that. I wasn't posting on here when OGS was in charge anyway, so how would anybody know what I thought about his management abilities.
    ASL sexi huni xoxo

i wasn't posting on here when OGS was in charge anyway, so how would anybody know what I thought about his management abilities.
    Because you just told us you were slagging him off when he was manager?