+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harris.....

Re: Harris.....

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Plus we have been in the Championship continually, Premier League twice, League Cup Final, FA Cup final, two other Wembley appearances, various play offs, played in front of 30000 crowds in a new stadium and never come close to being relegated to League One. It really is all bad isn't it.
    I didnt say it was all bad. You said we had no reason to complain in the last 15 years. I just gave you 3 reasons.

Plus 2 relegations, so make that 5 reasons to complain.

Don't think so. Contrary to popular opinion on here, I don't just blindly support any manager we have. I do blindly support Cardiff City however and am proud of that. I wasn't posting on here when OGS was in charge anyway, so how would anybody know what I thought about his management abilities.
    If you were critical of OGS when he was CCFC's manager, why are you so derogatory about those who dare to be critical of Harris? Isn't that a shade hypocritical?

Weren't we close to relegation when Warnock took over and saved us?

Oh wait that doesn't work here, let's change the tune to suit 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Ok superfan, you shoot your keyboard off at every opportunity because you're of course a cast iron, guilt edge fan.

To reinforce your case, please state 10 reasons why you think that you're more of a fan than my 27 year old son who has only been to see City play 3 times this season, who is obviously a part time fan. Or for that matter any of the other 8 members of my family who've I've introduced to City who by definition must be part time fans, especially as not a single one think Harris is a good appointment.

Stop sitting in judgement of other people just because you have a different opinion to them
    I am a fan but not a super-fan, as you put it. I just go to as many games as I can, enjoy it and support the club generally and team/manager, whoever it is. I have said before that Harris would not have been my first choice to replace Warnock but also that now he is here I will support him and give him a reasonable time to sort everything out. People who only go to a few games a season because of finance, work commitments or where they live are no different to me or anyone else who follows the team but people who stop going or only go occasionally because they choose to as they don't like the players, manager or way the team plays and then moan continually about it are by definition, part time fans.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Weren't we close to relegation when Warnock took over and saved us?

Oh wait that doesn't work here, let's change the tune to suit ��
    Every time you post you make yourself look even more stupid than the last time. Where did we finish at the end of each Championship season since 2005 - have a look, you might learn something. I will give you a clue, it is no lower than 13th.

I am a fan but not a super-fan, as you put it. I just go to as many games as I can, enjoy it and support the club generally and team/manager, whoever it is. I have said before that Harris would not have been my first choice to replace Warnock but also that now he is here I will support him and give him a reasonable time to sort everything out. People who only go to a few games a season because of finance, work commitments or where they live are no different to me or anyone else who follows the team but people who stop going or only go occasionally because they choose to as they don't like the players, manager or way the team plays and then moan continually about it are by definition, part time fans.
    Apart from Solkjaer you obviously meant!

What I think we should all be able to agree on is that there’s a malaise (no pun intended!) around the club, like it’s a sick puppy.
    The football has been dire all season and there’s nothing entertaining about watching the team.
    For me, I don’t think throwing money at the problem is going to fix things, as we’ve already seen how that’s turned out.
    I also believe that the club needs to set out its stall and communicate its strategy, rather than us rely on Harris’ press conferences. This needs to be backed up with action.
    I think the club is missing a trick in that its fan engagement is still not fit for purpose. They could start with getting more involvement in the Youth teams and the Women’s team and need to bring back the fan forums, with manager & player Q&As. It also feels like the board are silent, even though they may be working hard.
    Being a fan means caring about the club, which doesn’t have to mean that you attend matches.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    If you were critical of OGS when he was CCFC's manager, why are you so derogatory about those who dare to be critical of Harris? Isn't that a shade hypocritical?
    There is a big difference between criticising a manager or disagreeing with his team choices/tactics and doing a character assassination on him whilst asking for him to be sacked after about 12 games in charge. Plus Solskjaer had never managed at any level in this country before he came here and clearly didn't know what he was doing i.e. he was out of his depth.

There is a big difference between criticising a manager or disagreeing with his team choices/tactics and doing a character assassination on him whilst asking for him to be sacked after about 12 games in charge. Plus Solskjaer had never managed at any level in this country before he came here and clearly didn't know what he was doing i.e. he was out of his depth.
    In your opinion. And that's all it is. Your opinion. However, you want to jump all over others simply because their opinions differ from yours.

As you were so opposed to Solskjaer and believed he was totally unsuitable to manage Cardiff City, I presume you were also irritated by the people who chose to employ him?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Apart from Solkjaer you obviously meant!
    Solskjaer was here over 8 months and in charge for 30 games during which we averaged 1 point a game. The team played like a bunch of strangers with no discernible tactics or belief and some of our player signing were weird beyond belief. I therefore broke the habit of a lifetime and decided enough was enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Rebrand, Russell Slade football and Neil Warnock hoofball are 3 reasons to complain.
    The ridiculous appointment of OGS. All the wasted money. And two relegations.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    What I think we should all be able to agree on is that there’s a malaise (no pun intended!) around the club, like it’s a sick puppy.
    The football has been dire all season and there’s nothing entertaining about watching the team.
    For me, I don’t think throwing money at the problem is going to fix things, as we’ve already seen how that’s turned out.
    I also believe that the club needs to set out its stall and communicate its strategy, rather than us rely on Harris’ press conferences. This needs to be backed up with action.
    I think the club is missing a trick in that its fan engagement is still not fit for purpose. They could start with getting more involvement in the Youth teams and the Women’s team and need to bring back the fan forums, with manager & player Q&As. It also feels like the board are silent, even though they may be working hard.
    Being a fan means caring about the club, which doesn’t have to mean that you attend matches.
    Malaise is spot on. It's uninspiring & unambitious. We went through decades of uninspiring because that was our place in football. The last 15 years have lifted the expectation and taken to the brink of being a side who could match a Burnley, Brighton or even Leicester but City seem content not to reach for it and as someone else wrote, be bang average. Season ticket sales will be the barometer of progress and a 25% reduction is easily on the cards as City bore their fans into submission!

Solskjaer was here over 8 months and in charge for 30 games during which we averaged 1 point a game. The team played like a bunch of strangers with no discernible tactics or belief and some of our player signing were weird beyond belief. I therefore broke the habit of a lifetime and decided enough was enough.
    Hypocrite

I think most of us thought that the appointment of Neil Harris was unambitious at least. Nothing the team has done since he's taken over has done nothing to change my mind. But if the coffers are as bare has been reported well there is not a lot that he can do.

as someone said above the club is in a mess and that really isn't down to Neil Harris. He can only pee with the willy he's got.

I've disagreed with his team selection and a lot of his substitutions but I think we just have to be patient. I don't think anyone expects us to play Liverpool type football but we should be getting something better than we have seen this season. We are struggling to compete with very average sides, that shouldn't be happening to a team that competed well in a number of games in the Premier League.

Of course, the likes of Morrison, Manga, Fabio and Pilkington proved to be absolute disasters, whilst Daehli and Burgstaller never went on to bigger and better things. On the other hand, Gary Madine, Lee Camp, Will Vaulks, Greg Cunningham, Joe Day, Bobby Reid, Robert Glatzel and Isaac Vassell have all been irreplaceable assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Malaise is spot on. It's uninspiring & unambitious. We went through decades of uninspiring because that was our place in football. The last 15 years have lifted the expectation and taken to the brink of being a side who could match a Burnley, Brighton or even Leicester but City seem content not to reach for it and as someone else wrote, be bang average. Season ticket sales will be the barometer of progress and a 25% reduction is easily on the cards as City bore their fans into submission!
    We have failed to paint it black.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    ....just a Poundland Neil Warnock.

A beyond shocking appointment.

Regardless what many may have said about Hughes, Pulis, Hughton, Jokanovic, they were all proven at this level and would have attracted decent players who’d have believed in them, to take the team up.

Harris has no such standing, he’ll attract even poorer quality than we have now. We’ll ultimately become a bottom third/fighting relegation team, under him.

Those who say he deserves a few transfer windows, rubbish. There are some very decent players in the squad.

Rowatt walked in to Millwall on the cusp of the relegation places, and has transformed them to shoot above us and in touching distance of the Playoffs. And he has a terrible squad, but the difference is, he’s clearly a decent coach.

Harris was a shocking appointment and done nothing to deserve a job of this magnitude.

The club will haemorrhage thousands of season tickets next season by keeping him, including mine.

HARRIS OUT!
    Based on this season, I think we have 3 decent outfield players in the squad - Ralls, Hoilett and Tomlin. Ralls has missed a lot of games due to injury and for some reason Hoilett's performances have dropped off significantly since Harris took over. We've been relying on Tomlin to almost single-handedly create or score goals.

The majority of the players in our squad are no better than mediocre. Some of them are very occasionally brilliant. A few of them simply aren't good enough.

Warnock has left Harris very little to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Your a disgusting, part-time, fair-weather fan. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    You’re 🙄

Harris is a cheap bridging manager , safe pair of hands whilst the club manages the departure strategy of our ageing , under performing , expensively paid , squad.

Every time you post you make yourself look even more stupid than the last time. Where did we finish at the end of each Championship season since 2005 - have a look, you might learn something. I will give you a clue, it is no lower than 13th.
    Did you or did you not say he saved us?

You remind me a bit of William tresseder.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The ridiculous appointment of OGS
    Was it ridiculous? It's a genuine question. We all seemed to think it was a good idea at the time.

I mean obviously he turned out to be comically inept, but unless I'm getting this wrong it was generally considered to be a good appointment at the time and under the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Was it ridiculous? It's a genuine question. We all seemed to think it was a good idea at the time.

I mean obviously he turned out to be comically inept, but unless I'm getting this wrong it was generally considered to be a good appointment at the time and under the circumstances.
    About as ridiculous as his appointment at Man U.

I didn't think it was a good appointment at all. I wanted Malky to stay, but it was obvious he was on his way out. Tan should have sacked him sooner and brought Pulis in. It was an obvious decision staring Tan in the face, but he even ****ed that up. I think Pulis took Palace from bottom to an 11th place finish.

The fact we are 25 days into a transfer window with no additions to the squad and a few outgoing tells you what type of appointment Harris is.

He is a Warnock-Slade hybrid in that he has been brought in to trim the wage bill and get rid of the dead wood while being able to achieve reasonable result with a team well versed in the Warnock/Harris style.

I fully expect there to be a large drop off in season ticket sales as fans show the same level of ambition and effort the club have done.

We know mate.

You've told us.

Seven thousand times.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We know mate.

You've told us.

Seven thousand times.
    You talking to me?

If so I haven't mentioned the transfer window. I've not mentioned that he is here to trim the deadwood but I have made comparisons with Warnock (but not Slade before my previous post).

As you were.