+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Isn't the situation far more nuanced than that? Schools closures may yet come into force but it's not considered appropriate at this juncture?
    Nuanced because they have to balance economic impact with people's lives? I agree that is what is going on, if you mean that. It will be too late by the time we reach the 'do something' stage. Maybe it is too late already but people should at least be given the opportunity. One of my team at work is vulnerable to this and also has a disabled daughter who is really likely to die if she gets it, my workplace won't do anything (even on a case by case basis) until there is some meaningful government advice.

I get the impression that the decision has been made that we can't stop it so any attempt that causes a negative economic impact would just be wasted. That doesn't take into account the fact that if empowered to do so, people can take individual steps as they see fit.

Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Nuanced because they have to balance economic impact with people's lives? I agree that is what is going on, if you mean that. It will be too late by the time we reach the 'do something' stage. Maybe it is too late already but people should at least be given the opportunity. One of my team at work is vulnerable to this and also has a disabled daughter who is really likely to die if she gets it, my workplace won't do anything (even on a case by case basis) until there is some meaningful government advice.

I get the impression that the decision has been made that we can't stop it so any attempt that causes a negative economic impact would just be wasted. That doesn't take into account the fact that if empowered to do so, people can take individual steps as they see fit.
    Some people are complaining that enough isn't being done right now and others that it's all OTT. It's a fine balance that needs to be struck by the powers-that-be.