+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Further evidence of this insanity was provided today by the fact that all 3 main stock indices in the USA rose by about 6%. This despite the number of COVID cases reaching 82,000, the highest for a single country. 1100 deaths. With Easter just 2 weeks away the numbers will surely rocket up in that time. But Mr Trump says it will be back to normal by Easter, so no worries.

Deckchairs on the Titanic comes to mind.
    After pissing China off he will probably sign a joint deal to save the world and make bags of dosh for the USA

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I said it's not serious at this point in time. People are becoming hysterical about what may or may not happen. It's the Y2K bug all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Hey moron, that was written two weeks before speaker Pelosi attended the public Chinese New Year celebrations in San Francisco, and New York governor Cuomo was telling residents to carry on as normal, and even urged everybody to attend the Madi Gras parades.

Dr. Birx says that anyone who dies with coronavirus, regardless of any underlying health condition, is being counted as a death from coronavirus.

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/stat...73441139949569

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Dr. Birx says that anyone who dies with coronavirus, regardless of any underlying health condition, is being counted as a death from coronavirus.

Need to play a bit of catch up on this Nels as it is so March. Your mucker's line of the flu would normally have taken these people or they would have died anyway so let's get the economy motoring has long sinced moved on.

Now it's all about compassion where poor souls die on placebos rather than get the miracle cure and anyone who doesn't care that these people are human beings not statistics is dispicable (sic) and sad.

Suggest you liaise behind the scenes and come back when you are back on message.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Need to play a bit of catch up on this Nels as it is so March. Your mucker's line of the flu would normally have taken these people or they would have died anyway so let's get the economy motoring has long sinced moved on.

Now it's all about compassion where poor souls die on placebos rather than get the miracle cure and anyone who doesn't care that these people are human beings not statistics is dispicable (sic) and sad.

Suggest you liaise behind the scenes and come back when you are back on message.
    I watched doc birx say it live last night, unsure what you mean?

I watched doc birx say it live last night, unsure what you mean?
    Apologies Nels, you were on message. I hadn't realised that Gluey had pivoted back to its just like flu, they were dying anyway so lets start packing those shopping malls quite so soon after the "poor souls" phase. You have to have a little sympathy with my predicament, it's not easy to keep up!

In 2014 I came across a discussion at another forum concerning forecasts found at deagel.com (http://www.deagel.com/). Deagel was and is a respected military/intelligence resource judging from every review I've read.

The discussion surrounded what's found in a small corner of that site which appears unrelated to the rest of its content. What excited debate was its forecasts for how the economy of every country worldwide would look like in the year 2025 compared to how they were then. Back in 2014 I recall it said the UK's population was 64 million and would fall by half to 32 million 11 years hence. Its economy would also suffer a huge decline. I forget those numbers but were horrendous. The worst performing out of all 208 planet wide was the USA. The pattern of the forecasts were plain: all white majority Western countries were headed for big trouble. In the absence of any methodology used by those who compiled the forecasts, most concluded that there had to be a connection with mass immigration and, likely, internal civil strife.

Six years on and an explanation can be found there for why they expect such a decline. It is mass emigration.

Today, Blighty's prospects are quite abysmal (http://www.deagel.com/country/United-Kingdom_c0209.aspx) with a 2025 population of 15 million, representing a 78% fall from the current 66 million and an equally astounding 92% drop in GDP. Those declines are worse in percentage terms than every other country, whose numbers are here: http://www.deagel.com/country/foreca...t=GDP&ord=DESC

The best I can come up with for people fleeing Britain, USA, etc, in their umpteen millions is that the purchasing power of those currencies will crater. I surmise the great majority of Blighty's remaining 15 million residents will be State Pensioners and the disabled who the state will still be able to offer reduced support to through the benefit system.

Don't you look at those numbers and think "it must be bollcocks then", given that it's more than half way through the period and nothing of the sort has happened.

The population of the UK will be 15 million in five years time...

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    In 2014 I came across a discussion at another forum concerning forecasts found at deagel.com (http://www.deagel.com/). Deagel was and is a respected military/intelligence resource judging from every review I've read.

The discussion surrounded what's found in a small corner of that site which appears unrelated to the rest of its content. What excited debate was its forecasts for how the economy of every country worldwide would look like in the year 2025 compared to how they were then. Back in 2014 I recall it said the UK's population was 64 million and would fall by half to 32 million 11 years hence. Its economy would also suffer a huge decline. I forget those numbers but were horrendous. The worst performing out of all 208 planet wide was the USA. The pattern of the forecasts were plain: all white majority Western countries were headed for big trouble. In the absence of any methodology used by those who compiled the forecasts, most concluded that there had to be a connection with mass immigration and, likely, internal civil strife.

Six years on and an explanation can be found there for why they expect such a decline. It is mass emigration.

Today, Blighty's prospects are quite abysmal (http://www.deagel.com/country/United-Kingdom_c0209.aspx) with a 2025 population of 15 million, representing a 78% fall from the current 66 million and an equally astounding 92% drop in GDP. Those declines are worse in percentage terms than every other country, whose numbers are here: http://www.deagel.com/country/foreca...t=GDP&ord=DESC

The best I can come up with for people fleeing Britain, USA, etc, in their umpteen millions is that the purchasing power of those currencies will crater. I surmise the great majority of Blighty's remaining 15 million residents will be State Pensioners and the disabled who the state will still be able to offer reduced support to through the benefit system.
    Where are they fleeing to, The EU?

I provided the link to all countries. If you get a sugar rush then you'll be able to discover for yourself which populations will increase.

They are basing those projections off of 2017 numbers. There's a world population drop of 500 million for 2025: 7.4 billion down to 6.9 billion. Which is made more curious with current events.

I provided the link to all countries. If you get a sugar rush then you'll be able to discover for yourself which populations will increase.

They are basing those projections off of 2017 numbers. There's a world population drop of 500 million for 2025: 7.4 billion down to 6.9 billion. Which is made more curious with current events.
    Earlier you were scoffing at the covid death figures. Now they're going to contribute to a 500 million drop in population

You are putting words in my mouth, Cyril. I just noticed new Yank unemployment claims for the week was 6 million, making it 16 million new claims over the past three weeks. Two of their top officials forecast the unemployment rate there hitting 30% and 32%, respectively, by the end of June. I think I stated some weeks back that at the depths of the Great Depression there in 1933 or 1934 the highest unemployment rate they saw was 24.9%. The point I'm lumbering towards is that it's sensible to discount nothing these days.

You are putting words in my mouth, Cyril. I just noticed new Yank unemployment claims for the week was 6 million, making it 16 million new claims over the past three weeks. Two of their top officials forecast the unemployment rate there hitting 30% and 32%, respectively, by the end of June. I think I stated some weeks back that at the depths of the Great Depression there in 1933 or 1934 the highest unemployment rate they saw was 24.9%. The point I'm lumbering towards is that it's sensible to discount nothing these days.
    Probably Lardy not me you were answering. I was just wondering where all these desperate UK and US migrants will be going. Bit tricky for people from the UK to settle in most of Europe but I guess the piece was written before the referendum.

Similarly I see from the discussion piece you posted that the expectation was that most US migrants would go to Latin America. Who knew that Trump was actually building a wall to lock those disloyal bastards in eh!

Sorry old boy for mistaking a post made by your pesky nephew for one of your own.

The one criticism I've seen often repeated of that site is it's 'deep state', presumably meaning a disinfo one. I still find it intriguing though.

These two news articles will delight the most ardent of lockdown fans.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...fined-21838851

Shoppers claim they're being fined for buying 'non-essentials' like wine and crisps

People on social media are claiming that they, or someone they know, have been fined for heading out to buy items considered 'non-essential' during the coronavirus lockdown

Shoppers are claiming they have been fined by police for leaving the house to buy items considered 'non-essential' - including wine and snacks.

Since the UK went into lockdown on March 23, rules have restricted freedom of movement, with just a handful of exceptions including the allowance of one form of outdoor exercise a day.

The announcement also permitted people to leave the house to shop for 'basic necessities' - but the rules seems to have caused some confusion with no clear guidelines on what is considered to be a 'basic necessity', as reported by Edinburgh Live.

Those breaking the conditions were warned that police would have the power to enforce the measures through fines and dispersing gatherings.

One shopper has said she was fined £30 after her shopping bags were checked, saying: "I was walking through Holyrood Park (in Edinburgh) on Sunday afternoon on my way back from Morrisons. Two officers asked to look inside my bag, and then fined me for only having crisps, other snacks and a bottle of wine."

However, it was reported she had also admitted to refuse to comply with the officers' requests to return home straight away.

A resident from West Lothian tweeted to say they knew two people who had been fined; a nurse in uniform leaving a patient's house and another leaving a shop with just a bottle of wine.

A similar tweet stated: "A friend of my daughter was fined £30 on the spot in Edinburgh the other night having just bought wine and snacks, both of which are non-essential. Still seems a bit draconian to me."

Warrington Police force tweeted a week after the lockdown was imposed to say six people in the area had already been summoned for offences relating to the new coronavirus legislation to protect the public.

It stated it included 'multiple people from the same household going to the shops for non-essential items', as well as others going for a drive due to boredom and returning from parties.

A different force tweeted to say it was disappointed to find people out buying compost and other garden items it deemed non-essential.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/09/polic...ents-container

Police threaten to search shopping trolleys to check you’re only buying essentials

The police may start checking shopping trolleys to make sure people are only buying essentials amid the Covid-19 lockdown, one police chief has threatened. Chief Constable Nick Adderley, of Northamptonshire Police, said his force is only ‘a few days away’ from introducing the extreme measures. Other enforcement action being considered are road blocks to stop people travelling and flouting coronavirus regulations, he said.

CC Adderley admitted that government guidance has been ‘really ambiguous’ and he has therefore asked his officers to ‘use common sense’ in how they approach the public. There are fears that good weather over the extended bank holiday weekend will see record numbers of the public breaking social distancing rules.

Speaking at a press conference today, the chief constable said a ‘three-week grace period’ is over in the county and the force will now be issuing fines and arresting people breaking the rules. Strict measures to be implemented could include ‘marshalling’ supermarkets and checking the items in baskets and trolleys, he said.

Police have come under criticism for being too heavy handed in their response to the government’s guidance after being given new powers to enforce distancing measures. But CC Adderley claims forces ‘damned if you do, damned if you don’t’ when it comes to policing the new rules but that guidance on how to police the rules ‘could be clearer’.

He said: ‘I really need to emphasise the point, this is about saving people’s lives, this is the really serious end of what we do. ‘The role of the police is to preserve lives and protect property and we have to do that and we will do that.

‘If things don’t improve, and we don’t get the compliance we would expect, then the next stage will be road blocks and it will be stopping people to ask why they are going, where they’re going. ‘This is about reasonableness and if people are not reasonable in terms of the journeys and the trips they are taking, they are going to fall foul of the law.

‘We will not, at this stage, be setting up road blocks. We will not, at this stage, start to marshal supermarkets and checking the items in baskets and trolleys to see whether it’s a legitimate, necessary item. ‘But again, be under no illusion, if people do not heed the warnings and the pleas I’m making today, we will start to do that.’ His comments have been backed up by Met Police Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick who earlier said that people who refuse to leave public spaces during the current lockdown, when asked by police, ‘will be forced to do so’.

Following news of people going against restrictions and sunbathing in parks, she said the public will be encouraged to abide by the rules and, if necessary, asked to move on. Breaking the rules on gatherings can result in enforcement, Dame Cressida said.

On the clarity of government guidance on policing the regulations, Mr Adderley said: ‘The law itself in terms of the five or six points that have come out in terms of the Coronavirus Bill – they are quite simple in terms of their narrative. ‘But the interpretation of that is very, very difficult. The issue about, what is a necessary item, only go out for necessities – what is a necessity?

‘If we’re stopping somebody because they’ve bought a barbecue set or they’ve bought a child’s toy, you could argue that’s not necessary. ‘On the other hand, you could argue it absolutely is necessary – because in terms of the mental health and trying to keep people entertained over this period of lockdown, that is very necessary. ‘So the nuances and the interpretation is really ambiguous – that’s why I’m saying to officers, use your common sense, use your discretion. I think the guidance could be even clearer, but it’s where do you draw the line?’

No proof required either, as it can also be assumed without testing. Its a very liberal approach to recording the cause of death, as Dr Birx herself pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    No proof required either, as it can also be assumed without testing. Its a very liberal approach to recording the cause of death, as Dr Birx herself pointed out.
    This is a strange one and something I've thought could be occurring :

""CDC data for past 4 weeks shows US deaths from pneumonia/flu are down 2,987 from a 5-yr average. With Covid deaths now at 12,064, this could indicate that about 25% of Covid deaths would have occurred anyway and in any other year been categorized as "pneumonia and flu" deaths""

It is not unreasonable to consider that folk have sadly died from Coronavirus may have fallen victim to pneumonia/flu especially the elderly and vulnerable ???

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    This is a strange one and something I've thought could be occurring :

""CDC data for past 4 weeks shows US deaths from pneumonia/flu are down 2,987 from a 5-yr average. With Covid deaths now at 12,064, this could indicate that about 25% of Covid deaths would have occurred anyway and in any other year been categorized as "pneumonia and flu" deaths""

It is not unreasonable to consider that folk have sadly died from Coronavirus may have fallen victim to pneumonia/flu especially the elderly and vulnerable ???
    I don't want to speculate at this point in time, but the figures are certainly open to manipulation. It may eventually come down to comparing the total deaths against the average year on year figures, but by the time that happens the global economy could already be in tatters, with tens or hundreds of million people either dead or destitute all around the world.

These two news articles will delight the most ardent of lockdown fans.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...fined-21838851

Shoppers claim they're being fined for buying 'non-essentials' like wine and crisps

People on social media are claiming that they, or someone they know, have been fined for heading out to buy items considered 'non-essential' during the coronavirus lockdown

Shoppers are claiming they have been fined by police for leaving the house to buy items considered 'non-essential' - including wine and snacks.

Since the UK went into lockdown on March 23, rules have restricted freedom of movement, with just a handful of exceptions including the allowance of one form of outdoor exercise a day.

The announcement also permitted people to leave the house to shop for 'basic necessities' - but the rules seems to have caused some confusion with no clear guidelines on what is considered to be a 'basic necessity', as reported by Edinburgh Live.

Those breaking the conditions were warned that police would have the power to enforce the measures through fines and dispersing gatherings.

One shopper has said she was fined £30 after her shopping bags were checked, saying: "I was walking through Holyrood Park (in Edinburgh) on Sunday afternoon on my way back from Morrisons. Two officers asked to look inside my bag, and then fined me for only having crisps, other snacks and a bottle of wine."

However, it was reported she had also admitted to refuse to comply with the officers' requests to return home straight away.

A resident from West Lothian tweeted to say they knew two people who had been fined; a nurse in uniform leaving a patient's house and another leaving a shop with just a bottle of wine.

A similar tweet stated: "A friend of my daughter was fined £30 on the spot in Edinburgh the other night having just bought wine and snacks, both of which are non-essential. Still seems a bit draconian to me."

Warrington Police force tweeted a week after the lockdown was imposed to say six people in the area had already been summoned for offences relating to the new coronavirus legislation to protect the public.

It stated it included 'multiple people from the same household going to the shops for non-essential items', as well as others going for a drive due to boredom and returning from parties.

A different force tweeted to say it was disappointed to find people out buying compost and other garden items it deemed non-essential.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/04/09/polic...ents-container

Police threaten to search shopping trolleys to check you’re only buying essentials

The police may start checking shopping trolleys to make sure people are only buying essentials amid the Covid-19 lockdown, one police chief has threatened. Chief Constable Nick Adderley, of Northamptonshire Police, said his force is only ‘a few days away’ from introducing the extreme measures. Other enforcement action being considered are road blocks to stop people travelling and flouting coronavirus regulations, he said.

CC Adderley admitted that government guidance has been ‘really ambiguous’ and he has therefore asked his officers to ‘use common sense’ in how they approach the public. There are fears that good weather over the extended bank holiday weekend will see record numbers of the public breaking social distancing rules.

Speaking at a press conference today, the chief constable said a ‘three-week grace period’ is over in the county and the force will now be issuing fines and arresting people breaking the rules. Strict measures to be implemented could include ‘marshalling’ supermarkets and checking the items in baskets and trolleys, he said.

Police have come under criticism for being too heavy handed in their response to the government’s guidance after being given new powers to enforce distancing measures. But CC Adderley claims forces ‘damned if you do, damned if you don’t’ when it comes to policing the new rules but that guidance on how to police the rules ‘could be clearer’.

He said: ‘I really need to emphasise the point, this is about saving people’s lives, this is the really serious end of what we do. ‘The role of the police is to preserve lives and protect property and we have to do that and we will do that.

‘If things don’t improve, and we don’t get the compliance we would expect, then the next stage will be road blocks and it will be stopping people to ask why they are going, where they’re going. ‘This is about reasonableness and if people are not reasonable in terms of the journeys and the trips they are taking, they are going to fall foul of the law.

‘We will not, at this stage, be setting up road blocks. We will not, at this stage, start to marshal supermarkets and checking the items in baskets and trolleys to see whether it’s a legitimate, necessary item. ‘But again, be under no illusion, if people do not heed the warnings and the pleas I’m making today, we will start to do that.’ His comments have been backed up by Met Police Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick who earlier said that people who refuse to leave public spaces during the current lockdown, when asked by police, ‘will be forced to do so’.

Following news of people going against restrictions and sunbathing in parks, she said the public will be encouraged to abide by the rules and, if necessary, asked to move on. Breaking the rules on gatherings can result in enforcement, Dame Cressida said.

On the clarity of government guidance on policing the regulations, Mr Adderley said: ‘The law itself in terms of the five or six points that have come out in terms of the Coronavirus Bill – they are quite simple in terms of their narrative. ‘But the interpretation of that is very, very difficult. The issue about, what is a necessary item, only go out for necessities – what is a necessity?

‘If we’re stopping somebody because they’ve bought a barbecue set or they’ve bought a child’s toy, you could argue that’s not necessary. ‘On the other hand, you could argue it absolutely is necessary – because in terms of the mental health and trying to keep people entertained over this period of lockdown, that is very necessary. ‘So the nuances and the interpretation is really ambiguous – that’s why I’m saying to officers, use your common sense, use your discretion. I think the guidance could be even clearer, but it’s where do you draw the line?’
    I presume all those claiming to have been fined or knowing someone that was fined can produce the paperwork proving the fine was issued?

WHO warned of transmission risk in January, despite Trump claims:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e-trump-claims

Japan removing manufacturing plants from China, bringing "in house" so to speak.

Sense a lot of other nations will do the same.

Governments in UK routinely pushed uni degrees as be all and end all - they aren't - maybe this'll give a push for equivalent vocational schemes to be prioritised.

Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
    Japan removing manufacturing plants from China, bringing "in house" so to speak.

Sense a lot of other nations will do the same.

Governments in UK routinely pushed uni degrees as be all and end all - they aren't - maybe this'll give a push for equivalent vocational schemes to be prioritised.
    Ooooh very Trump like.

Com'on UK do the same bring the jobs home

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    WHO warned of transmission risk in January, despite Trump claims:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e-trump-claims
    Global flying and trading = greater risk and spread

https://mol.im/a/8139491

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ooooh very Trump like.

Com'on UK do the same bring the jobs home
    Nothing to do with Trump.

Governments focused on uni degrees to the point that most degrees these days are devalued. Polys became Unis, more people have a degree then the less it actually means. Plenty of college lecturers have never worked in the real world so theoretical rather than practical can dominate.

I think UK should remove offshoring for activities. IT offshoring hasn't worked, that's pretty much evidence. I'd like to see us building up our manufacturing sector and I think the education sector needs to reflect that. Practical qualifications need to be massively improved.