Click here for Cardiff City personalised gift shop
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Results 151 to 171 of 171

Thread: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

  1. #151

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I posted an entire news article about China's mandatory vaccination program slated to begin December 1 last year further up this page.

    Global commerce will slow to a crawl in the months ahead because of the volume and breadth of what China produces, or used to. At best a deep recession is headed our way, maybe a depression. Joblessness and poverty levels will rocket.
    Apologies Organ, I haven't spent years immersing myself in these crackpot theories so I don't grasp them straight away. So when you said China had passed a vaccine law about eight months ago, you meant they were 'administering bad vaccines' and released the virus to cover this (somehow). Maybe I need the dots joined up for me, or then again, maybe I really don't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I missed your query re contrived pin. That's the beauty of it, nobody's seen wielding it. It can be scapegoated as an act of God. I guess the Chinese will have to start bumping their number of deaths up soon to help justify why it continues to lock down half its population and wreck its economy.

    I saw mentioned elsewhere that Israel has its first coronavirus case. It's mutated from an Asian only virus to an anti-Semitic one too.
    Has it mutated? Was it ever an Asian only virus? Or was that one of your smart theories? If a virus that was almost entirely in China was only killing Chinese people, then it must be Asian only. Luckily you're quick on your feet with amendments!

  2. #152

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    My dear fellow, I'm just speculating. I've referenced twice in this thread that the consensus figure is 60 million that the Chinese Communist Party deliberately culled its population of in the 1950s. You appear to believe the same Communist Party is above murdering its citizens today via compulsory vaccine shots. Its vassal state next door in North Korea is its major rival in the inhumanity stakes. Perhaps that's just a coincidence in your world? The anti-Semitic remark was an attempt at humour. Although as far as I'm aware those of Asian origin are those particularly susceptible to death from CV infection.

    You and some others here seem determined to ignore the gathering and imminent economic crap storm that's about to envelop the globe. Pay little attention of the danger to your health to concentrate on mitigating the effects of the assault on your wealth otherwise you'll regret being gripped by crippling inertia.

  3. #153

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    My dear fellow, I'm just speculating. I've referenced twice in this thread that the consensus figure is 60 million that the Chinese Communist Party deliberately culled its population of in the 1950s. You appear to believe the same Communist Party is above murdering its citizens today via compulsory vaccine shots. Its vassal state next door in North Korea is its major rival in the inhumanity stakes. Perhaps that's just a coincidence in your world? The anti-Semitic remark was an attempt at humour. Although as far as I'm aware those of Asian origin are those particularly susceptible to death from CV infection.

    You and some others here seem determined to ignore the gathering and imminent economic crap storm that's about to envelop the globe. Pay little attention of the danger to your health to concentrate on mitigating the effects of the assault on your wealth otherwise you'll regret being gripped by crippling inertia.
    A lot of assumptions there, organ. A lot of assumptions.

    As I said earlier in the thread, it's wrong to suggest that just because I think it's a dumbass suggestion/speculation that China made and released the virus themselves that I'm in some kind of thrall to their government. And also you may be interested to learn that the coronavirus is directly affecting my own job. I expect it to get a lot worse before it gets better. But thanks for your lessons on the economic impact.

  4. #154

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    Tricky switching employment in anticipation of a downturn, I'll give in there.

    I was however suggesting other precautions such as stocking up on grub and other essentials, having enough cash on hand to last for several weeks and only having sufficient dough in bank accounts to cover bills.

  5. #155

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Tricky switching employment in anticipation of a downturn, I'll give in there.

    I was however suggesting other precautions such as stocking up on grub and other essentials, having enough cash on hand to last for several weeks and only having sufficient dough in bank accounts to cover bills.
    Who's switching employment? I assumed you were retired with a lot of time on your hands.

  6. #156

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    I was referring to you, not me. Yes, I called it quits at 50.

  7. #157

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    I'm not switching employment.

  8. #158

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    Should you have a change of heart then for a lucrative new career path I'd recommend a switch to insolvency services, debt collecting, the funeral business, or care home industry.

    It seems that stock market participants have begun to get cold feet this morning. When the WHO declare a global pandemic then the rush to the exits will be something to behold.

  9. #159
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    16,584

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?


  10. #160

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

    Time to buy

  11. #161

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Time to buy enough food to last at least a month, fresh water supplies, face masks + gloves, disinfectant, vitamins and medicine.
    Fixed it for you

  12. #162

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Fixed it for you
    AND SHARES

  13. #163

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    There's so many economic doom indicators flashing red presently that it's difficult to keep up. The biggest warning is probably the US government debt markets where both their 10 and 30-year treasury yields reached all-time lows yesterday. Additionally their major stock market dropped 2,000 points (or 6%) during the past two days. Britain's FTSE 100 has also been clobbered and is minus 10% over the past month.

    Is the herd beginning to stir?

    On the virus front, Brazil has reported its first case. Coronavirus: Outbreak spreads in Europe from Italy - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51638095

    In more detailed reports about the Brazil infection, they say it's a 61-year-old who returned from Italy on February 14. We can only guess how many people he had contact with before he was diagnosed yesterday.

    A series of posts by someone who claimed to have insider contacts appeared at a 4chan messageboard late last month. They've since gained a great deal of interest because s/he accurately predicted Italy, by design, would see many infections and stated to watch Brazil carefully because if a major outbreak takes hold there then it would be time to panic. Someone collated those posts into an image file which is here https://imgur.com/wQIpudN for those who care to read them.

  14. #164

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    AND SHARES
    FTSE 100 is declining for a third successive day. It's down 1.45% right now.

  15. #165
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    16,584

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?


  16. #166

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    BREAKING: President Trump calls a press conference to assure the American people that the #Coronavirus has been completely contained, and that there is no legitimate threat to any Americans.

    Video of Trump offering soothing words to US citizens: https://twitter.com/PaulLidicul/stat...21315254292480

  17. #167
    International jon1959's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sheffield - out of Roath
    Posts
    9,232

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    BREAKING: President Trump calls a press conference to assure the American people that the #Coronavirus has been completely contained, and that there is no legitimate threat to any Americans.

    Video of Trump offering soothing words to US citizens: https://twitter.com/PaulLidicul/stat...21315254292480

  18. #168

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/25/whit...ronavirus.html

    The White House said President Trump was referring to the Ebola virus — not the deadly coronavirus — when he claimed that “we’re very close to a vaccine.”

    The Food and Drug Administration announced in December that it had approved a vaccine for the prevention of the Ebola virus.

  19. #169
    International
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    16,584

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?


  20. #170
    First Team Nelsonca61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Melmac, Aldente Nebula, Andromeda Galaxy
    Posts
    3,240

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    One of the third party inspection agencies who visits our place has grounded all their inspectors who have visited Italy on inspection duties in recent weeks, North Italy is a massive hub for engineering, especially forged components.

  21. #171
    First Team Nelsonca61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Melmac, Aldente Nebula, Andromeda Galaxy
    Posts
    3,240

    Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    How Dare You, you have stolen their thunder again
    this is why he uses twitter to communicate

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •