+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

You are putting words in my mouth, Cyril. I just noticed new Yank unemployment claims for the week was 6 million, making it 16 million new claims over the past three weeks. Two of their top officials forecast the unemployment rate there hitting 30% and 32%, respectively, by the end of June. I think I stated some weeks back that at the depths of the Great Depression there in 1933 or 1934 the highest unemployment rate they saw was 24.9%. The point I'm lumbering towards is that it's sensible to discount nothing these days.

Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    You are putting words in my mouth, Cyril. I just noticed new Yank unemployment claims for the week was 6 million, making it 16 million new claims over the past three weeks. Two of their top officials forecast the unemployment rate there hitting 30% and 32%, respectively, by the end of June. I think I stated some weeks back that at the depths of the Great Depression there in 1933 or 1934 the highest unemployment rate they saw was 24.9%. The point I'm lumbering towards is that it's sensible to discount nothing these days.
    Probably Lardy not me you were answering. I was just wondering where all these desperate UK and US migrants will be going. Bit tricky for people from the UK to settle in most of Europe but I guess the piece was written before the referendum.

Similarly I see from the discussion piece you posted that the expectation was that most US migrants would go to Latin America. Who knew that Trump was actually building a wall to lock those disloyal bastards in eh!