Quote Originally Posted by tell it like it is View Post
Nothing to do with Trump.

Governments focused on uni degrees to the point that most degrees these days are devalued. Polys became Unis, more people have a degree then the less it actually means. Plenty of college lecturers have never worked in the real world so theoretical rather than practical can dominate.

I think UK should remove offshoring for activities. IT offshoring hasn't worked, that's pretty much evidence. I'd like to see us building up our manufacturing sector and I think the education sector needs to reflect that. Practical qualifications need to be massively improved.
I would politely disagree , his campaign march in 2016 was very much on that theme where he promised that his steep tariffs on Chinese goods would help bring jobs back to the U.S .

I know it wont work as the world is a bigger economy now but it was his theme and idea to deal with unemployment in the "Rust Belt" which has been in decline since the 80's , its a bit like UK and some parts of Europe , its sold it manufacturing base to India , China and Asia for cheaper white goods and clothing .