+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 27 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

I watched the BBC's 1pm news today and yesterday. Both led with the Coronavirus story. Yesterday they reported 18 people had died from it worldwide, today the total was at 26. "So what?" I thought on both occasions because with a global population of 7.8 billion (UN latest estimate) then it's safe to say far in excess of 26 people per hour, never mind per day, perish in road traffic accidents, or from cancer, obesity and a long list of other reasons.

So which is it, campers?

Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

From the OP's post, I will go with mega doom , it has a Brexit ring to it.

I'm more than worried about the 1.35 million car deaths in one year in 2016 that is one person killed every 25 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I watched the BBC's 1pm news today and yesterday. Both led with the Coronavirus story. Yesterday they reported 18 people had died from it worldwide, today the total was at 26. "So what?" I thought on both occasions because with a global population of 7.8 billion (UN latest estimate) then it's safe to say far in excess of 26 people per hour, never mind per day, perish in road traffic accidents, or from cancer, obesity and a long list of other reasons.

So which is it, campers?
    I suppose the critical difference is that traffic accidents, obesity, cancer etc are not infectious diseases. This could turn out to be either of the same order of severity as flu or SARS or potential mega-doom of sci-fi proportions. With worldwide travel so accessible today, any infectious disease can get around the planet in no time flat. I guess we have been lucky so far in that up to now we have not yet encountered such a mega-doom virus!

Of course Brexit will probably be implicated somewhere along the line.

They mentioned SARS in the news report yesterday. 800 died globally, the reporter stated. In addition to that during the past decade or so we had corporate media being hysterical over bird flu, swine flu and ebola. The grand total of fatalities for this one is now at 41, all of whom are Chinese citizens. I understand why it's top news in China what with them quarantining entire cities, but elsewhere the hype doesn't match reality which makes me suspicious about its real purpose.

Came across a video this morning that was one of a series posted 10 years ago featuring a bloke who claims to have a super secret source who attended super duper secret discussions which formulated a plan for huge global depopulation, one world government, etc. Part two of six is below. Everything in part one didn't happen. Part two is equally wrong as a limited Middle East nuclear exchange followed by a truce as a prelude to what he says at 5:30 is the next step of the dastardly plan also hasn't happened. Though, his remarks about a flu-like virus aimed specifically at China initially is interesting.

No worries OM, it's all been boxed off,

https://twitter.com/ASBreakingNews/s...04589005852672

The thread beneath that video includes the one linked below which purports to be the voice of a panicked and stressed nurse who's overwhelmed by the scale of the outbreak.

If that audio of the nurse is real, and it's a huge if, then the true number infected is 70 times greater than the official total (100k versus 1,400) and the number of dead would be approaching 3k rather than 41 for a mortality rate of close to 3%. However, the containment measures introduced, should they be as reported, would suggest their government has overreacted or have been issuing fake numbers thus far.

It seems as though Mogwyn has been poking his long hooter into this forum.

If that audio of the nurse is real, and it's a huge if, then the true number infected is 70 times greater than the official total (100k versus 1,400) and the number of dead would be approaching 3k rather than 41 for a mortality rate of close to 3%. However, the containment measures introduced, should they be as reported, would suggest their government has overreacted or have been issuing fake numbers thus far.

It seems as though Mogwyn has been poking his long hooter into this forum.
    Oh no the orange one will be be off on one now , if it is fake news .

I continue to be baffled by this coronavirus saga. Each day we get an update of those who have died and have the symptoms. The numbers are minuscule but the alarm peddled is off the charts. Those who have popped off or suffering due to the common cold, flu, pneumonia and bronchitis during the same time frame must be many times more, but corporate media ignore that context.

I've read that the median age of those who have conked out is 74 and all are of Chinese heritage, which makes the hype even more absurdly over the top.

Came across a video this morning that was one of a series posted 10 years ago featuring a bloke who claims to have a super secret source who attended super duper secret discussions which formulated a plan for huge global depopulation, one world government, etc. Part two of six is below. Everything in part one didn't happen. Part two is equally wrong as a limited Middle East nuclear exchange followed by a truce as a prelude to what he says at 5:30 is the next step of the dastardly plan also hasn't happened. Though, his remarks about a flu-like virus aimed specifically at China initially is interesting.

If "they" are clever enough to manufacture a virus that specifically targets Chinese people then why on earth would "they" proceed to unleash nuclear war which has the potential to reduce the human population to zero never mind 500 million!! Why not manufacture different viruses to target African or Indian populations for example? (Assuming "they" are the Anglo Saxons that he is referring to)

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    If "they" are clever enough to manufacture a virus that specifically targets Chinese people then why on earth would "they" proceed to unleash nuclear war which has the potential to reduce the human population to zero never mind 500 million!! Why not manufacture different viruses to target African or Indian populations for example? (Assuming "they" are the Anglo Saxons that he is referring to)
    I've only watched the first two parts. He suggests all the important governments of the world play for the same side behind the scenes and divisions we witness is merely role playing. Nuclear exchanges would be limited in scope; not a worldwide extinction level event. What he stated re the Georgia Guidestones is true - it was constructed anonymously, seemingly by eugenicists.

There's many of them about. Below is a selection of what some of the more famous ones have said or wrote.

“We must speak more clearly about sexuality, contraception, about abortion, about values that control population, because the ecological crisis, in short, is the population crisis. Cut the population by 90% and there aren’t enough people left to do a great deal of ecological damage.” Mikhail Gorbachev.

“In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 people per day.” Jacques Cousteau.

"The world today has 6.8 billion people. That’s heading up to about nine billion. Now if we do a really great job on new vaccines, health care, reproductive health services, we could lower that by perhaps 10 or 15 percent.” Bill Gates.

'If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.' Phil the Greek.

I came across what's below yesterday. The direct link to it is here: http://i.4cdn.org/pol/1580174611646.png

I've been unable to discover who calculated the prediction numbers, what methodology was used and whether the person(s) or organisation is reputable and have a verifiable track record. Taken at face value it's scary stuff, especially in light of few people having much faith in any data the Chinese government's responsible for. Should either set of figures prove accurate then three weeks hence this forum and the main one will be dominated by coronavirus threads.

Rumours circulating this maybe down to their dreadful, habit of consuming bat soup

It's more likely to be a bio weapon, AKA weapon of mass destruction.

Today's latest official updated numbers are: 5,564 infections, 131 dead. Those remain way ahead of the prediction for this date from my previous post in this thread. If the exponential progression continues at this rate then on the 21st of next month rather than the predicted 57 million infections and 1.1 million dead then it'll be closer to 100 million infections and 2.6 million dead. I won't post the numbers for the end of March as we'll have trouble nodding off after climbing the wooden hill. Unless something changes, as in an antidote is found, and quickly, then the world's economies will be in the crapper in short order.

China coronavirus: Villages build walls and checkpoints to stop outsiders spreading infection: https://news.sky.com/story/china-cor...ction-11919727

Coronavirus: BA suspends flights to and from mainland China - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51292590

A big step to take that is. As far as I know all deaths thus far have been Chinese nationals except for one Thai woman resident in India. That adds weight to the theory it's a designed ethno-specific virus. But such things tend to mutate.

Re the prediction list posted further up, infections and deaths are forecast to just over double every two days and is how a total death toll of 131 today reaches in excess of one million in three weeks time and nine weeks ahead at the end of March around 1 to 1.3 billion infections, virtually 100% of the Chinese population, and presuming a mortality rate of 2.6% then 26 to 35 million dead.

China is what Britain once was, the world's workshop and leading industrial powerhouse. Its sudden implosion would wreak economic and financial havoc everywhere in this highly interconnected system. The humongous global debt bubble may have found the pin which will pop it.

Crikey, forced into quarantine for a fortnight 'possibly at a UK military facility'.

Coronavirus: Britons on Wuhan flights to be quarantined: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51292590

China coronavirus: Villages build walls and checkpoints to stop outsiders spreading infection: https://news.sky.com/story/china-cor...ction-11919727

This is reminiscent of an excellent Flemish-language TV series I watched last year (either on BBC Four or via Channel 4's Walter Presents section). The drama took place in the centre of Antwerp, which had to be walled off by the authorities and those inside the cordon were paranoid of letting friends and families into their houses and building lest they carried the virus. And with the absence of the Police the area became dominated by gangs and hoodlums:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordon_(TV_series)

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Rumours circulating this maybe down to their dreadful, habit of consuming bat soup
    Lots of rumours about at the moment but, as far as I know, the source isn't definitely known as yet. Once it is, it would help scientists working on the case, I understand.

Crikey, forced into quarantine for a fortnight 'possibly at a UK military facility'.

Coronavirus: Britons on Wuhan flights to be quarantined: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51292590
    Some Australians are going to be treated to a free trip to Christmas Island, it seems....

This will be my last post on this thread and any others that's coronavirus related as it's such a depressing topic to read and speculate about. I will say though it's always wise if finances allow to have enough grub on hand to comfortably sustain for a month or two along with cash, medical kit and various consumables.

This will be my last post on this thread and any others that's coronavirus related as it's such a depressing topic to read and speculate about. I will say though it's always wise if finances allow to have enough grub on hand to comfortably sustain for a month or two along with cash, medical kit and various consumables.
    Good heavens, if this is too depressing a thread for our favourite doom-monger it must be bad!

Its looking like China is being shut off , Russia is closing its eastern border , BA cancel flights for a month , and others, this will hurt .

So I guess Coronavirus isn't overhyped , and how bad it is we may never know , are we being fed the real impact details .

Will a global health emergency announced ??