+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

It had already been doing the rounds on Reddit as an obvious fake.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    It had already been doing the rounds on Reddit as an obvious fake.
    It's still funny though and highly plausible

We were initially given the impression that it would be almost exclusively that only the old and weak would die but that does not seem to be the case, our UK Government have been shockingly bad at handling this crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    We were initially given the impression that it would be almost exclusively that only the old and weak would die but that does not seem to be the case, our UK Government have been shockingly bad at handling this crisis.
    While I'm critical of the Government's handling of the crisis, I think it's wrong to say that only the old and weak were expected to die of the virus. The data available from China and places like South Korea and Hong Kong a month or more ago showed that small numbers of younger, seemingly fit, people were dying and I'm not aware of there being much of an increase in the percentage of such people passing away in Europe. Hardly surprisingly, the media concentrate much more on teenagers or younger who die than those five and six times their age, but I've not seen any reporting to say that the percentages are any markedly different from those seen in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    While I'm critical of the Government's handling of the crisis, I think it's wrong to say that only the old and weak were expected to die of the virus. The data available from China and places like South Korea and Hong Kong a month or more ago showed that small numbers of younger, seemingly fit, people were dying and I'm not aware of there being much of an increase in the percentage of such people passing away in Europe. Hardly surprisingly, the media concentrate much more on teenagers or younger who die than those five and six times their age, but I've not seen any reporting to say that the percentages are any markedly different from those seen in Asia.
    The impression was not all but nearly all, that overwhelming it was the old and those with underlying health problems who were the ones likely to die, the reality now seems to be there a quite a lot of working age people dying, doctors and nurses unfortunately, that was not the picture painted in the early weeks of the outbreak over here.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    The impression was not all but nearly all, that overwhelming it was the old and those with underlying health problems who were the ones likely to die, the reality now seems to be there a quite a lot of working age people dying, doctors and nurses unfortunately, that was not the picture painted in the early weeks of the outbreak over here.
    Possibly it was, but the actual stats were always showing that this wasn't the case. A month or so ago, my impression was that I wouldn't be too worried about the virus from my own point of view if I was in my twenties now, but there would be the nagging thought that I could be one of the unlucky ones in my generation if I caught it and my attitude wouldn't have changed in the mean time.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Possibly it was, but the actual stats were always showing that this wasn't the case. A month or so ago, my impression was that I wouldn't be too worried about the virus from my own point of view if I was in my twenties now, but there would be the nagging thought that I could be one of the unlucky ones in my generation if I caught it and my attitude wouldn't have changed in the mean time.
    I've heard it said that consultants and nurses by and large thought it was going to be the old and the weak themselves because they were mislead and they are in the trade so to speak.
    It was also implied that herd immunity was going to be the initial way forward as well, that didn't age well either.

Will the 2020 death rate be above or below the 5 year average?

Hell' bells, the WTI crude oil price crashed 19% overnight to stand at what it was 21 years ago at under $15 per barrel.

https://oilprice.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Hell' bells, the WTI crude oil price crashed 19% overnight to stand at what it was 21 years ago at under $15 per barrel.

Almost like it's a plandemic

Current price is down to $13.50 for a 26% intraday drop.

Croesy, out of idle curiosity, do you prefer working from home in your undies to attending an office?

Current price is down to $13.50 for a 26% intraday drop.

Croesy, out of idle curiosity, do you prefer working from home in your undies to attending an office?
    Yes it's an underpantdemic, see my thread on the politics forum launching at 15.00 today.

Whether the end of the world is nigh I don't know but the oil price suggests something is seriously amiss. It's now at $11 per barrel and minus 40% on the day.

Gulp.

Oil price is under $5 per barrel - down 73%!

Oil Prices Hit $1 Following A 90% Crash - https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...er-Barrel.html

For decades, oil bears have made grand claims about oil prices crashing to $1. It was never really a claim that industry professionals would take seriously, with most observers viewing it either as fear-mongering or hyperbole.

On Monday the 20th of April 2020, WTI front-month contracts fell to the $1 handle. When you take into account both inflation and global breakeven prices – this truly is a historic day for oil. While some producers around the world - Saudi Arabia most notably - may claim to be able to produce oil at this price, the true breakeven price for every IOC and NOC globally is significantly above $1 and generally accepted to be $50+.

Some analysts have been calling for sub-$10 prices since the OPEC+ meeting was first announced. The fundamentals, they argued, were outside of the control of any oil cartel. Now, with no end in sight for the near-global quarantine caused by COVID-19 and oil storage nearing capacity, demand has all but dried up.

Meanwhile, some oil blends in Canada have fallen into negative territory, meaning producers would have to pay to give their barrels away.

While WTI for May delivery was down by over 90 percent, June delivery was only down 10 percent. Brent on the other hand, which is already trading on the June contract, is down by less than 6 percent, suggesting that it is fears of U.S. storage capacity that are dragging on prices.

Premium: 2 Stocks To Consider As Oil Nears $15

It is unclear at this point just how low oil prices will fall or whether there is any intervention large enough to turn this around in the short term. Nymex CME will now allow traders to negatively price for May futures. The mid- to long-term impact on oil prices is likely to be equally catastrophic, with bankruptcies and financial ruin setting markets up for a supply shortage and dramatic price spike.

For everyone from oil companies to industry professionals and even gasoline consumers, a stable oil price is always preferable to volatility and rock-bottom prices.

Oil Prices Hit $1 Following A 90% Crash - https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...er-Barrel.html

For decades, oil bears have made grand claims about oil prices crashing to $1. It was never really a claim that industry professionals would take seriously, with most observers viewing it either as fear-mongering or hyperbole.

On Monday the 20th of April 2020, WTI front-month contracts fell to the $1 handle. When you take into account both inflation and global breakeven prices – this truly is a historic day for oil. While some producers around the world - Saudi Arabia most notably - may claim to be able to produce oil at this price, the true breakeven price for every IOC and NOC globally is significantly above $1 and generally accepted to be $50+.

Some analysts have been calling for sub-$10 prices since the OPEC+ meeting was first announced. The fundamentals, they argued, were outside of the control of any oil cartel. Now, with no end in sight for the near-global quarantine caused by COVID-19 and oil storage nearing capacity, demand has all but dried up.

Meanwhile, some oil blends in Canada have fallen into negative territory, meaning producers would have to pay to give their barrels away.

While WTI for May delivery was down by over 90 percent, June delivery was only down 10 percent. Brent on the other hand, which is already trading on the June contract, is down by less than 6 percent, suggesting that it is fears of U.S. storage capacity that are dragging on prices.

Premium: 2 Stocks To Consider As Oil Nears $15

It is unclear at this point just how low oil prices will fall or whether there is any intervention large enough to turn this around in the short term. Nymex CME will now allow traders to negatively price for May futures. The mid- to long-term impact on oil prices is likely to be equally catastrophic, with bankruptcies and financial ruin setting markets up for a supply shortage and dramatic price spike.

For everyone from oil companies to industry professionals and even gasoline consumers, a stable oil price is always preferable to volatility and rock-bottom prices.
    Hundreds of millions of people could die because of this.

They say water is going to be the most expensive, sort after commodity on Earth, an independent Wales would be rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Hundreds of millions of people could die because of this.
    Pay little to no heed to however many people may perish pre and post a global economic collapse by joining the rest of us who prefer to concentrate on COVID-19 fatalities. We accept the real possibility of a life of grinding poverty and skipping meals for days at a time; you should too.

Heisenberg

Pay little to no heed to however many people may perish pre and post a global economic collapse by joining the rest of us who prefer to concentrate on COVID-19 fatalities. We accept the real possibility of a life of grinding poverty and skipping meals for days at a time; you should too.
    Are you still a bit sore about the whole 'Plandemic' thing? It looks like you're still sore.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Are you still a bit sore about the whole 'Plandemic' thing? It looks like you're still sore.
    I'm not sore at all. This place is reserved for entertainment purposes only.

By Jove, the penny still hasn't dropped your end. You nor anyone else hereabout are in my head, so to speak. I don't follow any poster around or check when or at what intervals they submit messages.

By Jove, the penny still hasn't dropped your end. You nor anyone else hereabout are in my head, so to speak. I don't follow any poster around or check when or at what intervals they submit messages.
    Many struggle to separate parody and satire from what's not in some of my output at this forum. I vaguely recall a comment made by you perhaps as long as a year ago in which you stated you had difficulty distinguishing.
    You sure?

If you can identify a contradiction in those two messages then you're trying too hard.

From surveying what's unfolding, envisioning lockdowns without end in the UK, it's becoming easier by the week to understand that deagel.com's 2025 projections, which I posted earlier in this thread, may prove accurate and that Britain's economy and population will indeed decline to a greater extent in percentage terms than any other country worldwide will.

Here's the forecast again http://www.deagel.com/country/United-Kingdom_c0209.aspx for those who missed it.

From surveying what's unfolding, envisioning lockdowns without end in the UK, it's becoming easier by the week to understand that deagel.com's 2025 projections, which I posted earlier in this thread, may prove accurate and that Britain's economy and population will indeed decline to a greater extent in percentage terms than any other country worldwide will.

Here's the forecast again http://www.deagel.com/country/United-Kingdom_c0209.aspx for those who missed it.
    I think what is sure to happen is a huge hike in anything we purchase as it was after the recession and those prices never fell back back including as W.B pointed out recently the introduction of VAT to 20% never went back .