+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Oil Prices Hit $1 Following A 90% Crash - https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...er-Barrel.html

For decades, oil bears have made grand claims about oil prices crashing to $1. It was never really a claim that industry professionals would take seriously, with most observers viewing it either as fear-mongering or hyperbole.

On Monday the 20th of April 2020, WTI front-month contracts fell to the $1 handle. When you take into account both inflation and global breakeven prices – this truly is a historic day for oil. While some producers around the world - Saudi Arabia most notably - may claim to be able to produce oil at this price, the true breakeven price for every IOC and NOC globally is significantly above $1 and generally accepted to be $50+.

Some analysts have been calling for sub-$10 prices since the OPEC+ meeting was first announced. The fundamentals, they argued, were outside of the control of any oil cartel. Now, with no end in sight for the near-global quarantine caused by COVID-19 and oil storage nearing capacity, demand has all but dried up.

Meanwhile, some oil blends in Canada have fallen into negative territory, meaning producers would have to pay to give their barrels away.

While WTI for May delivery was down by over 90 percent, June delivery was only down 10 percent. Brent on the other hand, which is already trading on the June contract, is down by less than 6 percent, suggesting that it is fears of U.S. storage capacity that are dragging on prices.

Premium: 2 Stocks To Consider As Oil Nears $15

It is unclear at this point just how low oil prices will fall or whether there is any intervention large enough to turn this around in the short term. Nymex CME will now allow traders to negatively price for May futures. The mid- to long-term impact on oil prices is likely to be equally catastrophic, with bankruptcies and financial ruin setting markets up for a supply shortage and dramatic price spike.

For everyone from oil companies to industry professionals and even gasoline consumers, a stable oil price is always preferable to volatility and rock-bottom prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Oil Prices Hit $1 Following A 90% Crash - https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...er-Barrel.html

For decades, oil bears have made grand claims about oil prices crashing to $1. It was never really a claim that industry professionals would take seriously, with most observers viewing it either as fear-mongering or hyperbole.

On Monday the 20th of April 2020, WTI front-month contracts fell to the $1 handle. When you take into account both inflation and global breakeven prices – this truly is a historic day for oil. While some producers around the world - Saudi Arabia most notably - may claim to be able to produce oil at this price, the true breakeven price for every IOC and NOC globally is significantly above $1 and generally accepted to be $50+.

Some analysts have been calling for sub-$10 prices since the OPEC+ meeting was first announced. The fundamentals, they argued, were outside of the control of any oil cartel. Now, with no end in sight for the near-global quarantine caused by COVID-19 and oil storage nearing capacity, demand has all but dried up.

Meanwhile, some oil blends in Canada have fallen into negative territory, meaning producers would have to pay to give their barrels away.

While WTI for May delivery was down by over 90 percent, June delivery was only down 10 percent. Brent on the other hand, which is already trading on the June contract, is down by less than 6 percent, suggesting that it is fears of U.S. storage capacity that are dragging on prices.

Premium: 2 Stocks To Consider As Oil Nears $15

It is unclear at this point just how low oil prices will fall or whether there is any intervention large enough to turn this around in the short term. Nymex CME will now allow traders to negatively price for May futures. The mid- to long-term impact on oil prices is likely to be equally catastrophic, with bankruptcies and financial ruin setting markets up for a supply shortage and dramatic price spike.

For everyone from oil companies to industry professionals and even gasoline consumers, a stable oil price is always preferable to volatility and rock-bottom prices.
    Hundreds of millions of people could die because of this.

They say water is going to be the most expensive, sort after commodity on Earth, an independent Wales would be rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Hundreds of millions of people could die because of this.
    Pay little to no heed to however many people may perish pre and post a global economic collapse by joining the rest of us who prefer to concentrate on COVID-19 fatalities. We accept the real possibility of a life of grinding poverty and skipping meals for days at a time; you should too.

Heisenberg

Pay little to no heed to however many people may perish pre and post a global economic collapse by joining the rest of us who prefer to concentrate on COVID-19 fatalities. We accept the real possibility of a life of grinding poverty and skipping meals for days at a time; you should too.
    Are you still a bit sore about the whole 'Plandemic' thing? It looks like you're still sore.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Are you still a bit sore about the whole 'Plandemic' thing? It looks like you're still sore.
    I'm not sore at all. This place is reserved for entertainment purposes only.

Heisenberg

Keep up the entertainment then, Organ.

We're eagerly awaiting 'Plandemic 2: Electric Boogaloo'.

You have been wonderful entertainment with your confident but terrible predictions and scoops.

In fairness you have provided plenty of entertainment with the plandemic, it was a shame you disappeared for 5 days after it mind. I was worried you'd be assassinated for providing top secret info.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    In fairness you have provided plenty of entertainment with the plandemic, it was a shame you disappeared for 5 days after it mind. I was worried you'd be assassinated for providing top secret info.
    Be careful Morg it's a trap. Just because he put a 5 in the post doesn't mean that you were actually missing for 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You have been wonderful entertainment with your confident but terrible predictions and scoops.
    I read an online .pdf book last year filled with anecdotes from those who lived through the 30-month siege of Leningrad during WW2. There came a point where there was barely enough food to feed Red Army defenders; civilians were left to do the best they could for themselves. So many of the elderly, infirm and those without family support quietly starved to death. For the rest a survival instinct kicked in and when all pets and rodents had been consumed their attention turned toward their neighbours. The larger they were the more they were eyed.

The moral of this tale is if your username is a reference to your waist measurements then you may well receive unwelcome attention in a world where some resources quickly become unobtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Be careful Morg it's a trap. Just because he put a 5 in the post doesn't mean that you were actually missing for 5 days.
    It's flattering that some take a keen interest in my posting history. They've been played well.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Many struggle to separate parody and satire from what's not in some of my output at this forum. I vaguely recall a comment made by you perhaps as long as a year ago in which you stated you had difficulty distinguishing. Because of your inability I continue to receive many bites from you which provide me with much amusement. Quite a few others have also been deliberately reeled in but most of them have become annoying as they're miles behind you cognitively speaking. One who's not is the Heisenberg character but is nevertheless quite tedious. I don't recall targeting him for some fun so am unaware what irritated him previously which is a shame because if I did know I'd play on that same weakness intermittently.

I read an online .pdf book last year filled with anecdotes from those who lived through the 30-month siege of Leningrad during WW2. There came a point where there was barely enough food to feed Red Army defenders; civilians were left to do the best they could for themselves. So many of the elderly, infirm and those without family support quietly starved to death. For the rest a survival instinct kicked in and when all pets and rodents had been consumed their attention turned toward their neighbours. The larger they were the more they were eyed.

The moral of this tale is if your username is a reference to your waist measurements then you may well receive unwelcome attention in a world where some resources quickly become unobtainable.
    Oh my god, I just saw that your post was made at 15.09. Does that mean 15th September? You understand these things so much better than me. How could you have posted this over six months ago?

It's flattering that some take a keen interest in my posting history. They've been played well.
    tbf you were sending out Party Invites to all Board Members asking them to bring a bottle to the particular post in question. It's not one to easily forget. I bought a crate of Koronaburg2015 especially which I am working my way through. Both the post and the drink help to brighten the day in these tough times and for that I thank you!

Yeah you made us all look really stupid in that thread, well played

By Jove, the penny still hasn't dropped your end. You nor anyone else hereabout are in my head, so to speak. I don't follow any poster around or check when or at what intervals they submit messages.

By Jove, the penny still hasn't dropped your end. You nor anyone else hereabout are in my head, so to speak. I don't follow any poster around or check when or at what intervals they submit messages.
    Many struggle to separate parody and satire from what's not in some of my output at this forum. I vaguely recall a comment made by you perhaps as long as a year ago in which you stated you had difficulty distinguishing.
    You sure?

If you can identify a contradiction in those two messages then you're trying too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You're the king of entertainment after giving three years of BS Russia collusion scoops

From surveying what's unfolding, envisioning lockdowns without end in the UK, it's becoming easier by the week to understand that deagel.com's 2025 projections, which I posted earlier in this thread, may prove accurate and that Britain's economy and population will indeed decline to a greater extent in percentage terms than any other country worldwide will.

Here's the forecast again http://www.deagel.com/country/United-Kingdom_c0209.aspx for those who missed it.

From surveying what's unfolding, envisioning lockdowns without end in the UK, it's becoming easier by the week to understand that deagel.com's 2025 projections, which I posted earlier in this thread, may prove accurate and that Britain's economy and population will indeed decline to a greater extent in percentage terms than any other country worldwide will.

Here's the forecast again http://www.deagel.com/country/United-Kingdom_c0209.aspx for those who missed it.
    I think what is sure to happen is a huge hike in anything we purchase as it was after the recession and those prices never fell back back including as W.B pointed out recently the introduction of VAT to 20% never went back .

Is there an explanation how the UK is going to shed 51 million people in the next 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Is there an explanation how the UK is going to shed 51 million people in the next 5 years?
    This might help.

Another one of Morg's bogus sites feigning to be a credible source. Even though they have been at this for a number of years they overwrite the incorrect forecasts with new ones. Conspiracists are never wrong you know. Unfortunately some spark in that thread saved some of their historical inaccuracies for posterity.

https://skeptics.stackexchange.com/q...25-legit/39380

Heisenberg

The URL for that says 'c0209' so can we assume that it was written circa-209AD?