+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Anybody this dastardly would have already developed an antidote, so you need to focus on the motive and the goals if you want to look at it from a conspiracy angle..
    Ah, Brigadier Bacofoil right on Q. Given your special "sight" into all things conspiratorial what are the motives and goals actually going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Ah, Brigadier Bacofoil right on Q. Given your special "sight" into all things conspiratorial what are the motives and goals actually going on here?
    Too many to mention, but it won't be covered by CNN, so you are out of luck.

It appears the same people who couldn't spot a plot to overthrow a US president when it was all laid out in in front of them in minute detail, have now suddenly become word experts in infectious diseases, when they can't even tell the difference between the Steele dossier and the Beano

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Provide links? Ducked challenge? What are you talking about? What do you think I'm talking about? It was in bold!

I haven't said how many I think have died, I haven't denied that (completely unsurprisingly) all the deaths so far are "East Asian background". I don't know why you were expecting me to argue it or why you're triumphant that I did not.

So why do I not believe that China released this themselves "purely to kill those citizens it doesn't want live any longer"?

Firstly, releasing a virus is about the worst way to do it. It's unpredictable, and it cannot be controlled so they can't make sure the right people live and the wrong people die. They certainly wouldn't do it just before Chinese New Year when 100 million+ are travelling around the country. They can't stop it spreading to other countries and damaging their own economy.They can't stop it mutating and becoming even less controllable.

Secondly, if they were stupid enough to ignore all that and do it anyway, they'd definitely be releasing it in Taiwan or Hong Kong rather than their own backyard.

Thirdly, you've already said they are forcing people into camps while the world turns a blind eye. If that strategy works, why wouldn't they continue doing it?

I know you're sensitive about your theories, hence why you post them in the comfortable bubble of the politics forum where there are some like-minded tin foilers. Why not try it on the main board and see if anyone buys it? Be brave.

Thanks for that. I only wish you posted it earlier as a response instead of agreeing with a one-line hit and run snipe.

I created this thread here rather than the main one as Moggis created this just for that as he was fed up of them cluttering a board he wanted football based. I have no problem questioning political opinion or social issues posted on the football forum but wouldn't create an overtly political/social one there out of respect for his wishes.

The provide links remarks were made to reinforce the point that 20k Chinese do indeed croak every day and that nobody who was not of east Asian heritage had died. Those who propagate the worldwide pandemic, millions will die scare stories are having a difficult time maintaining that theory in the face of no non Asian dead. At first that was because the virus had an unusually long incubation period of up to 14 days, they said. That's long since past.

I stated this coronavirus is a new mild flu strain and that typical flu has killed vastly more than the current 1k global total for this one. You didn't counter that point, likely because you were unable to support doing so with established facts.

The coronavirus, apparently, attacks what's called ACE-2 lung receptors. They are most prevalent in east Asian males and especially Chinese males. It explains why - once again - nil non Asians have died as Caucasians, etc, have far fewer so can easily survive infection.

It's also true the Chinese government has hyped the threat to its own citizens to an absurd degree while also playing down the threat to the rest of the world by complaining about airlines stopping flights to and from there.

I will agree with your remarks about doing harm to the Chinese economy at the worst time of the year. But revenue loss isn't a problem as China has its own printing press and can create any amount of new currency to support itself and inject into equity markets and anything else it cares to prop up.

Incidentally, the relatively massive protests in Wuhan last summer centered on an incinerator. Coincidentally or not, they come in handy for disposing corpses.

Wuhan protests: Incinerator plan sparks mass unrest - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-china-blog-48904350

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Great idea says a Chinaman. Let's spread a virus that we can't control but which, we hope, finishes off a section of the ageing population. We can't imagine that it may spread beyond those people or beyond the confines of our own country and it will only bring positive results for our economy and regarding the faith the people have in us. Can't go wrong.
    My hypothesis is it's a mild form of flu released by the ChiComs that's not life threatening to anyone other than east Asians and is less of a risk to east Asians themselves than the flu umpteen thousands die of every year when bronchitis or pneumonia set in. Put another way, it's tons of hype with very little substance to those who choose to look beyond the hype, which you and others appear incapable of. If you care to view footage from China their citizens' body temperature is checked whenever they take to the streets by people using a handheld device.

It's widely accepted that during Chairman Mao's tenure their utterly ruthless Communist Party deliberately killed around 60 million Chinese citizens, mostly by starvation. And China is far more overpopulated today than then.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    My hypothesis is it's a mild form of flu released by the ChiComs that's not life threatening to anyone other than east Asians and is less of a risk to east Asians themselves than the flu umpteen thousands die of every year when bronchitis or pneumonia set in. Put another way, it's tons of hype with very little substance to those who choose to look beyond the hype, which you and others appear incapable of. If you care to view footage from China their citizens' body temperature is checked whenever they take to the streets by people using a handheld device.

It's widely accepted that during Chairman Mao's tenure their utterly ruthless Communist Party deliberately killed around 60 million Chinese citizens, mostly by starvation. And China is far more overpopulated today than then.
    I read that Brighton has shut a 2nd surgery!!
    Don't look here, look over there.
    If I believed in conspiracies, I would be thinking that there is something that the public isn't being told,
    however, I get reassured by the CCMB squad that all is good and no need for concern.
    I've booked a cruise for May, thankfully I always get the full Monty insurance wise, the only other time i have ever
    booked a cruise I had to cancel!!!
    back to the dulcet sounds of RUSH

And how many Brighton residents have turned their toes up?

Wake me up when just one amongst billions of non Asians snuff it. 1,000 coronavirus dead from a world population of 7.7 billion (says the latest UN estimate) is a gigantic nothing burger.

I will agree with your remarks about doing harm to the Chinese economy at the worst time of the year. But revenue loss isn't a problem as China has its own printing press and can create any amount of new currency to support itself and inject into equity markets and anything else it cares to prop up.
    Apparently Chinese factories always close in February, so the big tell will be whether or not they reopen on time.

And how many Brighton residents have turned their toes up?

Wake me up when just one amongst billions of non Asians snuff it. 1,000 coronavirus dead from a world population of 7.7 billion (says the latest UN estimate) is a gigantic nothing burger.
    I was kinda agreeing with you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Apparently Chinese factories always close in February, so the big tell will be whether or not they reopen on time.
    They close for a week to celebrate Chinese Lunar New Year each year. That begun and finished at the end of January. They extended the holiday to all last week when they produced and shipped nowt. It's difficult to determine how many, if any, of their factories and ports are at work today. What they manufacture is incredible; the world's economies are reliant on what they produce. Medicines and medical supplies is where they dominate most.

The Nissan car plant in Sunderland, for example, probably require components made in China, without them production stops and layoffs ensue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I was kinda agreeing with you!!!
    Never mind that! What's this cruise lark?

I'm afraid to tell you you've been added to the monikers included in my little black book under the heading of Suspected Tory Voters.

Never mind that! What's this cruise lark?

I'm afraid to tell you you've been added to the monikers included in my little black book under the heading of Suspected Tory Voters.
    The cruise is my birfy treat, nothing plush after last years escape down under, just a week on the med, although couldn't manage the actual date, so will be a few weeks after.
    Regarding Tory voting, never, never, never, I've avoided all my life, and now as a non-voter i will retire to meet my maker with a clean soul.

New updated coronavirus numbers: total dead, 1,100+; total deaths during the past 24 hours, 93.

I wish I could find a collated world total of how many people have croaked since yesterday after falling down stairs, choking on their own vomit and, well, numerous other reasons all of which would dwarf 93.

Thanks for that. I only wish you posted it earlier as a response instead of agreeing with a one-line hit and run snipe.

I created this thread here rather than the main one as Moggis created this just for that as he was fed up of them cluttering a board he wanted football based. I have no problem questioning political opinion or social issues posted on the football forum but wouldn't create an overtly political/social one there out of respect for his wishes.

The provide links remarks were made to reinforce the point that 20k Chinese do indeed croak every day and that nobody who was not of east Asian heritage had died. Those who propagate the worldwide pandemic, millions will die scare stories are having a difficult time maintaining that theory in the face of no non Asian dead. At first that was because the virus had an unusually long incubation period of up to 14 days, they said. That's long since past.

I stated this coronavirus is a new mild flu strain and that typical flu has killed vastly more than the current 1k global total for this one. You didn't counter that point, likely because you were unable to support doing so with established facts.

The coronavirus, apparently, attacks what's called ACE-2 lung receptors. They are most prevalent in east Asian males and especially Chinese males. It explains why - once again - nil non Asians have died as Caucasians, etc, have far fewer so can easily survive infection.

It's also true the Chinese government has hyped the threat to its own citizens to an absurd degree while also playing down the threat to the rest of the world by complaining about airlines stopping flights to and from there.

Incidentally, the relatively massive protests in Wuhan last summer centered on an incinerator. Coincidentally or not, they come in handy for disposing corpses.

Wuhan protests: Incinerator plan sparks mass unrest - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-china-blog-48904350
    To be honest, I thought my points about it being a stupid suggestion were so obvious they didn't need to be spelled out.

As for the Chinese economy being ok as they can just print more money - see above. Don't make me do another one...

To be honest, I thought my points about it being a stupid suggestion were so obvious they didn't need to be spelled out.

As for the Chinese economy being ok as they can just print more money - see above. Don't make me do another one...
    I love it when you get all authoritative, but after listening to your BS for 3 years, I'm afraid I have to take everything you say with a pinch of salt

It's a simple proposition. The coronavirus kills very few. Forced quarantine in China equals a death sentence for all dissidents and (I strongly suspect) anyone the Communist Party adjudge as an economic drag.

Not sure what you mean with your currency remarks. I concluded a long time ago you're clueless re fiat money, currency creation, fractional reserve banking and lending, QE, usury, inflation in its different forms and pretty much everything else related to the topic.

It's a simple proposition. The coronavirus kills very few. Forced quarantine in China equals a death sentence for all dissidents and (I strongly suspect) anyone the Communist Party adjudge as an economic drag.

Not sure what you mean with your currency remarks. I concluded a long time ago you're clueless re fiat money, currency creation, fractional reserve banking and lending, QE, usury, inflation in its different forms and pretty much everything else related to the topic.
    So help a thickie like me understand how China can replace all the income lost by selling far less to the rest of the world by printing more money.

Don't forget the social credit scores.

Agree. Just the usual conspiracy rubbish that happens every time something out of the ordinary happens. Usually the same people spreading it too.
    Yes totally agree , keeps them active I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    If you read the posts properly, you'll see that nobody is saying that the coronavirus itself is a conspiracy... They're saying that the Chinese government creating it as a weapon to kill their own citizens is a conspiracy - which is what Organ Morgan is purporting.
    I did read the post I was generalising about these types of events ,that's why I didn't reply to Organ directly.
    I note another posted the same view ,which escaped your eye.

Anyways thanks teach I do appreciate you monitoring my every word , its quite flattering and uplifting.

The arguement that this virus has killed less people than other more normal things (seasonal flu, falling down the stairs, etc) doesn't stand up. The more people that the virus infects, the greater the chance of a mutation. The death rate could surge without warning if the spread isn't brought under control.

The 4-24 day incubation period means we are always at least 4 days and possibly as much as 24 days behind the real numbers. The virus could be infecting people in every major city in the UK right now and we wouldn't know about it for another week or so.

The WHO Director General earlier said "Ebola is lousy, this is airborne. Corona is airborne!"

An airborne virus has the potential to infect people up to 250m away and hangs in the air. Thats about two football pitches in length.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I did read the post I was generalising about these types of events ,that's why I didn't reply to Organ directly.
    I note another posted the same view ,which escaped your eye.

Anyways thanks teach I do appreciate you monitoring my every word , its quite flattering and uplifting.
    Who?

Today's new numbers raised an eyebrow. 14,840 new cases (multiples more than any previous day), and 242 new deaths (over double any day prior).

I usually get a Chinese takeaway each Thursday. Tomorrow I'll be there wearing a hazmat suit and gas mask.

So help a thickie like me understand how China can replace all the income lost by selling far less to the rest of the world by printing more money.
    Some official at their central bank or Treasury would create whatever number of new yuan they care to. Britain has created £434 billion quid just as I described and called it QE (quantitative easing). True story.

Some official at their central bank or Treasury would create whatever number of new yuan they care to. Britain has created £434 billion quid just as I described and called it QE (quantitative easing). True story.
    That's interesting. I didn't know economics was so simple. I can't believe that everyone's worrying about trade deals when organ Morgan says on ccmb politics forum that we can just print more money. Presumably people are then flying around the world with briefcases full of billions of dollars of freshly printed bills to buy materials.

I've learned something. Thank you.