+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

Re: Coronavirus: overhyped fear-mongering or potential mega doom?

One element of the recent doom that most will celebrate is the decline in the price of the benchmark WTI crude oil. In the past 10 days it has fallen 16%, from $54 a barrel to $45.

At long last, the counterfeiters show up.

Live: FTSE jumps as Bank of England pledges ‘all necessary steps’ to fight coronavirus – live updates

European shares rally sharply on hopes of co-ordinated central bank easing
    Bank of England says it is working with the Treasury and international partners

More - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-live-updates/

Faulty testing kits?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Good interview, hate or love Trump he cancelled flights very early on from China before many other countries even when Nancy and Biden called him over reacting ,who would you want in charge now , fence sitters or doers .

Wonder if this Virus is this the end of cheap Chinese Labour , corporations here and in the USA should bring the jobs back , I'd rather pay more ,have more jobs for our folk and stop this Chinese growth and influence, its far more dangerous that Trump and Boris .

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    At long last, the counterfeiters show up.

Live: FTSE jumps as Bank of England pledges ‘all necessary steps’ to fight coronavirus – live updates

European shares rally sharply on hopes of co-ordinated central bank easing
    Bank of England says it is working with the Treasury and international partners

More - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-live-updates/
    Oooh me shares are bouncing

Yes, it's because smoke signals have been sent that interest rates will be lowered soon in several countries. Good news for borrowers, not so great for savers.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Good interview, hate or love Trump he cancelled flights very early on from China before many other countries even when Nancy and Biden called him over reacting ,who would you want in charge now , fence sitters or doers .

Wonder if this Virus is this the end of cheap Chinese Labour , corporations here and in the USA should bring the jobs back , I'd rather pay more ,have more jobs for our folk and stop this Chinese growth and influence, its far more dangerous that Trump and Boris .
    There are some interesting points raised in this article about the financial interests of multinational corporations..

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...ns-at-stake-2/

Oooh me shares are bouncing
    Dow roars back from coronavirus sell-off with biggest gain since 2009, surges 5.1%

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/01/awai...ince-2008.html

US Federal Reserve announced an emergency 1/2% rate cut an hour or so ago, the largest cut in 12 years. The markets knew that was coming yesterday.

I've got a cough and a runny nose, should I go to the A&E?

I've got a cough and a runny nose, should I go to the A&E?
    No ring 111
    If advised drive to an allocated location , but stay in the car .
    Don't forget your smartphone .
    Someone comes out to you
    If you test positive your extricated to a special isolated location .
    If not you will have to suffer the CCMB for many more years .

Officials are doing a cracking job at keeping a straight face while telling us that school closures and contact limiting measures do nothing and all we need to do is wash our hands.

Doctor Donald J Trump is on the case - don't worry it's just another Democrat hoax!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e-false-number

First death within the UK recorded. We have moved to the next stage which is delay, it looks very much like contain which involved doing nothing. I think the next one is panic isn't it?

This line of (in)action appears to be more about keeping the house of cards economy afloat than keeping old people (who appear to have become worthwhile sacrifices) alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Officials are doing a cracking job at keeping a straight face while telling us that school closures and contact limiting measures do nothing and all we need to do is wash our hands.
    Isn't the situation far more nuanced than that? Schools closures may yet come into force but it's not considered appropriate at this juncture?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Isn't the situation far more nuanced than that? Schools closures may yet come into force but it's not considered appropriate at this juncture?
    Nuanced because they have to balance economic impact with people's lives? I agree that is what is going on, if you mean that. It will be too late by the time we reach the 'do something' stage. Maybe it is too late already but people should at least be given the opportunity. One of my team at work is vulnerable to this and also has a disabled daughter who is really likely to die if she gets it, my workplace won't do anything (even on a case by case basis) until there is some meaningful government advice.

I get the impression that the decision has been made that we can't stop it so any attempt that causes a negative economic impact would just be wasted. That doesn't take into account the fact that if empowered to do so, people can take individual steps as they see fit.

Nuanced because they have to balance economic impact with people's lives? I agree that is what is going on, if you mean that. It will be too late by the time we reach the 'do something' stage. Maybe it is too late already but people should at least be given the opportunity. One of my team at work is vulnerable to this and also has a disabled daughter who is really likely to die if she gets it, my workplace won't do anything (even on a case by case basis) until there is some meaningful government advice.

I get the impression that the decision has been made that we can't stop it so any attempt that causes a negative economic impact would just be wasted. That doesn't take into account the fact that if empowered to do so, people can take individual steps as they see fit.
    Should be cancelling big sporting events first like Saturdays rugby game , its the adults who are the issue not children .

Some people are complaining that enough isn't being done right now and others that it's all OTT. It's a fine balance that needs to be struck by the powers-that-be.

Donny has said the 3.4% is a false number , and Democrats are willing it to be a disaster. What does he mean ??

Donny has said the 3.4% is a false number , and Democrats are willing it to be a disaster. What does he mean ??
    You mentioned this in another thread. You appear to be hanging off his every word.

Didn't you criticise others for doing this? Happy to dig it out if you deny.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Some people are complaining that enough isn't being done right now and others that it's all OTT. It's a fine balance that needs to be struck by the powers-that-be.
    The government aren't taking their lead from public opinion though, they are making an assessment based on their own internal valuations of human life and money. Given what we have seen over the last 10 years that should put the shivers up everybody.

Weird one from the figures from department for health today. Why were half the number of people tested yesterday Vs the day before? I can only think of reasons that might be branded cynical.

The government aren't taking their lead from public opinion though, they are making an assessment based on their own internal valuations of human life and money. Given what we have seen over the last 10 years that should put the shivers up everybody.

Weird one from the figures from department for health today. Why were half the number of people tested yesterday Vs the day before? I can only think of reasons that might be branded cynical.
    Are you suggesting that the government crash the economy? Following your plan there won't even be a health service left. And who is going to pay the civil servants overinflated salaries and pensions?

Are you suggesting that the government crash the economy? Following your plan there won't even be a health service left. And who is going to pay the civil servants overinflated salaries and pensions?
    No

No
    You'll get the gist of what the plan is if you watch this video. In the meantime, I would avoid the media as they appear to be scaring the sh*t out of you.